• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Exactly Are Tempting Tapas All About?

In summary, tapas are small, savory dishes that are popular in Spanish cuisine as appetizers or snacks. They can include a variety of ingredients and there are many different recipes to try. One simple recipe for patatas bravas is provided, but there are many other options to choose from. Best of luck with your show!
heat123
Silver Member
I am new and a host is interested in tempting tapas as part of the Desperate houswives show. What are they and are there recipes anyone can share?

thanks!

The Savory Cheese Crostini recipe is in the Fall/Winter Season's Best (p4), and with it, there are 3 of the 4 toppings.. (The 4th is the Garlic Shrimp topping, which I copied for you). I transferred the "Quick Tips" information from my TEMPTING TAPAS TRAINING BOOKLET for you too. The rest of the booklet is just instructions on how to make the crostinis (which is the same as the directions in the SB) and some tips on how to cross-sell items. If you want that information, I can copy it over for you as well, just let me know. Also, if the attachment doesn't work for you, I can post it for you in PDF format.

Best of luck with your show, and let us know how it goes!

God bless,
Amanda

Attachments

• tempting tapas.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 284
Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Tapas are small, savory dishes that are typically served as appetizers or snacks in Spanish cuisine. They can include a variety of ingredients such as olives, cured meats, cheeses, seafood, and vegetables. Some popular tapas dishes include patatas bravas (fried potatoes with spicy tomato sauce), croquetas (fried croquettes filled with ham or cheese), and tortilla española (potato and onion omelette). As for recipes, there are many different variations and it really depends on your personal taste. However, here's a simple recipe for patatas bravas that you can try:Ingredients:
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for fryingInstructions:
1. Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and fry until they are golden and crispy. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté the onion and garlic until they are soft and translucent.
3. Add the can of diced tomatoes, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes until it thickens.
4. Add the fried potatoes to the pan and mix them with the tomato sauce. Let it cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Serve hot as a delicious tapas dish.Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or need more recipe ideas. Enjoy your tapas night!

1. What are tapas?

Tapas are a traditional Spanish style of small, savory dishes that are typically served as appetizers or snacks. They can vary in ingredients and flavors, but are meant to be shared and enjoyed with others.

2. Are tapas only from Spain?

While tapas originated in Spain, the concept of small, shareable dishes has been adopted by many different cultures and cuisines around the world. You can find tapas-style dishes in countries such as Portugal, Greece, and even in American cuisine.

3. What is the purpose of tapas?

Tapas are meant to be enjoyed as a social experience, where friends and family gather to share a variety of small dishes and conversation. It allows for a more relaxed and communal dining experience.

4. What types of ingredients are used in tapas?

Tapas can include a wide range of ingredients, such as meats, seafood, vegetables, cheeses, and bread. They often feature bold flavors and can be served hot or cold.

5. Can tapas be a full meal?

While tapas are traditionally served as appetizers or snacks, they can also be combined to create a full meal. This allows for a diverse and customizable dining experience, where individuals can choose their favorite tapas to create their own unique meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MSmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
powelljj
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies