• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Extra Items in Orders: A Pampered Chef Experience

When you receive an extra product, verify that it is on the packing list and if not, contact the customer or host and explain the situation. If it is on the packing list, then you may keep the product. If it is not on the packing list, then you should either return the product or send a call tag to pick it up.
emiscookin
...you're sorting out everyone's orders and end up having an extra item?? I helped my host sort out her orders and all the correct items came, PLUS 1 extra mini stainless whisk. Even on the paper that came in the box it said the quantity for the stainless whisk was 1...but we got 2.

What do you do when that happens? I know most of you would say, "SHOOT! KEEP IT!!" which I am very very tempted to, but......my conscience (sp?) gets to me. ;)

I didn't even think to check the customers ACTUAL order form while I was there to see if they ordered 2 and Pampered Chef just messed up in typing the order slips that come in the box. Shoot...well I guess I will hang onto it just in case.

But back to my original question....

I would check the order first. If it is right, then call and be honest. They may tell you to keep it, but leave that up to HO, and not let it be on your conscience.

Go through the show on P3 and make sure you didn't miss giving one out. If it's extra then call HO. They will let you keep it I am quite sure but it's always best to tell them. If they want an item back they'll send a call slip for it so it's no cost to you but I have never had them want a small item like that back.

call the solution center and tell them. they'll tell you what to do with it.

I checked the order and the customer only ordered 1. So, PC accidentally threw an extra one in there. I will definitely call HO. I don't believe in not being honest. Thanks ladies! :)
If anyone else wants to comment or share an experience, please do! :D

Don't call HO - just do the adjustment online. So much easier, and you'll get an email telling you to either keep it, or that they will send a call tag to pick it up. chances are they will tell you to keep it.

I had the same thing happen recently...they sent the decorator bottles but missed a different small item. They told me to let the host keep the decorator bottles and they'd send out the missing item.

I feel like if something were missing, I'd call them, and they'd make it right, so turnabout is fair play. If they send an extra, I'll let them know. If they let me keep it, great, it's a prize. Otherwise, happy to send it backMarghi

I agree with everyone's assessment - let them know. And Becky's right on, do it online, very easy and you don't have to wait on the phone for a live person.I've never had them tell me to send an extra item back. Matter of fact, I still have an extra lid to a large microcooker from my very first show.....anyone need it? :D

I'm the same way. I would never be able to sleep if I didn't let the HO know. I don't know that they've ever requested the item returned. It's almost always some small item. It would cost more for them to pay for it to go back to the HO than it would be worth.

I had a host receive 6 or 7 extras once--I called HO and they were issuing a return/pick up. I thought the host should get something for her inconvenience, and they let her keep a can opener.

I had a host receive the wrong item. She ordered an egg slicer and they sent an egg separator instead. I called HO and the woman who I spoke with appreciated me being honest by saying I received something else instead. She said to keep it and they'd send out the proper item to my host asap. Always best to be honest and forthright.

I try not to call HO. If i have an extra or missing item i submit it online (or any other adjustment that i can do online). Usually if its a 5-8 dollar thing they let me or the host keep it. I remember one time there was 2 extra garlic slicer. My host got to keep both extra and she gave them away for christmas.
Sometime when i do call HO, i have 2-3 things to check or fix or have several questions. For an adjustment i try not to keep the line busy, i remember how it feels to be waiting for a long time on hold.

I thought I'd post this - it's straight from the Consultant Policy Guide, and tells you exactly how to handle the situation when you get an extra product in an order. (this is what I do, too)

Extra Product
• Verify if the item received is on the packing list. The
Solution Center will need to know this information
when processing the adjustment.
• Verify the product number and description of the item
received.
• Use our Product Adjustment online application (on
Consultant’s Corner under Frequently Visited Links),
call the Solution Center, or e-mail us at
[email protected] to report
the request.
• Provide your address or your host’s address for the
incorrect item(s) to be returned.
• Always retain the reference number (this is your
authorization) and print this number on the outside
carton of the merchandise being returned.
• If there are any changes to the adjustment after the
original request (address, product, etc.), notify the
Solution Center to ensure accurate return processing.

What Happens When I Host a Virtual Cooking Party?

When you host a virtual cooking party with Pampered Chef, you will get to connect with your friends and family from the comfort of your own home. Our consultant will guide you through a fun and interactive cooking demonstration, and you and your guests will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn new recipes.

What Happens When I Attend a Pampered Chef Cooking Show?

When you attend a Pampered Chef cooking show, you will get to see our products in action and learn new cooking techniques and recipes from our experienced consultant. You will also have the opportunity to try out our products and ask any questions you may have.

What Happens When I Join Pampered Chef as a Consultant?

When you join Pampered Chef as a consultant, you will become a part of our supportive and passionate community. You will have the opportunity to earn income through hosting cooking shows and selling our high-quality products, as well as receive training and support to help you succeed.

What Happens When I Place an Order with Pampered Chef?

When you place an order with Pampered Chef, you can expect to receive high-quality, durable products that are backed by our satisfaction guarantee. Our products are shipped directly to your doorstep, and you can track your order through our website. Plus, with our host and customer specials, you can save money on your order.

What Happens When I Join Pampered Chef's Preferred Customer Program?

When you join Pampered Chef's Preferred Customer Program, you will receive exclusive discounts and special offers on our products. You will also have the opportunity to earn free products and receive early access to new products. Plus, you can easily manage your account and orders through our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dancedivine
  • LibrarianChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • nldavis321