• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Date of Doris' First Cooking Show?

I guess since she can't read the warranty information on the receipt it would beI'm sorry to hear that! I hope you were able to get a replacement. I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you were able to get a replacement.
pkd09
Silver Member
I don't have Doris' book with me at work, so does anyone know the date of her first cooking show? I was thinking of offering a special host/guest gift on that date. Thank you

I believe it was Oct 19, 1980. I can't find the book but that was the date that popped into my head when I first read your post.

It seems like it was in Oct of 1980.... but I don't remeber the excat date myself.

Don't remember the date, but I do believe it was raining that night.

Isn't that funny? We all know that it was October, but can't remember specifics. I almost posted that it was the 15th. But that looked wrong. 27th? Too late in the month. I think it was the 19th or 20th, though. There was an incentive in 2005 for shows held on the actual anniversary date.

And I think she had @ 6 or 10 wooden crates!

Doris also almost didn't do that first show - she thought about turning around and going back home.

If you haven't read the book it is very inspiring!

Mine's at home so I cannot look up the date.

I love this book! I'd look it up for you too, but I loaned my only copy out to a recruit.

pamperedlinda said:
I love this book! I'd look it up for you too, but I loaned my only copy out to a recruit.

I thought about doing that when I recruit and have everyone sign the inside of the book to show how many hands it's touched.

wadesgirl said:
I thought about doing that when I recruit and have everyone sign the inside of the book to show how many hands it's touched.
I love that idea! I was thinking about getting several more copies just for lending.

Just checked the book. It was October 15, 1980.

The original date was mid-September but DORIS postponed it because SHE wasn't ready and she almost postponed it again!

Read the book if you haven't already.

The 15th is right.. It is also my birthday so I never forget.. The Pampered Chef is exactly 10 years younger than me... OH MY!!! :)
Crystal

Thank you all. Linda, you are so funny (raining, crates, oh my gosh)!!!!! I will make sure to mark it on my PC calendar and offer a special that date. I read the book shortly after I joined and loved it. Very inspirational. A year ago I found one on e-bay (brand new). I e-mailed HO and asked if there was any way Doris could sign it. Her assistant replied, I sent the book, they sent it back, and now I have a signed copy. There is NO WAY I would loan this book out so I am going to get another copy (not signed) to loan to recruits. Actually, I think it is time to read it again. I would recommend it to everyone. The vision she had ... WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have always wanted to read it and never have. What is the title again?

What's the title of the book? I want to read it now, lol

Why do they not offer the book on the supply orders? They have the Come to the Basement book but I had to get mine on Amazon. I like the idea of getting it signed by Doris. Maybe I should get another copy too!

wadesgirl said:
Why do they not offer the book on the supply orders? They have the Come to the Basement book but I had to get mine on Amazon. I like the idea of getting it signed by Doris. Maybe I should get another copy too!

I've wondered myself why it wasn't on supply order....

pamperedlinda said:
$$$$ Residuals $$$$

True but they should still offer it to consultants so we don't have to go elsewhere to find it. I didn't even know about the book for the longest time.

Grrr Just saw this on the book review on Amazon. :mad:

Too expensive for such poor quality, January 22, 2008... I purchased the sandwich spreader and metal spatula. I paid twice what I would have paid anywhere else. They turned out to be junk. Both plastic handles separated from the metal parts within 9 months of the purchase.

I guess since she can't read the warranty information on the receipt it would be ridiculous to expect she may have actually read the book? :grumpy:

And what was she doing posting product review in the book reviews, anyway? Sheesh.

RebelChef said:
Grrr Just saw this on the book review on Amazon. :mad:

Too expensive for such poor quality, January 22, 2008... I purchased the sandwich spreader and metal spatula. I paid twice what I would have paid anywhere else. They turned out to be junk. Both plastic handles separated from the metal parts within 9 months of the purchase.

I guess since she can't read the warranty information on the receipt it would be ridiculous to expect she may have actually read the book? :grumpy:

I find that just too funny! It made me laugh out loud......

What type of mindset has someone find a book for sale on Amazon, and then do a complaint about products.....that just cracks me up! Good way to get a problem resolved! (not!):rolleyes:

Must be kin to the one on the video. Her twin maybe. :yuck:

Hers was the only negative review on there but it pi*^ed me off that it was the first one you see. :grumpy:

lol Becky, I've been alternating between laughing and growling at her. People like that make me want to reach through the monitor and shake them until their teeth rattle. It's for certain the brain wouldn't...two brain cells fighting for oxygen and both losing. Jeez.

Last edited:
Well, if they broke within 9 months, then they should be under warranty unless they didn't buy them through PC.

Related to What Is the Date of Doris' First Cooking Show?

1. Can I bring a friend to Doris' First Cooking Show Date?

Yes, absolutely! The more the merrier. Just make sure to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have enough supplies for everyone.

2. Is there a fee to attend Doris' First Cooking Show Date?

No, there is no fee to attend the cooking show. It is completely free and open to anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products and cooking techniques.

3. What can I expect at Doris' First Cooking Show Date?

You can expect to learn new cooking skills, taste delicious food, and have a fun time with friends. Our consultant will demonstrate how to use our products and provide helpful tips for creating delicious meals at home.

4. Do I need to purchase anything at Doris' First Cooking Show Date?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at the cooking show. However, if you find a product you love, our consultant will be available to assist with ordering.

5. Can I host my own cooking show like Doris?

Absolutely! Our consultants are always looking for new hosts to share our products with. Talk to our consultant at the cooking show to learn more about hosting your own show and earning free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sarahsellcm
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • armywyf
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies