• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea for Small Group Fundraiser?

Betty, You can make six servings of this cappucino mix in a prep bowl for $5.00. The ingredients for this mix cost $1.00 per serving. The profit you make from selling the mix for $5.00 each is $4.50.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I have a friend who is looking for a fundraiser for the navy league group that she supports. It is a small group of children, approx 30 kids. The only thing that would really be lucrative for them is to package something up in the prep bowls and sell that individually. Does anyone have any simple "mixture" that could be put in the prep bowls and resold? Basically what I was thinking was some sort of tea/coffee/hot chocolate mixture that could be stored in each prep bowl. Along with that would be included a chocolate dipped bamboo spoon. This would be wrapped in cello along with a few hershey kisses for decorations. An instruction card would also be included. Each cadet would be responsible for selling, say 5, and this would give them a nice little return. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love to do the cookies in the small batter bowl but that would make it too costly to sell it for their fundraising profit, I don't believe that our Directors can get the bowls for a reduced price her in Canada??? Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Any ideas are welcome as I would really like to help them out!

It has been awhile since you posted this, but if you are still looking for a recipe, I have a great Dry mix recipe for Cappucino that everyone expects to receive from me each Christmas. Let me know if you still need it.

Hey there,

I would like your Cappucino recipe if you don't mind, I have 4 festivals I am setting up at and would love to take orders for the batter bowl cookies, brownies and your cappucino, I think that would be an excellent Christmas present...

Thank you,
Betty

I would like the mix too if you don't mind sharing! I thiink it is a great idea for the fundraiser! Since they come in sets of 6 you won't have to call HO to order because you don't need more that 50! Also, to increase sales you might want to do $5 each or 6 for $25. You don't have to use those prices, just and example. I think they are great for people in offices that feel they should get their coworkers something, but don't know them well enought to get each something personal!

ok, here it is, my FAMOUS Cappucino recipe. (actually, I did not make it up, I found it somewhere, and then adjusted it to meet my taste)- I usually quadruple the recipe, and store in large mason jars.

In large bowl, mix the following-

1 cup instant hot chocolate mix
1 cup coffee mate
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup instant coffee
1 tsp cinnamon (or more)
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional- I leave out, I do not like nutmeg)

Also, I will shop for the ingredients at ALDI's and there is no difference in taste. Shop at ALDI's to keep costs down.

after mixed together, put into GLASS jar. Do not use plastic, it changes the flavor.
Directions for the label- add 2-3 TBLS of mix to mug of hot water, stir and top with whip cream. YUMMY !!!!!!

Also, I shop at ALDI's for the ingredients, no difference in taste- a great way to keep the cost down.

Last edited:
You can also find recipes on the internet for hot spiced tea that area great. I have made one before and put in 1/2 pint jars for gifts. Look on the internet and you'll find this recipe if you are interested.

Jeanie

Thank you Mrssyvo!! I am excited to try this! I go through those premade cappucino mixes like they are water!!

I make several batches the first sign of Fall, and even though I gave my M-I-Law the recipe, she keeps giving me back her empty jar to be refilled. Many of my friends say they do not enjoy cool weather without it !!!

Thanks so much. This is exactly what I was looking for!

I like the prep bowl idea. How many servings do you think you could get into a prep bowl?? If it is 2 -3 at a cost of $5.00, that sounds like a great deal!! You get 3 capachinos and a reuseable prep bowl for $5.00. I don't buy cappachinos at coffee stands BUT I do know that my latte costs me $3.50. So it seems this woudl be a great way to get sales. I have no idea how much the ingredients cost, but I do know the 6 prep bowls are $19.50. So let's say the ingredients cost $1.00 for each bowl. Total cost would be $25.50. Then sell them for $5.00 each = $30.00 - profit is $4.50?? What am I missing. Are you purchasing the bowls before hand with your discount??? I would like to0 try somehting like this with my grandsons school this Winter - but - I'm not sure it would be very profitible???

HELP!!!

You're right- that isn't much profit!!

RossDeb2 said:
I have a friend who is looking for a fundraiser for the navy league group that she supports. It is a small group of children, approx 30 kids. The only thing that would really be lucrative for them is to package something up in the prep bowls and sell that individually. Does anyone have any simple "mixture" that could be put in the prep bowls and resold? Basically what I was thinking was some sort of tea/coffee/hot chocolate mixture that could be stored in each prep bowl. Along with that would be included a chocolate dipped bamboo spoon. This would be wrapped in cello along with a few hershey kisses for decorations. An instruction card would also be included. Each cadet would be responsible for selling, say 5, and this would give them a nice little return. Does anyone have any ideas? I would love to do the cookies in the small batter bowl but that would make it too costly to sell it for their fundraising profit, I don't believe that our Directors can get the bowls for a reduced price her in Canada??? Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Any ideas are welcome as I would really like to help them out!
Somewhere on this site I read about making individual brownies or was it cake in the prep bowls. You could put the dry ingredients in the bowl with directions on how to make them. I will try to find it if someone else doesn't first. ;)

That sounds good. I wonder if you could make a mini-cake in the micro??

mrssyvo said:
ok, here it is, my FAMOUS Cappucino recipe. (actually, I did not make it up, I found it somewhere, and then adjusted it to meet my taste)- I usually quadruple the recipe, and store in large mason jars.

