• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I substitute for Water Chestnuts in Tangy Bacon Roll Ups?

I love the snausages commercials. So DH and I typically call L'il Smokies "Snausages" because that's what they look like.
hoosierchef
So, we are doing this Bunco party tomorrow......Since it's a Bunco party, I thought we should do snack type food. The Tangy Bacon Roll Ups look good, but I'm not a fan of Water Chestnuts, and I'm not sure anyone else will be either.

Any suggestions for substitutions??

Last edited:
Just about any of the dips are yummy. I love the Cannoli Dip.

How about cool veggie pizza or clubhouse chicken squares. You could have them cut into small squares and set out on plates.

Thanks Ann. Those are great ideas, but I guess I didn't clarify. What would make a good substitution for the Water Chestnuts. Thanks.

Last edited:
Would pineapple be too strange?

Little smokey joes. Yummy!

I'm not a fan of water chestnuts but do like them in that recipe...

...how about a tangy bacon wrapped meatball?

Still thinking of other possiblities...

I like the Smokey Joes idea Rebecca has...

Can't go wrong with snausages! Although pineapple chunks would probably be good, too.

chefann said:
Can't go wrong with snausages!

That made me chuckle because being a dog owner, that is the name of a dog treat. I bet my puppies would love to have them wrapped in bacon! :)

jasonmva said:
That made me chuckle because being a dog owner, that is the name of a dog treat. I bet my puppies would love to have them wrapped in bacon! :)

...and that reminds me of "dogs don't know it's not bacon!"...
My now 3 year old used to quote that commercial when he was 1 1/2 and giggle!

janetupnorth said:
...and that reminds me of "dogs don't know it's not bacon!"...
My now 3 year old used to quote that commercial when he was 1 1/2 and giggle!

I SMELL BACON!!!!!!!!

Bacon...bacon...bacon!

How about chicken tenders (not breaded) cut into chunks?

jasonmva said:
I love the snausages commercials. So DH and I typically call L'il Smokies "Snausages" because that's what they look like.

Bacon!! Love that commercial, too.

Related to What can I substitute for Water Chestnuts in Tangy Bacon Roll Ups?

1. How do I make Tangy Bacon Roll Ups?

To make Tangy Bacon Roll Ups, you will need bacon, cream cheese, green onions, and crescent roll dough. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then, cook the bacon until it is crispy and crumble it into small pieces. Mix the crumbled bacon with softened cream cheese and chopped green onions. Roll out the crescent roll dough and spread the bacon mixture evenly on top. Roll the dough up into a log and slice it into individual rolls. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!

2. Can I make Tangy Bacon Roll Ups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Tangy Bacon Roll Ups ahead of time. After rolling the dough and slicing it into individual rolls, you can cover and refrigerate them for up to 24 hours before baking. You can also freeze the rolls before baking and then bake them for an additional 5-10 minutes when ready to serve.

3. Can I use pre-cooked bacon for Tangy Bacon Roll Ups?

Yes, you can use pre-cooked bacon for Tangy Bacon Roll Ups. Simply crumble the pre-cooked bacon and mix it with the cream cheese and green onions as directed in the recipe. You may need to adjust the baking time slightly, as the pre-cooked bacon may not need as much time to cook as raw bacon.

4. Can I substitute the cream cheese in Tangy Bacon Roll Ups with a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can substitute the cream cheese in Tangy Bacon Roll Ups with a different type of cheese. Some popular substitutions include cheddar cheese, goat cheese, or even a combination of different cheeses. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the roll ups may vary depending on the type of cheese used.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the Tangy Bacon Roll Ups?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the Tangy Bacon Roll Ups to customize them to your liking. Some popular additions include diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, or even a sprinkle of brown sugar on top for a sweeter twist. Get creative and have fun experimenting with different flavors!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
  • Nep2nfly