• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Party - Are My Warranties Valid?

In summary, it is a law that when someone purchases goods from you, you must provide a receipt. However, if you are buying something using a credit/debit card, the specific laws pertaining to those types of purchases are on the back of the PC receipt. Additionally, if you are hosting a show and are not giving out receipts, it is a good idea to print out duplicates and have them on hand in case customers need them. Lastly, be aware that there are times when you may not be available to provide a receipt to your customers.
dancedivine
Hey, guys!

I had a huge Pampered Chef party prior to becoming a consultant, so I got a lot of my Pampered Chef items at great prices. However, I am concerned about my warranties on the items because I was never given any kind of receipt by the consultant. All that I have are the packing slips from the boxes. Can I just make my own carbon copied receipt with one of my blank ones (and write in the consultant's information, etc)? Or, is there a way home office looks up orders when customers don't have receipts?

Thanks!

Your Consultant should have your receipt. I have a copy of each customer's receipt in my file. That way if they "lose" theirs, I have one for them. I am always amazed at the number of people who have no receipt for their products. I would ask your consultant if she could print you duplicates...

You don't "need" the receipt. PC can look up the info. I've done that several times b/c MOST people don't keep them. I don't keep copies of my customers since they are in the computer and can be reprinted if needed.

Generally speaking, the HO can handle things as long as you know the name of the host. Since that was you, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the info!

In my almost 3 years with PC I have never sent the receipt in with the return.

I no longer give them out either. My customers call me if there is a problem and if I ever need to I will print the receipt when needed. I have been doing this for over a year and I have rarely had anyone want a receipt. And if they do want one I print it out and give it to them.

Just to be clear about receipts:

It is a law that when someone purchases goods from you, you must provide a receipt. This is especially important when they purchase using a credit/debit card. There are specific laws pertaining to credit purchases, and being able to cancel the order within a certain time frame, and that info is on the back of the PC receipts.

I used to only use OOF for shows, but have gone back to using the 3 ply order forms, and handing every person a receipt when I total their order. I think it makes me look more like a professional business woman, and it's more assuring for my customers to leave with a receipt in hand.

I also tell them that if for any reason, they ever lose a receipt and are in need of one, I can provide a copy for them.

I give a receipt to everyone, with the exception of regular customers who ask me to throw an item on a show whenever it's needed. Often I gather those together and do one order for two or three so they can divide the direct shipping to my house. In those cases the people know me well enough (and I know them well enough) to be sure they'll call me if there's a problem.

I always give receipts too - but I am someone who always wants one myself when I go to shows.

Let me explain (I know this is anal). I am very organized and have a folder for receipts (Pampered Chef all go in one folder, Longaberger in another, etc). (In fact, I still have my very first PC receipt!) Sometimes I need my receipt other than for a return.

With Longaberger, sometimes I order only a basket and will get the protector or liner at a later point. The receipt provides me with info I can go back to and figure out what basket I ordered so I can purchase add'l pieces to go with it. And I sometimes really don't want to call the consultant just to find that out, esp if I am not ordering from her.

I can't tell you how many times customers ask me what size they ordered. "Do I have the large or medium bar pan?"

Also, I had a PC show in 2004 and in 2007 could not locate the consultant. The phone number was out of service and I could not find her. So, just because I THINK I will always be here for my customers, does not mean it will actually happen.

OH! I ordered some candles from Party Lite, LOVED the scent, but did not get a receipt. The candles have now been used and I do not know what scent I bought. So now if I am ever asked about ordering, I won't know what scent I liked to order more.

So I am always the PITA guest who asks for receipts!

What is a Pampered Chef Party?

A Pampered Chef Party is a cooking demonstration and sales event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. The consultant will showcase Pampered Chef products and share recipes and cooking tips while guests have the opportunity to purchase items.

Do I need to attend a party to purchase Pampered Chef products?

No, you can also purchase Pampered Chef products directly from the company's website or through a consultant outside of a party. However, attending a party allows you to see the products in action and ask any questions you may have.

Are my warranties still valid if I purchase products at a Pampered Chef Party?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products purchased through a consultant or at a party are covered by the company's standard warranty. This includes a one-year guarantee for defects in materials or workmanship. You can contact customer service for any warranty claims.

Can I return or exchange products purchased at a Pampered Chef Party?

Yes, you can return or exchange any unused and unopened products purchased at a Pampered Chef Party within 30 days of the purchase date. Simply contact the consultant who hosted the party or customer service for assistance.

Is there a minimum purchase requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef Party?

No, there is no minimum purchase requirement for hosting a Pampered Chef Party. However, the more products that are sold at the party, the more rewards and discounts the host can receive. Contact a consultant for more information on hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • Senkimekia