• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do With the Silver Packing Foam Pieces?

In summary, those of you who have your shows shipped to yourself- you might want to try to compact them down or to let the air out so they don't smell like farts. You could also give them as holiday gifts to your friends.
gilliandanielle
For those of you who have your shows shipped to yourself- what on earth do you do with all those foam things?? I try to compact them down, but they don't get much smaller and when you try to let the air out it smells like farts!! I cleaned out my office yesterday, and I have at least 10 huge PC boxes filled with foamies. I don't know what to do with them!

Any ideas??

Lmao
gilliandanielle said:
For those of you who have your shows shipped to yourself- what on earth do you do with all those foam things?? I try to compact them down, but they don't get much smaller and when you try to let the air out it smells like farts!! I cleaned out my office yesterday, and I have at least 10 huge PC boxes filled with foamies. I don't know what to do with them!

Any ideas??
\
I finally figured out your abbrev, and everytime I read your posts, i do it!!

LMAO!!

I JUST PITCH THEM OR THROW IN TRASH :(

I get maybe 5-10 each week, and only have one rolling trash can. I could fill my whole can up each week with them, but not get any of my real trash out! I don't want to upgrade my trash service just because of these. I wish they used the air pockets instead!!

gilliandanielle said:
I get maybe 5-10 each week, and only have one rolling trash can. I could fill my whole can up each week with them, but not get any of my real trash out! I don't want to upgrade my trash service just because of these. I wish they used the air pockets instead!!

I put mine on the floor & CAREFULLY step on them. Flattens them pretty good. So just throw a couple each time.;)

I have Science camps each summer where we make contraptions to keep eggs safe in Egg Wars. These foam thingies really work well for supplies! Why not ask a Middle or High School Science or art department if they need them.

I give them to my ex-husband. His business does a lot of shipping so they can re-use them. Maybe you can find a local business that does a lot of shipping and give them to that business? Maybe a local UPS pr Pack-Mail store?

dannyzmom said:
I give them to my ex-husband. His business does a lot of shipping so they can re-use them. Maybe you can find a local business that does a lot of shipping and give them to that business? Maybe a local UPS pr Pack-Mail store?
I'd love to fill my ex's garage with those things but I fear she'd figure out where they came from.

Getting a divorce just to be able to get rid of the foamies doesn't seem like a good idea at first glance, but then again, if you get a whole of PC shipments every week...

:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'd love to fill my ex's garage with those things but I fear she'd figure out where they came from.

Getting a divorce just to be able to get rid of the foamies doesn't seem like a good idea at first glance, but then again, if you get a whole of PC shipments every week...

LOLOLOL

I had thought about the UPS store, but I didn't want them to think I was nuts!! I have tried to flatten them, but my 120 lbs just doesn't do much even when jumping up and down!! I guess when I get bigger I will do more damage, LOL! I wish someone could just come by every week and pick them up!! Maybe Mr. Brown wants to take them back when he brings new packages, LOL!

You could ship them back to HO with a note that says thought you could use these. LOL But HO is on my list these days.

You could make a nice art project out of them. How about a play house for your child when it is born?

Seriously though I just throw them in the garbage. If you are accumulating so many of them would your neighbors mind if you put a couple in their garbage can every week?

I throw them out.

We have the rolling carts too, but they'll also take a big garbage bag or a box full of trash as well if you set it out beside the can. Won't your service do that?

Give them as holiday gifts. Wrap everyone's gifts in really large boxes with the packing material. :p

You crack me up! I give them to my husband to toss. He already smells like farts.

Last time my 5 year old nephew was at my house he said "we sure do a lot of burpin and a tootin". Now I can just blame it on the silver foam!

AJPratt said:
You crack me up! I give them to my husband to toss. He already smells like farts.
Ann, I cracked up when I read that. You better start being nicer to that hubby of yours, lol.

AJPratt said:
What TPC recipes are you using?

I want to use them - or avoid them as the case may be.

Oh KG!!

Am I the only one that pops the plastic and thinks they smell gross?? I am extra sensitive these days...

Today I went to Wal-mart to finish some Christmas shopping and wanted to pick up some candles to make my house smell Christmas-y. I saw one that was Hazelnut something and took a whiff. It instantly sent me into a nasty tummy bubbling fit that I eventually got over after going to the other end of the store. I put my kids and purchases in the car and started driving home. I only made it about two miles before pulling over in a bar parking lot and puking everywhere. It wasn't my proudest moment, but I am probably not the first person to barf there at least!!

We used to get those silver packing things but lately the boxes have been coming stuffed with tons of brown paper instead. Much easier to get rid of...we burn it in the woodstove!

Am I the only one getting paper instead of foam??

gilliandanielle said:
I only made it about two miles before pulling over in a bar parking lot and puking everywhere.
At least you pulled into a bar parking lot. It's nothing unusual there!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
At least you pulled into a bar parking lot. It's nothing unusual there!
I agree, I figured that's the reason she picked that parking lot, lol.

Everyone is soo funny. I just throw them in the trash. We have a big dumster so it works. Once my dog got a hold of one and tried to rip it to shreds. My boys also like to play with them but they really like the bubble wrap. I should mention to my son's teacher about maybe doing something with them for a science project.

OH MY GOD!!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!:D :D :D

You guys ARE SO FUNNY!!!!!! My husband smells like farts too. Thats why he takes them out to the trash:D :D :D LMAO!!!!

Bexs50 said:

I got an order with two boxes today. One came with the foam & one came with the brown paper.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I got an order with two boxes today. One came with the foam & one came with the brown paper.
So one order came from TPC and the other one with plain brown paper came from...

:eek:

(Do they have a web site I can order from, too?)

nope
Bexs50 said:
I have never gotten the foam... I guess I should count myself fortunate???

Speaking of http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=1, here's a cartoon called http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=105.WARNING! This cartoon is not for children or political correctness wonks who can't take a joke.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Speaking of http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=1, here's a cartoon called http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=105.

WARNING! This cartoon is not for children or political correctness wonks who can't take a joke.
OMG KG, that cracked me up!!! I need to go to bed but I have to quit laughing and settle back down now, see what you did.

Don't watch the other ones, then, especially http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/index.php?id=124 about ordering coffee at Starschmucks Coffee. If the caffein doesn't keep you awake, the laughter will!

I will have to start from the beginning this long weekend, especially since we aren't having our dinners until Saturday and Sunday. I am going to come home from work tomorrow and sleep my heart out, then I may start in Turkeyday, lol.

Turkey will do that for you. ;) Sleep, that is.

I wish they used more recyclable material. I can recycle the boxes & the brown paper here in my city, but not those funky things. I've been saving them (only have a few) for when I have to ship things out myself.

THAT'S the ticket! Ship out Christmas gifts using it for packing and make your relatives figure out what to do with it!

Do you have a friend or family member who owns a business that ships items. I take mine to my husbands place of business and they reuse the silver packing things. Good for the enviroment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • apriljc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thechefofnorthbend
  • akrebecca