• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Best Toaster Oven for My Kitchen?

In summary, I think it is important to get a toaster oven that will fit your pan. Black and Decker offers a variety of toaster ovens that fit a variety of pans.
babywings76
Gold Member
My Black & Decker one just died this morning. I am trying to decide if I should get the same type/brand or not. This one was an average size one that could fit our small bar pan. It toasted and baked and broiled. It didn't cook very evenly though. I don't want to buy a counter hog one. What do you guys all own and recommend?

I just bought a toaster oven a month ago after my B&D pop up one started to fail.It's this one:
Black & Decker Toaster Oven with Convection, Black - Walmart.comIt is a little bigger than I'd prefer, but the options at the various stores I went to didn't thrill me. I really wanted a very simple, black/silver toaster and this was best I could get for the price range. It works nicely though the thing I find odd on the newer toasters is the lack of a simple button to press to toast! This one I have to turn the dial for toasting

Yeah, the one that I have that just died had 3 knobs. The top one was to set the oven temperature. The middle one was to set the timer or set it to a "stay on" mode. The lower knob was to set the toaster to light/medium/dark. A couple annoying things about it were that when you open the door, the rack didn't come forward, so you had to reach in there more or use something to pull out the rack. Also, the handle was awkward to use and it was very easy to burn yourself.

babywings76 said:
Yeah, the one that I have that just died had 3 knobs. The top one was to set the oven temperature. The middle one was to set the timer or set it to a "stay on" mode. The lower knob was to set the toaster to light/medium/dark. A couple annoying things about it were that when you open the door, the rack didn't come forward, so you had to reach in there more or use something to pull out the rack. Also, the handle was awkward to use and it was very easy to burn yourself.

There was a time when the majority of the models had a rack that came out when the door was opened. About 4 yrs ago, mine died and I had to get a new one. I couldn't find one that the rack slid out with the door (atleast one that wasn't Convection/Toaster). So, I have had to get used to one that didn't have this feature. It still drives me crazy.

I have a Cuisinart (I think). :)
It is fine, except the rack doesn't come out with the door and the rack heights were weird. It took me a while to figure out how to place the rack at the "right" height to toast properly.
It doesn't toast all that evenly, now that I think about it.

Maybe I should start looking again!

kam said:
I have a Cuisinart (I think). :)
It is fine, except the rack doesn't come out with the door and the rack heights were weird. It took me a while to figure out how to place the rack at the "right" height to toast properly.
It doesn't toast all that evenly, now that I think about it.

Maybe I should start looking again!

I had a fancy digital one from Cuisinart a few years back..a gift from Hammacher Schlemmer...I went through THREE of them in less than a year..they would just not work!! Because of that I just wanted to get a BASIC toaster!! :)

My rack doesn't slide out either...I miss that

I have a black and decker convectionApplica/Black & Decker CT06301 Convection Toaster Oven

I LOVE my toaster oven, it is bigger(a counter hog!), it will fit a frozen pizza, but I use it ALOT.

I went shopping with my medium bar pan and did not quit until I found a toaster oven to fit my pan! Black and Decker at Linnens and Things! LOVE it!!

I love Cuisinart and Kitchenaid brands but mostly Couisinart because for some reason they are a very realible brand.

I love my Black & Decker!

We ended up getting another Black & Decker. It's a little bit bigger than our last one, but it's not the gigantic ones. So far, so good. :)

Related to What Is the Best Toaster Oven for My Kitchen?

1. What is the best toaster oven for everyday use?

The best toaster oven for everyday use would depend on personal preferences and needs. Some popular options among our customers include the Pampered Chef Toaster Oven and the Breville Smart Oven Pro. Both offer a variety of features and settings to suit different cooking needs.

2. Can a toaster oven be used for more than just toasting bread?

Yes, toaster ovens can be used for a variety of cooking tasks such as baking, broiling, and roasting. They are versatile appliances that can handle a wide range of dishes and ingredients, making them a great addition to any kitchen.

3. How do I clean my toaster oven?

To clean your toaster oven, first unplug it and allow it to cool down. Then, remove any crumbs or debris from the interior using a damp cloth or brush. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and scrub the affected areas. Rinse with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly before use.

4. Do I need to preheat a toaster oven before use?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your toaster oven before use, especially for baking or broiling. This ensures that your food cooks evenly and at the desired temperature. Most toaster ovens have a preheat function or indicator to let you know when it has reached the desired temperature.

5. Is a toaster oven more energy-efficient than a regular oven?

Generally, yes, a toaster oven is more energy-efficient than a regular oven. This is because it is smaller and heats up faster, therefore using less energy to cook your food. However, the energy efficiency may vary depending on the specific model and usage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • PamperedMandy2010