• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What decorations should I use for an Orange, Black, and White wedding?

In summary, the bride is getting married in orange, black, and white and she is at a loss for what to get for her bridal shower. People usually take decorations for a bridal shower and the bride is at a loss for what to get. She likes the idea of flowers and pumpkins matching the wedding colors, but she would also like to do just the flowers. If pumpkin is part of the theme, she would do pumpkins.
nicki25
Silver Member
I am doing a bridal shower next week for a girl getting married in Oct. and the wedding will be orange, black & white. I always take decorations for my table for a bridal shower and I am at a loss for what to get this time. I also normally make indiviual flowers in the wedding colors to put the brides wish list on so I can pass the flowers around and people can take the one they want to and then add a note to the back. Should I do orange flowers or pumpkins this time?? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I like the idea of the flowers and pumpkins. But you could probably still do just the flowers. If you have a Michael's near by they have about 17 different looking flowers in about 700 colors. okay...slight exaggeration, but they have a huge selection.
I think it is awesome that you try to match their wedding colors, what a great idea and so personal to them!!

My sister had a Halloween wedding and they asked everyone to dress up at the reception...my daughter the flower girl became a princess and my mom wore cats ears and a tail...I didn't dress any different...I came as a bridesmaid. I am just not the dress-up in a costume type, her in-laws came as Mr & Mrs Claus...

Unless you know that pumpkins or Halloween is the theme of the wedding, I'd stick with flowers.

Around these parts, an orange wedding might mean they're just Vols fans.

how do you handle showers? espeically check out?

IAmChefJ said:
Around these parts, an orange wedding might mean they're just Vols fans.

That's right....my best friend's wedding was orange & white, as well as her nursery, because they are big Vols fans!

christy_c said:
That's right....my best friend's wedding was orange & white, as well as her nursery, because they are big Vols fans!

Thats funny our son's nursery is done in Ohio State!
Sorry for the hijack!

I would maybe do fall colors and tie in the black with ribbon. If you wanted to you could add in pumpkins. They would look cute in orange tone mums!

If pumpkins are part of their theme, then I would think you could do pumpkins!

I was married in October (9 yrs this year!) and Our colors were purple and cream - but with fall accents. Our centerpieces were Baskets decorated with leaves and fall vines, and filled with Mini pumpkins & gourds, and bags of a Fall Candy mix - Candy Corn, Candy Pumpkins, Peanuts, and M&M's in Fall Colors.

pampered.chris said:
My sister had a Halloween wedding and they asked everyone to dress up at the reception...my daughter the flower girl became a princess and my mom wore cats ears and a tail...I didn't dress any different...I came as a bridesmaid. I am just not the dress-up in a costume type, her in-laws came as Mr & Mrs Claus...

HIJACK. thats totally hilarious. i love it.

My Hubby and i were married Oct. 23 and we did Halloween theme. Just ask! The cake was supposed to Halloweeny but was no where near. I'm sorry a normal wedding cake with 2 fondant ghosts on it not halloweeny.

You can do a lot with just white Simple Additions - some confetti and ribbon. Keep it simple - you're not doing flowers or decorations for the wedding, just enhancing a bridal event. Keep it about PC, where the couple has fun - not about fitting precisely into some mold or format. The thought of craigslist in various communities that have orange/black teams comes to mind for unique small enhancement items. Good luck!

About the Vols thing...my hubby went to UT when Peyton Manning was there...Peyton was a year ahead of DH. Anyway, they got to know each other fairly well because they were always seated next to one another in banquets. So, DH asked him to autograph some things for a friend that was doing her nursery in UT (a whole garbage bag full!). Peyton was very nice about it and autographed everything! He thought that it was great that they were such huge fans! Of course, it was his senior year and they lived in Knoxville so what did he expect? Did the dumby, hubby not Peyton, get anything for himself? NO! We weren't dating at the time so I couldn't talk some sense into him! He doesn't like sports and didn't care but my brother-in-law is sick over it to this day!! Not only is he a huge fan but the nursery for their first 2 children was UT and it was during the same time period!!

Back to the shower! I would ask about the pumkins. I love fall decorations so, if it were me, I would want to do them! I think that the flowers and pumkins to be passed around would be great! And candy corn in tiny treat bags could serve as giveaways and decorations.
I always swore that I would do a fall wedding and I wanted a very casual reception with hay rides for the kids. I wanted a fire to roast hot dogs and marshmellow. That kind of thing just brings back so many memories of childhood and I love it!! But it didn't work out that way. We actually had a VERY formal wedding and reception!

I have been to an October wedding where they had pumpkins as the vases for flowers. They were gorgeous! They had some orange and some cream colored pumpkins hollowed out with beautiful flower/fall arragements in them

small hijack here........I got married Oct 19 and it never even occurred to me to use Halloween or fall as a "theme". Duh!! My colors were navy and ivory and we had our reception at the Ballpark where the Texas Rangers play and had a baseball themed reception (it was very elegant though).

I think I agree with Scott, I would keep it simple with SA pieces and use confetti or candles, etc.

1. How can I incorporate the color orange into my wedding menu?

At Pampered Chef, we have a variety of tools and recipes that can help you add pops of orange to your wedding menu. From our refreshing Orange Creamsicle Mocktail to our Orange Cranberry Scones, we have plenty of options to add a touch of orange to your special day.

2. What are some ideas for incorporating the color black into my wedding decor?

Black is a classic and elegant color that can be incorporated into your wedding decor in many ways. Our Black and White Ceramic Serving Set is perfect for displaying your hors d'oeuvres, while our Black Mesh Food Cover can add a touch of sophistication to your buffet table. You can also use black accents, such as our Black Linen Napkins, to tie in the color throughout your reception.

3. How can I use the color white to create a cohesive theme for my wedding?

White is a versatile color that can be used in many ways to create a cohesive theme for your wedding. Our White Ceramic Tiered Stand is perfect for displaying desserts or favors, while our White Lace Placemats can add a touch of elegance to your tables. You can also use white flowers, such as roses or baby's breath, to tie in the color throughout your wedding decor.

4. Are there any signature cocktails that incorporate orange, black, and white for my wedding?

Yes, we have a few signature cocktail recipes that incorporate all three colors. Our Orange Blossom Cocktail is made with orange juice, vodka, and triple sec and is garnished with blackberries. We also have a Black and White Martini made with vanilla vodka and crème de cacao, garnished with a white chocolate rim. Both of these cocktails fit perfectly with an orange, black, and white wedding theme.

5. What are some unique wedding favors that fit with an orange, black, and white color scheme?

For a unique and memorable wedding favor, consider our Orange Scented Candles or Black and White Striped Coasters. You can also personalize our White Mini Spatulas with your wedding date or initials for a practical and fun favor. Another option is to create your own DIY favors using our Orange and Black Mini Ball Jars filled with candy or homemade jam. The possibilities are endless when it comes to incorporating your color scheme into your wedding favors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • family4dinner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
family4dinner
  • Chef Bobby