• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

In summary, the author is hosting a bbq and game night for friends with young kids, and will also be spending the night watching a movie and playing board games with the children.
heat123
Silver Member
Just wanted to wish you a happy and safe night out this evening!:)

We're having our freinds over for a bbq and game night! Have fun everyone!:balloon:

Here's to a GREAT 2008!

Yes, happy New Year everyone!

I'm working at my parents' cafe tonight, then dh & I will maybe watch a movie & watch the ball drop.

Here's to a successful '08 to all of us!:balloon: :D

Happy New Year to everyone as well! We are taking it easy - staying home - started snowing a while ago - and I don't like being out on the roads with all the drunks - my husband has been at work all day and won't get home until probably 6 pm. We'll play board games with the kids and watch the ball drop as well. I agree with Lacy - hope 2008 is a successful PC year as well!!:)

We are having friends over for hor'dourves and games.....it's what you do when you have small children and don't want to pay a sitter for all night! All the kids can play together, and give the adults some fun time too.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Happy New Year to all my Cheffer Friends! :D

We're not doing anything either, which is okay by me! I like a quiet night at home!

Here's to a wonderful 2008!

HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!
LETS ALL BE GR8 IN 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everybody has a GREAT and HAPPY 2008! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
We are having friends over for hor'dourves and games.....it's what you do when you have small children and don't want to pay a sitter for all night! All the kids can play together, and give the adults some fun time too.

Happy New Year Everyone!
Exactly what we have goin on! Kids upstairs making a mess, parents downstairs playin some games and havin a few ****tails!:p

Make the Cran Raspberry Fizz & have on the side some white wine,champagne,flavored vodka or ALL of the above....;) ;) ;)

Happy New Year's Everyone. Hope 2008 is a year full of fun, joy and laughter.

For everyone who is going out tonight please be safe:balloon: :balloon:

Happy New Year to you all too!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!:balloon:

Happy New Year to everyone! Be safe and happy! Thank you all for all that you are! Some days I think I'd lose my mind if I couldn't be one CS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! Have a great evening and be safe!

Thank you so much, ALL of you, for all of the answers and suggestions you've provided. I don't know WHAT I would've done without this site. You've saved me countless times from embarassing myself in front of hosts, customers and my recruiter! LOL!

I wish all of you happiness, good fortune and lots of sales this year! Happy '08!

Dena:sing: :balloon: :chef: :D :balloon
:

Happy New Years to All!!!!! I am not doing anything tonight as I work in a bakery and have to be there at 4 am. So have a few celebratory drinks for me as well, please! LOL

Happy 2008 to everyone. May you all be blessed with happiness, health and love (and maybe some $$$).

We're having about 30 people over, in about 25 minutes. Most of us have young kids, so my DH got out the karaoke machine for them.

Better get my butt off the computer!

Be safe, for those of you traveling!

Happy 2008 to everyone!!!

DH and I are having game night, and Star Wars Movie Marathon...we don't really have any friends that do things on New Years, so it's just the two of us, some food, and the best Spumoni Ice Cream from Yarusso's Italian Eatery. DH's cousins run the place! Mmmmmmm

For those of you that do go out, be safe... for those of you that have friends that are coming over- have fun... I'm jealous! The one couple that we used to do things with, well the guy swears like a drunk sailor, and is as loud as one, too...and that's before any booze gets in him- he isn't my type, and his wife is a little goofy, too- so we are coupleless on New Years Eve... how sad is that?

We're alone too. That's what happens when you wait until you've been married 12 years to have a kid. He's so much younger than all of our friends' kids, that he doesn't really fit in. My DH and DS requested that we grill steaks tonight (and DS even shoveled the snow off the deck and swept it off the grill for me!) Then we're having an UNO ATTACK marathon. The "ball" really drops at 11pm our time, so maybe DS won't know the difference and we can tell him it's all over and hit the hay early! LOL! Hope that everyone has a GR8 2008 and makes all of their dreams come true!

We are having a quiet and uneventful night at home as well. Our neighbors/friends are having a pizza party, and invited us (we have a group of about a dozen households in the neighborhood that are all friends), but we decided just to stay home. My hubby wants a quiet evening in front of the fireplace. I will probably be asleep before the clock strikes midnight!

Here is to a very successful and prosperous New Year to all of us!!!!!!

My wish for all your Cheffers . . .

Everything GREAT in 2008!

Cheers!

Happy New Year! Wahoo!! I will be a Director at 12:01 am!

Well, we have campers in at camp - a ton of Jr. Highers so after a full day, we just come home and rest. This is just another day for us. However, when all the kids hop on the busses tomorrow at noon to go home, we will have camp to ourselves and take the kids down the tubing hill.

Tonight we just had taco dinner, might have some dessert later and maybe play some games with the kids...do some laundry, chat on here, whatever.

Nice and simple...

Being EMTs and being in the country, we hate to be driving and out during this time. Better to be available to respond to any unfortunate accidents.

Have a great AND SAFE night everyone!

Lisa2Boys said:

Congratulations Lisa!

Quiet night in here. I just finished sort/cleaning my pile of PC papers from the past year. I'm almost organized, again! Should have the spare room in a semi cleaned out state by the weekend. We are trying organize and clean out.
Best wishes to everyone in 2008! For those going out, have fun, but be careful.

Happy New Year! :D

As you can tell from the time, DH and I are having a nice, quiet evening home...

We're hanging out, talking and relaxin' - but he had to do some updating to the laptop, so I went to the desktop to turn it off for the night..when I saw I was signed on to the site, and of course had to check it out! :p

See y'all in 2008! Hope it's a prosperous and successful year to my new business (and to everyone else's too!) :thumbup:

Happy New Year Everyone!!!I am looking forward to a great 2008, and best wishes to everyone else for an awesome 2008. Thanks for all the great support, you guys rock!

Technically it is not 2008 here although it shows it to be so on the post time! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and here's to a wonderful new year! Cheers! :D :balloon:
(my hubby is passed out on the couch! can't believe he use to be my party animal!:rolleyes: ;) :D)

HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE!!!!
We went to a friends and got Chinese food and were home by 10:30.

Lisa2Boys said:
What an AWESOME way to start the New Year! CONGRATS!!! You going to walk at Leadership?

cpaylor said:
Quiet night in here. I just finished sort/cleaning my pile of PC papers from the past year. I'm almost organized, again! Should have the spare room in a semi cleaned out state by the weekend. We are trying organize and clean out.
Best wishes to everyone in 2008! For those going out, have fun, but be careful.
Me too! My 9 yr. old son was crawling under my desk last night picking up any stray papers that had fallen behind there and everything was so dusty. Today I'm all stuffed up. Hopefully not getting a sinus infection because of it. GRRRR!! My office is looking better though. Now I'm attacking the closet. Anyone need any new/old products I have for sale??? PM me for the list.

chefkristin said:
HAPPY 2008 EVERYONE!!!!
We went to a friends and got Chinese food and were home by 10:30.
How funny, everyone left our house at 10:30 to get the kids in bed! We all laugh because we used to be a bunch of partiers and now it's in bed by 10pm!
Had a very mellow night in with 30 people and kids all over the place! LOL Funny how kids rule our world now!

Speaking of kids....We had a family over for New Year's Eve and into the New Year. We do something with this couple and most of the time the kids, just about every year. We played Apples to Apples, the Wii, and PIT. I've never played PIT before. It's a bit crazy. Anyway, our friends' 10 year old son told us he wanted to be urinating when the clock hit midnight! Okay...but why? Who knows. I just told him not to miss! My DH came up with the saying "Urinate in 2008!" Good one. Then the boy was skipping around the house saying it over and over.
We shoveled the driveway around 1 AM so there wouldn't be any tire tracks from our friends leaving. In bed around 2:40 AM. Company on New Year's Day to watch the Michigan football game. Shoveled three times today, but I needed the exercise after all the junk I ate. Probably will need to shovel before my DH leaves for work this morning too. First I should get to bed!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

heat123 said:
How funny, everyone left our house at 10:30 to get the kids in bed! We all laugh because we used to be a bunch of partiers and now it's in bed by 10pm!
Had a very mellow night in with 30 people and kids all over the place! LOL Funny how kids rule our world now!

LOL Heather! We did our New Years Toast at 10:00pm - and then everyone left by 10:30....had DS in bed at 11:00, and DH and I snuggled on the couch until the ball dropped, and then kissed, said "Happy New Year", and stumbled off to bed!:indif: :indif:

I love that commercial that says "Having a Baby Changes Everything" - because it sure does!

Our big New Years Day plans? We all slept in, had a late brunch, then played with K'Nex until it was time to leave for the Theater - "Alvin And The Chipmunks".....and then to Applebees for an early Dinner.....home for Leftover Trifle, and Dominoes with Grandpa & Grandma....and then to bed early!:indif:

Now, today - I have major phone calls to make - back to 3-2-1!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

HAPPY HANGOVER!
nolteAV.jpg

Related to What are your plans for New Year's Eve?

1. What are some fun ideas for New Year's Eve parties?

Some fun ideas for New Year's Eve parties include hosting a themed party, having a game night, or having a potluck where everyone brings a dish. Other ideas include having a movie marathon, hosting a karaoke night, or having a DIY cocktail bar.

2. How can I make sure my New Year's Eve party is safe and responsible?

To ensure a safe and responsible New Year's Eve party, make sure to have designated drivers or arrange for transportation for your guests. Also, have non-alcoholic drink options available and monitor alcohol consumption. Consider serving snacks and having activities to keep guests occupied and prevent excessive drinking.

3. What are some popular New Year's Eve traditions?

Some popular New Year's Eve traditions include watching the ball drop in Times Square, making resolutions for the new year, and kissing a loved one at midnight. Other traditions include wearing festive attire, singing Auld Lang Syne, and lighting fireworks or sparklers.

4. Do you have any tips for hosting a successful New Year's Eve party?

Some tips for hosting a successful New Year's Eve party include planning ahead and sending out invitations early, having plenty of food and drinks available, and setting up a designated area for coats and bags. It's also helpful to have a schedule of activities or games to keep guests entertained throughout the night.

5. How can I celebrate New Year's Eve at home if I don't want to go out?

If you prefer to celebrate New Year's Eve at home, there are still plenty of ways to make it special. You can have a cozy night in with a movie and snacks, have a romantic dinner at home with your significant other, or invite friends over for a potluck or game night. You can also watch the ball drop on TV or have your own countdown to midnight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • jennyalen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
jennyalen