In large bowl, mix the following-

1 cup instant hot chocolate mix
1 cup coffee mate
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup instant coffee
1 tsp cinnamon (or more)
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional- I leave out, I do not like nutmeg)

Also, I will shop for the ingredients at ALDI's and there is no difference in taste. Shop at ALDI's to keep costs down.

after mixed together, put into GLASS jar. Do not use plastic, it changes the flavor.
Directions for the label- add 2-3 TBLS of mix to mug of hot water, stir and top with whip cream. YUMMY !!!!!!

Also, I shop at ALDI's for the ingredients, no difference in taste- a great way to keep the cost down.

What is ALDI's?

ALDI's is a grocery store where around here you pay a quarter to get a buggy and everything in the store is extremely cheap! We shop there all the time. Fruit filling such as cherries, blueberries you can get for like $1 where as in the grocery store you'll pay $2-$3. They've got name brand items and off brand items. You don't get bags to put your grocery items in so you have to get boxes to put your things in. Usually when we go we can get a whole buggy of groceries fro $40-$50...that's everything from pork chops to fruit to vegetable oil. When you put your buggy back in you get your quarter back!

I'm not sure if every state has them. We have two around here.

it must be like a save-a-lot

BethCooks4U said:
Somewhere on this site I read about making individual brownies or was it cake in the prep bowls. You could put the dry ingredients in the bowl with directions on how to make them. I will try to find it if someone else doesn't first. ;)

Here it is!!!

Attachments

• Individual Microwave Cakes.doc
    19 KB · Views: 457
its_me_susan said:
Here it is!!!

Susan:

About how many cakes do you get from making this in the coffee & more cups?

Thanks and I hope you are feeling better!

PCGINA said:
I like the prep bowl idea. How many servings do you think you could get into a prep bowl?? If it is 2 -3 at a cost of $5.00, that sounds like a great deal!! You get 3 capachinos and a reuseable prep bowl for $5.00. I don't buy cappachinos at coffee stands BUT I do know that my latte costs me $3.50. So it seems this woudl be a great way to get sales. I have no idea how much the ingredients cost, but I do know the 6 prep bowls are $19.50. So let's say the ingredients cost $1.00 for each bowl. Total cost would be $25.50. Then sell them for $5.00 each = $30.00 - profit is $4.50?? What am I missing. Are you purchasing the bowls before hand with your discount??? I would like to0 try somehting like this with my grandsons school this Winter - but - I'm not sure it would be very profitible???

HELP!!!
The prep bowl holds 3/4 cup if you fill it almost to the top... 1/2 cup filled would look good still and leaves some room for when you scoop... That would be 8 TBS. .. and if you use 2-3 per serving.. that would give you about 3 servings ~ you could add an extra TBS. to make it 4 servings..:rolleyes:

Plus you could make recipe cards for all the other ideas that people have for the prep bowls - the easy omelets, the cakes, etc... then they would have the drink mix, plus other ideas and uses for the bowl besides just "a bowl." Then also include a mini-catalog as a way to increase your exposure and get some extra orders and bookings! Just a thought... :)

oohhh good idea jaye!

so did anyone try the cakes in the prep bowls? does anyone have tags made up for the cappucino or the cake in prep bowls? i am not very good about adjusting recipies, so I have to follow exactly. (otherwise it taste nasty)

what about using that above recipe in the micro cooker? I have the small one, might try it in that one.....

Related to Idea for Small Group Fundraiser?

1. What types of products can we sell for a small group fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items that are perfect for small group fundraisers. You can choose from our catalog of over 500 products, including popular items like our stoneware and kitchen gadgets.

2. How much profit can we expect to make with a small group fundraiser?

The profit for a small group fundraiser will depend on the number of items sold and the prices at which they are sold. However, Pampered Chef typically offers a profit of 20-25% on each item sold, making it a great option for raising funds for your group.

3. Can we personalize the products for our fundraiser?

Unfortunately, we do not offer personalization for our products. However, you can add your group's logo or name to the marketing materials and flyers for your fundraiser to make it more personalized and unique.

4. Is there a minimum order requirement for a small group fundraiser?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for a small group fundraiser with Pampered Chef. Whether you sell one item or 100, you will still receive the same profit percentage on each sale.

5. How can we place our orders and receive the products for our fundraiser?

Orders can be placed online through a unique link provided by your Pampered Chef consultant. Once the fundraiser is complete, the products will be shipped directly to the designated location for distribution to your group members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PCSarah
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Andreamd8
  • Pampered Chef Shows