• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Think of the Mini Whipper?

In summary, the Mini Whipper didn't work well for whipping chocolate milk and the bottom coil is the same size as the bottom of the glasses used, so it didn't produce a swirling, mixing motion.
emiscookin
I bought the Mini Whipper not too long ago and I used it once...and was not impressed.

The reason: First I thought the whip part on the bottom was quite big, bigger than I thought it would be. I have tall, skinny glasses and the bottom part (coil) is the same size as the bottom of my glasses! How is that supposed to "whip" your chocolate milk up? I'll tell ya...it just didn't work, I couldn't get the chocolate to mix with the milk. So, I just used a regular spoon and that did the trick. (FYI: I was using Nesquick ;) ) I was bummed because I choose a spoon to mix my chocolate milk over a PC product!

Is it just meant more for smoothies and stuff, where you have thicker things in it that need to be whipped? But even if that's the case, the bottom coil is still the same size as my glasses and so it doesn't produce a swirling, mixing motion. Does that make sense? I really feel they need to redo the Mini Whipper and make the bottom coil smaller. What do ya'll think?

I think the issue is the particular glasses you are trying to use it in.

I LOVE the mini-whisk! I mix 1 egg or whip egg white (or yolk) for a pastry wash, I mix hot chocolate with it. Lots of other uses where a small whip is perfect.

I love it and use it more often than my stainless whisk.

Instead of trying to "swirl" it in your tall glass, try and up and down motion. Should mix that Quik right up.

chefa said:
Instead of trying to "swirl" it in your tall glass, try and up and down motion. Should mix that Quik right up.

Hmm, I didn't think of that one. Kinda like our Quick-Stir Pitcher motion!! ;) Thanks for suggesting that. I will have to try it.

Also I didn't think of using it to whip eggs too. I'm such a dork! :p

It's great for mixing condensed tomato soup and milk, too

I use my whip for chocolate milk all the time (I drink LOTS of chocolate milk). I usually drink from a Dots Coffee & More Mug or a Dots Beverage Glass - both of which have large enough areas in which to mix.It's also great for, besides the other suggestions, mixing salad dressing.

I use mine for mashing bananas. :D I make pancake batter, add 2 mashed bananas and mini chocolate chips in. Everyone loves them, so I make them a few times a month. Using the mini whipper with the bananas in the small batter bowl is a great way to do it. The kids help me, too, and fight over whose turn it is to mash.

I keep two of them in my turnabout so I've got one in case the other hasn't been washed. Mine is used primarily for mixing Ovaltine. Do you ever use Carnation Instant Breakfast? It works very well for that, too. It also works for Jell-O but I've never used it on eggs. (I've also got an assortment of whisks in my turnabout.)Sorry, Sarah, but no one drinks more chocolate milk than I do - the Ovaltine is kept on hand for when I empty (yet another) gallon of chocolate milk.

I'm embarrassed to say I have quite a few of them (door prizes) and have NEVER used them after 6 years with PC. I don't drink chocolate milk and find myself just grabbing the mini whisk...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I keep two of them in my turnabout so I've got one in case the other hasn't been washed. Mine is used primarily for mixing Ovaltine. Do you ever use Carnation Instant Breakfast? It works very well for that, too. It also works for Jell-O but I've never used it on eggs. (I've also got an assortment of whisks in my turnabout.)

Sorry, Sarah, but no one drinks more chocolate milk than I do - the Ovaltine is kept on hand for when I empty (yet another) gallon of chocolate milk.

I'd try to argue with you KG, but I'm just thrilled another adult loves chocolate milk as much as I do. We have an ice cream shop which opened a few months ago with ice cream made fresh from the milk produced by their own cows. They also sell glass bottles of milk, including chocolate milk!! Soooo thick and yummy!! But, I have the Hershey's syrup on hand, too, because a gallon of Moo-thru chocolate milk might last a day in our house! And, I'm not the only one drinking it.

Whenever I go out and see another adult enjoying chocolate milk in public, it always makes me smile. Now, if I could just convince everyone that Coke and chocolate milk together is a delicious treat . . .

kcjodih said:
I'm embarrassed to say I have quite a few of them (door prizes) and have NEVER used them after 6 years with PC. I don't drink chocolate milk and find myself just grabbing the mini whisk...

Funny, I grab the mini-whipper and forget abut the mini whisk. lol

pampchefsarah said:
I'd try to argue with you KG, but I'm just thrilled another adult loves chocolate milk as much as I do. We have an ice cream shop which opened a few months ago with ice cream made fresh from the milk produced by their own cows. They also sell glass bottles of milk, including chocolate milk!! Soooo thick and yummy!! But, I have the Hershey's syrup on hand, too, because a gallon of Moo-thru chocolate milk might last a day in our house! And, I'm not the only one drinking it.

Whenever I go out and see another adult enjoying chocolate milk in public, it always makes me smile. Now, if I could just convince everyone that Coke and chocolate milk together is a delicious treat . . .

Brief Hijack Alert!

No argument - I'm the only one in the house that drinks chocolate milk - The Kat Lady leaves my supply alone. I drink more than two gallons of the stuff every week.

My taste buds got screwed up a dozen years ago (you can read a little bit about why http://www.canceradvocacynow.org/goto/thekitchnguy) and things just don't taste quite right anymore. I've always liked milk, no, I've always loved milk, and it's one of the few things I have left that tastes right to me.

End Brief Hijack

babywings76 said:
I use mine for mashing bananas. :D I make pancake batter, add 2 mashed bananas and mini chocolate chips in. Everyone loves them, so I make them a few times a month. Using the mini whipper with the bananas in the small batter bowl is a great way to do it. The kids help me, too, and fight over whose turn it is to mash.
WoW...when I used mine for something w/a thickness like what you mention it came uncoiled! I thought I broke it and threw it away. Another consultant later told me all I had to do was rehook the coil. I always use it for chocolate milk and anything thin that needs mixed....I stay away from thick mixing.

I use mine everyday to mix my daughter's Carnation Instant Breakfast.. I love it!

I have a set of stainless pans, not PCs, and the pots are straight sided. It works great for getting into that "tight corner" for mixing sauces and soups. Love it! Oh and it is fine enough so it does not scratch the pans at all!

I use mine to mix the choc milk in my son's thermos. Works like a charm!

1. What is the Mini Whipper used for?

The Mini Whipper is a handheld kitchen tool that is used for whipping small amounts of ingredients, such as cream, eggs, dressings, and sauces. It is great for creating light and fluffy textures.

2. Is the Mini Whipper easy to use?

Yes, the Mini Whipper is very easy to use. It has a compact design with a comfortable grip, making it easy to hold and maneuver. It also has a simple push-down mechanism that makes whipping ingredients a breeze.

3. Is the Mini Whipper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mini Whipper is dishwasher safe. It is made of stainless steel and can be placed on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. Can the Mini Whipper be used for hot ingredients?

Yes, the Mini Whipper is heat resistant and can be used for both hot and cold ingredients. However, it is not recommended to use it with extremely hot liquids, as it may cause damage to the tool.

5. How durable is the Mini Whipper?

The Mini Whipper is made of high-quality materials and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. With proper care and use, it can last for years in your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies
Views
D_Patel
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies