• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What If... a CS-Only Conference?

In summary, this concept was mentioned in another thread, and I thought it would be fun to play with the idea a little. The idea is for a CS-specific conference where participants would have to have their screen names and avatars printed on their badges, and would have to participate in all the workshops. There would be puns, puns, and more puns, and special workshops for costumes and fruit hats for every occasion.
raebates said:
Sorry, Beth. On the other thread I had you trying valiantly to keep us all in line. My oversight in this one is abhorrent. Please forgive me.

BTW, nice Gilligan's Island reference.
Okay... I'll let is slide this time but only because you're so cute.

Finally, my looks are paying off!

Workshop: Post slut support group

Support group implies there's a problem. Is that a problem?

Only that there's a negative connotation to the word slut. So it'll be support for us to get over that.

chefann said:
Only that there's a negative connotation to the word slut. So it'll be support for us to get over that.

That reminds me of a T-shirt:

You call me a slut like it is a bad thing

Maybe that could be the official t-shirt for this wave.

Workshop: Smilies and you: Making the most of emoticons

I think I need to make a CS shirt with that on it:

You call me Post Slut like it's a bad thing.

But would any of us wear it?

Ooooh, I have another: How to type a resonse without sounding hostile or belittling.

Actually, maybe that should be a workshop at the actual NC.

Why sarcasm doesn't work on the internet

Unless you purposely put it in [sarcasm] tags.

And, yes, I'd wear that t-shirt.

And of course she's here too.

hmmm.... I'll have to add that to my Cafe Press site.

chefann said:
hmmm.... I'll have to add that to my Cafe Press site.
"and of course she's here too"?

no--- the post slut shirt. I had this thread open, got distracted, then typed my reply. In the meantime, you must have posted - which I didn't see until my reply posted.

I'm fairly certain she's talking about the whole post slut thing, but, then again, you never know with Ann.

Hey, we're thinking alike again.

ooohhhh--- scary.

I gotta go. And I'm going to visit a coworker this weekend at her cottage in Canada. So I won't be on here this weekend.

So, Beth, you can rest easy.

For now.

chefann said:
ooohhhh--- scary.

I gotta go. And I'm going to visit a coworker this weekend at her cottage in Canada. So I won't be on here this weekend.

So, Beth, you can rest easy.

For now.
Whew!:cool:

Have fun, Ann. Beth and I will keep things going here. You just go on and forget all about that mean old Thread Killers thread. Just put it right out of your pretty little head.

(Hey, Beth, think that will work? One down, several thousand to go.)

I've been gone all day and just came home to 5 pgs of this. Luckily, I wasn't drinking anything or I'd have "spewed" all over my computer a few times. My DD is looking at me funny but reading the post to her just doesn't translate well :)

My problem with having various workshops is that you might sign up for one you like but by the time it's over....it will be on a totally different subject!! :eek:

So then sign up for one you don't like and hijack it in the middle...

janetupnorth said:
We'd have to start with a moment of silence in honor of all the lurkers... ;)

LOL!!!:rolleyes:

Ok everyone...

who's in wave 2 that wants to meet up with me for drinks??? Or coffee, or whatever???

We need to starting thinking about this. I would love to meet with other CS'ers.

Just catching up for the day...I'm in! Do you think the hotel(s) will give us a CS rate?

chefann said:
Nobody would purchase anything from the vendor- we'd just wait in line to complain about their prices and customer service.

Thank God I could teach the class on "how to not spew on your computer" or this was the post that would have ruined my new lap top.

Thank you Ann!:eek:

chefjeanine said:
Thank God I could teach the class on "how to not spew on your computer" or this was the post that would have ruined my new lap top.

Thank you Ann!:eek:
Seriously! Me too!

T.i.s.a.g.i.!!!!!! ;)

H.F.T.W.B. :p

WTF? Abbreviate your way to success

Yep, I need this one... somedays I'm completely lost... oh wait, maybe that doesn't have anything to do with CS... maybe it is just me...

hoosierchef said:
T.i.s.a.g.i.!!!!!! ;)

H.F.T.W.B. :p

This is such a great idea! How fun this would be.

Did I get it right? Probably not, but the letters work.....Kinda the way I sing songs with the radio :) I do alot of "Lock the Catbox" singing. I drive my family crazy but at least my words fit the beat :)

I spend the day demo-ing a bathroom at my dad's and learning how to use a grim reaper size branch cutting tool (which gave me way to much of a high btw...) and come home to this thread...

how could we not have a thread on computer's crashing or what about one on how to live w/out cs while on vacation.

Of course I think as a gift we should make CDs with all of the documents for everyone. and jilleysue can organize the computer files so when we use the cd it will make sense :)

GeorgiaPeach said:
This is such a great idea! How fun this would be.

