• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Can I Do for a Children's Outdoor Festival?

In summary, there is a possibility of doing a children's outdoor festival this Saturday. The event will focus on family and children, with an expected turnout of hundreds of kids. Ideas for activities include cookie decorating with premade cookies and decorating supplies, as well as a craft or art project using tools from the company. Other suggestions include using play doh and various kitchen tools, such as the large cutting board and creative cutters, to engage kids in hands-on activities. There is also the potential for a raffle to showcase the company's products and collect contact information for potential bookings.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I have the possibility of doing a childrens outdoor festival this Saturday in the town commons. Everything pertains to family/children.

There will probably be hundreds of kids. Before when I have done a childrens event, I bought premade sugar cookies (the cheap ones) from Walmart and let them use the EAD to pipe icing, then had out sprinkles in the small bowls for decorating. The hardest part was keeping up with filling the EAD. That worries me for this. Plus it will be hot - so anything that melts is out of the question.

Any ideas other than a demo? Something I can do for the kids and talk to parents as well who might have questions? Perhaps a craft or art project using our tools? Maybe something I can just hand-out - I'm thinking now a raffle for the kids apron and hat? or cookie decorating set? And all along trying for bookings? HELP!

Last edited:
Look for the Teacher Appreciation/Gift Ideas thread...someone posted a list of items that teachers would love to have around and it included items kids would love. For example:
garlic press and baker's roller for play-do
quik-stir pitcher filled with lemonade
apple wedger & a bowl of apples
flour/sugar shaker to dust cookies with
tool-turn-about for markers, crayons, scissor

The possibilities are endless. The event sounds like lots of fun! The kids will love it with all the hand-on things you can display.

A kid's eventThat sounds like fun and a good way to reach kids and their parents with our products.

I would use the Large cutting board and place the creative cutters along with play doh for the kids to play with. You can use your nylon scrapers to scoop up the play doh back into a pile or back into the containers. The baker's roller to get it thinned out for the creative cutters to cut shapes.
The safe cutter to make detailed marks on the pieces. You could also have large marshmallows in your SA bowl for the kids to take with them. OR you could do some sort of cool drink in the pitchers and have small paper cups for them to taste.

Debbie :D

Play doh was going to be my suggestion, too!

I think the cookie idea is great. Why not fill two or three sets of the decorator bottles with frosting, and let the kids go to town? You can refill the bottles as they get low, and you won't have to refill them all at the same time.

You could also have the kids to PB&J sandwiches with the Cut-N-Seal. Buy five or six of them, and then do a drawing for five kids to win one at the end of the day. Then you have everyone's information as well!

Related to What Can I Do for a Children's Outdoor Festival?

1. What age range is best for a children's event?

The age range for a children's event can vary depending on the activities and level of supervision. Generally, ages 5-12 are most suitable, but it's always a good idea to check with the parents or guardians of the children attending to get a better idea of their age range and interests.

2. What types of activities are appropriate for a children's event?

Activities that are hands-on and interactive tend to be the most successful for children's events. Crafts, games, and cooking activities are all great options. It's also important to consider the age and skill level of the children when choosing activities.

3. How many adults should be present at the event?

The number of adults needed will depend on the number of children attending and the activities planned. As a general rule, there should be at least one adult for every 5-7 children. It's also a good idea to have a designated first aid provider on hand in case of any accidents.

4. Can we incorporate healthy eating into the event?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that are perfect for kids to make and enjoy. You can also incorporate educational activities, such as teaching children about different food groups and the importance of balanced meals.

5. Do you have any tips for keeping the children engaged and entertained during the event?

One tip is to have a variety of activities planned to keep the children interested and engaged. It can also be helpful to have a mix of structured and unstructured activities, allowing for some free play time. Additionally, involving the children in the planning process can make them feel more invested and excited about the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefJWarren
  • laylaleigh