• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Motivating a Host Who Won't Respond - What to Do?!

Have you talked to her on the phone lately? Or is she not even answering?No, I've only been trying to get her on the phone since she booked her show. She's not answering. I was very clear with her when she booked her show that I needed the guest list within a few days if she wanted to have her show in February, and she was very understanding about that...I've left messages for her to call, but no response...I'll try again tonight and see if she'll answer, otherwise I might just leave a message that I've had to turn people down for February because it's booked and if I don't hear back from her, I'll
jenne
I have a host who is supposed to have her show on Feb 22. I haven't gotten her guest list yet, and have tried to contact her a couple times with no response. She was very excited about having a show and the lady she booked from had an AMAZING show...so I know she wants this show, and I know her past host is VERY excited about getting 2 items at 60% off on top of the $240 she already earned in FPV...but I've never dealt with a host who doesn't get back to me and I'm not sure what to do...I don't want to get too forceful, but I want those invitations out SOON!....what are some good words I can use on her answering machine to get this host motivated to call me back!?!? Help!

Tell her if you don't get her list you will be offering the date to other hosts so you are not unemployed that night.

Have you talked to her on the phone lately? Or is she not even answering?

she's not even answering....I was very clear with her when she booked her show that I needed the guest list within a few days if she wanted to have her show in February, and she was very understanding about that...I've left messages for her to call, but no response...I'll try again tonight and see if she'll answer, otherwise I might just leave a message that I've had to turn people down for February because it's booked and if I don't hear back from her, I'll have to open her date up to one of those who wanted the February special. It's the first time I've had to deal with this with a cooking show...I had a catalog show host go MIA, but that wasn't as big a deal to me...

Last edited:
My director offered this idea to me: either leave her a message that says something like "Since its my job to call you, I'll be calling until we connect" Or leave her a message that says something like if you call me within X amount of time, i'll send you a free gift". Im having the same issue with one of my hosts and right now im trying the first option. We'll see! I hope this helps.

Do you have her email address? Send an email, with return receipt. That way you will know the emal was at least displayed on the screen by someone.In the past, with a non-PC product, I sent a registered letter, nicely noting that I hope everything is going well, hadn't been able to contact you.Turned out there was a disaster out of state, my contact had gone to help. We rebooked :)Try the suggestions of others above, too. With all good wishes!

I agree, especially if you have people wanting that date. I'm just starting to send out my invites for shows starting in March. I use colored sticky notes in my calendar. I figure I'll mark them down on the calendar with the pink sticky as a "reserved" date and then change it to green as soon as I get their guest list as an actual date.

How long ago did you book her?

Do you have her email address? Send an email, with return receipt. That way you will know the emal was at least displayed on the screen by someone.

In the past, with a non-PC product line , I sent a registered letter, nicely noting that I hope everything is going well, hadn't been able to contact you, etc etc.

Turned out there was a disaster out of state, my contact had gone to help. We rescheduled.

Try the suggestions of others above, too. Hope it works out well for you!

With all good wishes!

Get the past host involved. Tell her you are having a hard time reaching the new host and you might need to rebook that date so you're not unemployed that night. If the past host is excited about the past host special, she will help.

I booked the show with her on Jan. 30th...she doesn't have e-mail, or cell phone, so evenings are the only time she can be reached....I've tried around 6:30 a couple nights, but maybe she's annoyed cause they are eating (I wouldn't blame her :) ) so maybe I'll try a bit later tonight...she's gotta be home to go to bed in order to work the next day, right?!?! :D

I usually make my calls between 7 and 9. Too early and you catch people eating dinner, too late and they are getting kids or themselves ready for bed. If you consistantly call at the same time and she's not available, I would call at a different time.

1. How can I motivate a host who is not responding to my messages and calls?

First, try to determine the reason for their lack of response. Maybe they are busy or going through a difficult time. Be understanding and give them some space. If that doesn't work, try sending a personalized message, offering a small incentive, or asking for their input on the party theme or menu. Sometimes, a personal touch can make a big difference.

2. What if the host is not interested in hosting a party anymore?

If the host has lost interest in hosting a party, you can try to find out why. If it's due to financial concerns, you can offer to host a virtual party or a smaller gathering with fewer guests. If they are just not interested, thank them for considering and politely ask if they know anyone who may be interested in hosting a party.

3. How do I encourage the host to follow through with their party commitments?

Remind the host of the benefits they will receive for hosting a successful party, such as free products and discounts. Also, provide them with helpful tools and resources to make the planning process easier. Regularly check in with them and offer your support and guidance to ensure they feel confident and motivated to follow through with their commitments.

4. What if the host is not responding to my messages and calls even after multiple attempts?

If the host is not responding to your messages and calls after multiple attempts, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential hosts. However, before giving up completely, try reaching out through a different method, such as social media or a handwritten note. If you still don't receive a response, it's best to respect their decision and move on.

5. How can I prevent this issue from happening in the future?

To prevent this issue from happening in the future, make sure to communicate clearly and consistently with your hosts. Set expectations from the beginning and provide them with all the necessary information and resources to help them succeed. Additionally, make sure to follow up with your hosts regularly and be available to address any concerns or questions they may have throughout the planning process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckysuem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Suzyengl