Did I get it right? Probably not, but the letters work.....Kinda the way I sing songs with the radio :) I do alot of "Lock the Catbox" singing. I drive my family crazy but at least my words fit the beat :)

Works for me!

Since I am highlighting my ignorance of chat room shorthand, what is DH (when referring to husbands)?:confused:

dear husband

I like my thought better --- deadbeat or d&#@... can you tell I'm frustrated with my DH (ha) today?????

Oh my, you all are crazy! (of course we all knew that.....:p ) I can't believe there's already 6 pages of CS workshop ideas......don't forget we'll need activities for those supportive spouses that roll their eyes when we log on here!

How about to how to best utilize IE7 to have all the new threads open at once and be able to bounce between them all?

One mandatory session should be . . .
Saving Your Family:How to explain CS posts to your family when they find you rolling on the floor laughing, cleaning fluids from you screen and keyboard, etc.

PamperChefCarol said:
Ok everyone...

who's in wave 2 that wants to meet up with me for drinks??? Or coffee, or whatever???

We need to starting thinking about this. I would love to meet with other CS'ers.

Yep, me, too. Just let me know when and where.

More Workshops:

How to wear a thong with style.
(guess we can combine with stripper walking:eek: )

And you thought you were a thread killer.. Ways to keep it alive!

1000 ways to hijack any thread.

Adding disclaimers to your Posts.

Last edited:
Are we going to have Jason lead the one about wearing a thong? I hear he wears his backwards. Not really sure I need an actual visual on that one.

I thought he could be the one to walk across the stage with it on !!

Jason and the leaf guy could be on the cover of our Conference planner.

Just so long as someone has "thong approval" on Jason before he appears. Seriously, the picture in my head is scary enough.BTW, no thongs for me. Trust me. No one wants to see that.

Just so long as someone has "thong approval" on Jason before he appears. Seriously, the picture in my head is scary enough.

BTW, no thongs for me. Trust me. No one wants to see that.

Workshops:

The True Art of Taglining

Searching for files with success

I nominate Rae for the hijacking workshop. She can take a grill press thread and turn it to a bathroom door - open or closed discussion.

Do you think you can stay on topic for a workshop, or will you hijack your own speech, and turn it into something else? (he, he)

Well, I type and talk pretty much the same. I can stay on topic if it's absolutely necessary, but usually my conversations take lots of wild rabbit trails.I graciously accept the nomination. Please let me know if I am awarded this honor/responsiblility. If so, I'll get started on the outline that I will promptly ignore as I begin speaking.

I would have an outline in front of me and ignore it too. My problem would also be that I start a story and turn it into a novel. I go on and on and on and so forth until everyone is tired of listening and then their minds wonder onto somthing else, and meanwhile I am still jabbering about it until I can turn it into something else, at which point I have lost focus and can't remember why I was there talking to begin with.

What point was I trying to make with this post?

I am a master at using 187 words when 3 will do. It's a gift.

<h2>1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?</h2><p>Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.</p><h2>2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.</h2><p>Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.</p><h2>3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).</h2><p>Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.</p><h2>4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.</h2><p>With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.</p><h2>5. Puns, puns, and more puns!</h2><p>CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.</p><h2>Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion</h2><p>This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.</p>

Related to What If... a CS-Only Conference?

1. What would be fun/different/a "must-do" if there was a wave of Conference that was specifically for CS members ONLY?

Some fun and different things that could be incorporated into a CS-only conference could include interactive workshops on popular CS topics such as coding, design, and social media. There could also be a designated "nerd zone" where attendees can play video and board games. A "must-do" could be a roundtable discussion on the future of technology and how CS members can shape it.

2. We'd have to have our screen names on our badges, and preferably with our current avatars printed on them, too.

Having screen names and avatars on badges would be a great way for CS members to recognize and connect with each other in person. It would also add a fun and personalized touch to the conference.

3. OMG! There would be a lot of abbreviated speak (like the commercial on TV with the 'Tween who says everything in Text-speak).

Yes, there would definitely be a lot of abbreviated speak at a CS-only conference. It would be a great opportunity for CS members to geek out and use their tech lingo without worrying about being understood.

4. None of the workshops would be quiet - we'd all have to get our two cents in.

With a room full of CS members, there's bound to be a lot of lively discussion and participation in workshops. It would be a great opportunity for everyone to share their knowledge and ideas with each other.

5. Puns, puns, and more puns!

CS members are known for their clever and creative minds, so a CS-only conference would definitely be filled with puns and jokes related to technology and coding. It would be a fun and entertaining way to bond with other CS members.

Special workshop: costumes and fruit hats for every occasion

This would be a unique and fun workshop where CS members can let their creativity run wild and create costumes and fruit hats for different occasions. It would be a great way to showcase their coding skills and have some fun at the same time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back