• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Incentives Can I Offer the Kids?

In summary, the conversation discusses different ideas for incentives to offer children at an elementary school for selling the most or a certain amount of products in a fundraiser. Suggestions include gift certificates for toy stores, tickets to theme parks or movie theaters, and gift cards for restaurants or fun activities. There is also a discussion on the logistics of shipping and organizing the orders for the fundraiser. Overall, the conversation provides helpful tips and ideas for successful fundraising incentives.
Jenn'sKitchen
Gold Member
What type of incentives can offer kids at an elementary school for selling the most or a certain amount of products? A Toy Store Gift certificate, Pre made basket of toys, a game boy, anyone have any thoughts and would be reasonable for me to offer? I have never done anything like this but I know when my daughter does fundraisers it is a big thing about what she will get for selling for the school. Any thoughts on what amounts and what prizes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

I am actually doing a fundraiser now. I did two contests, 1 for the most in guest sales. 1 for the most in cookware sales. I am really aiming for the free cookware. I am giving away $25 gift certificates for each prize.. to the store of their choice. They may choose the mall, or walmart.. It doesn't matter to me.. Good luck!!

Try this....I am doing a fundraiser next school year for a little league team and I think these are some good incentives for the kids:

1. Toys R Us gift certificates (depending on age - I think this is good up to age 10)

2. Tickets to a theme park

3. Movie theatre gift card

4. Gift card to favorite restaurant

5. We have a miniature park, bumper car, video game type of place and I would get some sort of a gift card there

Depending on total sales overall I would do something like this:
$1000 or more in sales - $25 GC
$2000 or more in sales - $40 GC
$3000 or more in sales - $65 GC
$4000 or more in sales - $80 GC
$5000 or more in sales - Choice of two $50 GC or one $100!!

Also include things like candy, cookies, inexpensive small toys in a gift bag along with their GC. It will seem like more to the child and the parents who actually do all the hard work for their child!!
Debbie

Now, how do they ship for the fundraiser? Does each individual that sells things have there own individual box or do we have to sort through it and find everyone stuff and put it together? What about the shipping charges, is it still the $4.00 or do we charge the higher shipping and send it directly to the person buying? Sorry for all the questions, but once I get this down I will start pushing for the fund raisers. I am in my first SS month so I want to know what I am talking about when I try to sell my pitch.

Shannon

Wonderful ideas, lets keep them coming:D

pamperedmom23 said:
Now, how do they ship for the fundraiser? Does each individual that sells things have there own individual box or do we have to sort through it and find everyone stuff and put it together? What about the shipping charges, is it still the $4.00 or do we charge the higher shipping and send it directly to the person buying? Sorry for all the questions, but once I get this down I will start pushing for the fund raisers. I am in my first SS month so I want to know what I am talking about when I try to sell my pitch.

Shannon
The products are shipped to the organizer or whatever address you put on the order, just like any show. Shipping is the same as any other show $4 or direct shipping rates if they want it sent to their own home.

I offer to have the order shipped to me or, if they want it sent to them, I offer to help sort when it comes in.

The organizer gets to purchase the monthly host special if she wants - a thank you for her extra work. She does not get any of the other host benefits because they are transferred to the $$ for the organization. She does not get the 10% off for a year either. If the fundraiser was booked off of another show, the host of that show can also buy the monthly host special.

DebbieSAChef said:
I am doing a fundraiser next school year for a little league team and I think these are some good incentives for the kids:

1. Toys R Us gift certificates (depending on age - I think this is good up to age 10)

2. Tickets to a theme park

3. Movie theatre gift card

4. Gift card to favorite restaurant

5. We have a miniature park, bumper car, video game type of place and I would get some sort of a gift card there

Depending on total sales overall I would do something like this:
$1000 or more in sales - $25 GC
$2000 or more in sales - $40 GC
$3000 or more in sales - $65 GC
$4000 or more in sales - $80 GC
$5000 or more in sales - Choice of two $50 GC or one $100!!

Also include things like candy, cookies, inexpensive small toys in a gift bag along with their GC. It will seem like more to the child and the parents who actually do all the hard work for their child!!
Debbie

Are those figures for individual sales?

How about for every $200 in sales you will add $5 to the fundraiser? If it's for a good cause.... Maybe the parents would be more likely to buy more. :)

1. What types of incentives can I offer my kids?

At Pampered Chef, we believe in providing positive reinforcement and rewards for children. Some examples of incentives you can offer include stickers, small toys or treats, extra screen time, or special privileges like choosing a fun family activity. You can also consider creating a reward chart to track progress and offer bigger prizes for achieving certain goals.

2. Are there any non-tangible incentives I can offer?

Absolutely! While tangible rewards can be effective, there are also non-tangible incentives that can motivate children. These can include praise, extra quality time with a parent, or verbal recognition of their accomplishments. It's important to find what works best for your child and tailor the incentives to their individual needs.

3. How often should I offer incentives to my kids?

The frequency of incentives can vary depending on the child and the behavior you are trying to encourage. Some children may need incentives every day, while others may respond better to weekly or monthly rewards. It's important to find a balance and not rely too heavily on incentives, as children should also be motivated by intrinsic factors.

4. Is it okay to take away incentives if my child misbehaves?

While it's important to hold children accountable for their actions, we recommend avoiding taking away incentives as a form of punishment. This can diminish the positive reinforcement and may discourage good behavior in the future. Instead, focus on natural consequences and redirecting negative behavior towards positive actions.

5. Can incentives become too expensive or unsustainable?

Incentives do not have to be extravagant or costly. Simple and creative rewards can be just as effective. It's also important to establish realistic expectations and only offer incentives that are sustainable for you and your family. Remember, the goal is to create positive habits and behaviors, not to constantly offer rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • cookingmomgb
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies