• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Empty Diaper Wipe Container?

In summary, My MOPS group is having a contest at our meeting next month. We each took home a plastic diaper wipes container and we are to bring it back "repurposed" as something useful. Any ideas?
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
My MOPS group is having a contest at our meeting next month. We each took home a plastic diaper wipes container and we are to bring it back "repurposed" as something useful.

Any ideas? The only thing I could think was a container for some of Evan's cars...and decopaging (sp?) cut out pictures of cars and such to decorate it.

It is NOT flat on the top...it's a white huggies continer that has the pop up lid on the top.

It can be an idea for kids, adults, to play, to organize, whatever!

It is a great way to keep things you have foraged - rocks, gems, petrified wood, etc. It keeps them from falling out.Maybe stick a roll of toilet paper in and place in the back seat of your car for "tissues"?

Here's mine covered. There's looks better than mine but this is my first try! I have started making them for baby showers now.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/jrstephens/Chef%20Success%20Stuff/100_4858.jpg

Recipe Holder
Treasure Chest
Piggy Bank
Yarn/Ribbon Holder
Dryer Sheet Holder
Kleenex Holder for the Car

I love MOPS! Here are some ideas off the top of my head:Kid's bank - whether for real or play money, the pop-top dispenser is easy for little hands to put money in, and the full lid open makes it easy to get it out when the time comesEncouragement jar - have family put favorite verses, sayings, and person-specific accolades ("Kaitlyn is a good helper") tailored to your family's age; have specific reasons for drawing them out
- could also be a chore jar; "honey do" jar; family fun night jarI use mine to store crochet hooks - I didn't bother with decoratoinThey are GREAT for storing plastic grocery bags - open the lid to stuff more in, they come out one at a time through the pop-top dispenser; decorate with little pictures of bags, groceries, "Grab a Bag" slogan, etc.Perfect size for a first-aid kit for the car - inside of pop-top is good for emergency numbers and a few bandaids, inside the box for more - decorate with universal red cross; list supplies on back on printed list sealed on or sharpie penKids "car box" - age appropriate toys and activities for in the car, or tailored for during church, or to take into restaurants - decoupage with the funny paper and shellacHairbow keeper - pop them through the top as you find them, open up the box to get the one you need; big enough for a brush, too. Can be dressed up with yarn hair and the likeOh, there are so many things to "keep" in a box

You know what? Here's a great list I just found to get you thinking (and you sure did get me thinking! I may have to get crafty!): http://modern-simplicity.blogspot.com/2008/01/50-uses-for-those-rectangular-baby.html

KateD said:
You know what? Here's a great list I just found to get you thinking (and you sure did get me thinking! I may have to get crafty!): http://modern-simplicity.blogspot.com/2008/01/50-uses-for-those-rectangular-baby.html

That is a great list!!

So cool! We all of a sudden have a TON of these floating around again!:rolleyes: Thanks for the ideas!

Crayon keeper
Hair "thingy" keeper.OH ... and wipe keeper ... it is much cheaper to get a multi-pack and refill it than to buy a separate container every time!

I was going to say kleenex holder for car too! ;)

My sister used to have the kids' crayons, markers, etc. That way when they wanted to use them, they pull the container out and put it back when they are done.

I say make a treasure box of things that they enjoy or are done using. Bury it in the yard with them to be dug up the next year to go over. At that age it is fun to see what they liked the year before. Also add a note with a story about them or a note to them from Mom and Dad.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Crayon keeper
Hair "thingy" keeper.

OH ... and wipe keeper ... it is much cheaper to get a multi-pack and refill it than to buy a separate container every time!

I am still on my FIRST diaper wipes box! I have only ever used the refills for it...so I don't have a bunch of them floating around.

BTW- if anyone likes Pampers wipes, the Target brand is very similar and it's the cheapest way to refill your wipe container! I buy a bunch when they go on sale!

Thanks for all of the ideas ladies! I am gonna go look at Etsy and that site with the 50 uses from Kate.

Be back later!
:)

I love the idea about using one for hair ties. My daughter's are all over the house, and mine are, too! My cat loves to find them and stick them in his water dish, so having a place to stash them that is "cat proof" is a GREAT idea...

jrstephens said:
Here's mine covered. There's looks better than mine but this is my first try! I have started making them for baby showers now.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i10/jrstephens/Chef%20Success%20Stuff/100_4858.jpg
That is cute! Holy crap! Did you see the prices on the ones from Etsy? $18 for a mini wipes holder like you did and FORTY DOLLARS for a full size wipes container!!! People have too little sense and too much money if they are buying a $40 wipes container. Very cute and fashionable, but man o man....I guess I am just way to che** <ahem> I mean, frugal for that!

I think I may try something like this:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/DiaperWipeBox.jpg

Any clue how to make it...other than batting, fabric and glue?

I would like to keep the top opening useable. In this picture, you would have to manually open the container each time. I like the pop up dispenser!

Last edited:
The mini wipes holder would be cute to cover like that, and put your PC mini catalogs in to keep them from getting all bend up in your purse.

elizabethfox said:
The mini wipes holder would be cute to cover like that, and put your PC mini catalogs in to keep them from getting all bend up in your purse.
Another awesome Idea!!!:love:

KellyTheChef said:
I think I may try something like this:
Any clue how to make it...other than batting, fabric and glue?

I would like to keep the top opening useable. In this picture, you would have to manually open the container each time. I like the pop up dispenser!

I think they are just like you said - batting, fabric, and glue. All of the ones I have seen cover up the pop up dispenser and that is the part I like too. You could just glue around it and put the fabric and batting on the oval pop up as well with some trim around it. The "button" to open it would probably have to stay decoration free. I love these decorated but I'm too frugal to buy one and too busy to make one!

Wow~ Creative ideas!

I just use mine to hold all my daughters Hair thingys.

Related to What to Do With Empty Diaper Wipe Container?

1. What are some creative uses for empty diaper wipe containers?

Empty diaper wipe containers can be repurposed in many ways. Some ideas include using them as storage for small toys or craft supplies, creating a mini first aid kit, or using them to organize office supplies.

2. Can I recycle empty diaper wipe containers?

Yes, most diaper wipe containers are made from recyclable materials and can be recycled. Make sure to check your local recycling guidelines for proper disposal.

3. Are there any safety concerns with reusing diaper wipe containers?

It is important to thoroughly clean and disinfect an empty diaper wipe container before reusing it for a different purpose. Also, make sure to avoid using it for food storage or with any potentially harmful chemicals.

4. How can I remove the label or sticker residue from an empty diaper wipe container?

To remove the label or sticky residue from an empty diaper wipe container, you can use rubbing alcohol or a mixture of warm water and dish soap. Let it soak for a few minutes and then scrub with a sponge or cloth.

5. Can I use an empty diaper wipe container for storing food?

We do not recommend using an empty diaper wipe container for storing food. Even after cleaning, there may still be traces of chemicals or bacteria from the previous use. It is best to use food-safe containers for storing food items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies