• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You All Doing This Weekend?

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I hear it's VERY hard to actually make it on the show. To get called up this weekend to even attempt to solve a puzzle is totally random. They pick your name out of a big barrel during several "shows" they'll do this weekend. Even if you get on and solve it, it doesn't mean you get invited to a final audition. If you don't solve it, it doesn't count you out either. And even if you don't get picked to try out a puzzle, there's still a chance they go back to L.A. and pick more names from the "barrel." I can't wait! I'm online practicing Wheel of
finley1991
Recruiting Talk at Show for another DS RepI've been really really working and been CONSISTENTLY sharing our opp at shows using my Why Bag and then doing the Pass the Prize game. I have been getting AT LEAST ONE solid lead at every show that I've been doing this at and one is signing tomorrow!!! (Woo-hoo!) Anyway, I have a show at the end of October for a friend of mine who reps Lia Sophia. She's majorly struggling and needs recruits herself desperately... she's already lost her directorship with them once. Anyway, I want to do my Why Bag and the pass the prize but I'm wondering if this would offend her. I really want to recruit HER actually. (Side note: I met her after she signed with LS... she was debating between PC and LS and the LS rep told her PC was saturated here and bagged totally on us and she believed it. She knows better now but is still with them.) So should I just plan to do my show as normal, or should I ask her first?

Thanks for your input! :)

I have done shows for alot of consultants from other companies, Premiere, Lia Sophia, Tastefully Simple, Mary Kay, etc. I ALWAYS do my show the same giving everyone the oppty to see what PC has to offer. If I did a show for any other DS company I would expect the consultant to do the same ( I of course would tell my friends and family that PC is only company they should sign with...hehe only kidding) I would definately still try to recruit your LS friend...but I feel her guests have the right to choose PC if they want to. Good luck!

I would do your show the same. I had a similar issue. I had a friend who sells Tastefully Simple. 80% of her guests also sold that with her. I still did my why bag and all. They loved it. Asked if they could do that at their shows too. I had 4 bookings from that show.

I would talk to her before the show about her coming over to our side. explain that you feel it could be fore her-not every company is for everyoneand maybe LS just isn't her thing-then do your show the way you normally would! I doubt she wold expect you to do any differently!

AND kudos to you for really working your business and offering the opportunity! Do share please what you have been saying ONCE you have the person interested!

I would definitely do your normal show. You never know who might have a passion or need for PC and just never thought of doing it and would miss the opportunity if you don't say something.

On another note I have had SEVERAL people who are with other DS companies have actively recruited during my PC shows (some were hosts, others were guests). I never EVER talk about PC at another direct sale show so it's even more upsetting when it happens to me. lol

Just wanted to know if anyone had any exciting weekend plans?

Tonight, me and the boys are playing Monopoly. Tomorrow morning, we are going to get our pumpkins, then to the hobby shop, then home to work on the boys bedrooms- moving the furniture around to move the baby to the other room. Tomorrow night we are playing the CSI board game- its sort of like Clue. Sunday after church, if the weather is good, we are going for a walk in the woods in all the fallen leaves, then Sunday night we are carving up the pumpkins.

nope just doing PC shows

off to a football game out of town (staying for the game not checkin into a hotel tonight)
Tomorrow my daughter is in her friend's quincenerria from noon until 1 am
oldest son is bringing home friends from college
MS has senior portraits taken Sunday
Sunday afternoon I start decorating for Christmas!!!

Wow Teresa you start early. I dont decorate for Christmas till day after Thanksgiving but it will be Mon after Thanksgiving due to being out of town

it takes me about 7-8 days to decorate & we are out of town the last 3 weekends (& the week of Thanksgiving for the whole week) and the 8th of December is my host brunch so its gotta be up and ready by then!!

Well, I think I'm just taxi-ing my 10 year old around.:) He has a birthday party tonight. Thankfully, one of the moms is bringing him home. Tomorrow he has anothe birthday party that I have to take to and pick him up from . Tomorrow night, he's going to a friends for a few hours. I'll probably only have to take him one way. CRAZY. He has more of a social life than me! I have a busy November, so I don't mind having a free weekend. Soccer starts up next weekend, too.

Doing some paper work, organizing and making calls till my ear drops off.

My husband and I are taking our son to his FUN DAY at his school tomorrow.
We also have to get our pumpkin.
Maybe dinner tomorrow night.
Sunday we go to my parents for our Pumpkin Carving afternoon. She makes soup and homemade bread and they light the outdoor fireplace and we all carve pumpkins and salt up the seeds and eat those too!! My brother and sister come with their families. My aunt and uncle will come over too. It has become a yearly event since we all had kids.

Breakfast with my Aunts tomorrow morning...(we do that most Saturday Mornings)...then I will come home and clean...then tomorrow night we are having a movie night at our church...the movie is something like Chasing the Giants or something like that...Sunday after church I will probably watch Football and then I have youth group in the evening.

I have a very unique weekend! I'm going to try to audition for Wheel of Fortune in Chicago! It's been my dream to be on this show and I've always said if I have the chance to audition, I'm going to do it. The Wheelmobile will be in the Chicago area (Rosemont) Sat, Sun and Mon and I'm going to go!!! Luckily my show for tomorrow night cancelled.:) Once I was glad for it!

So, keep your fingers crossed for me. I hear it's VERY hard to actually make it on the show. To get called up this weekend to even attempt to solve a puzzle is totally random. They pick your name out of a big barrel during several "shows" they'll do this weekend. Even if you get on and solve it, it doesn't mean you get invited to a final audition. If you don't solve it, it doesn't count you out either. And even if you don't get picked to try out a puzzle, there's still a chance they go back to L.A. and pick more names from the "barrel." I can't wait! I'm online practicing Wheel of Fortune right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!! Cross your fingers and toes for me!:cheerleader:

Went to my husband's high scool football game tonight that he coaches. Going to watch my nephew play tomorrow. He's plays college football with Birmingham Southern. Sunday going to church, to a bridal shower and back to church.

pamperedbecky said:
I have a very unique weekend! I'm going to try to audition for Wheel of Fortune in Chicago! It's been my dream to be on this show and I've always said if I have the chance to audition, I'm going to do it. The Wheelmobile will be in the Chicago area (Rosemont) Sat, Sun and Mon and I'm going to go!!! Luckily my show for tomorrow night cancelled.:) Once I was glad for it!

So, keep your fingers crossed for me. I hear it's VERY hard to actually make it on the show. To get called up this weekend to even attempt to solve a puzzle is totally random. They pick your name out of a big barrel during several "shows" they'll do this weekend. Even if you get on and solve it, it doesn't mean you get invited to a final audition. If you don't solve it, it doesn't count you out either. And even if you don't get picked to try out a puzzle, there's still a chance they go back to L.A. and pick more names from the "barrel." I can't wait! I'm online practicing Wheel of Fortune right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!! Cross your fingers and toes for me!:cheerleader:

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:KEEP US POSTED!! I LOVE THAT SHOW!

jrstephens said:
GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:KEEP US POSTED!! I LOVE THAT SHOW!

Thanks!! I'll definitely report back when it's all done.:)

Good Luck Becky I hope all turns out well for you.

Good Luck Becky...I am definately Jealous....I love Wheel.

DS has bowling this morning... then I'm going out for a Girls Night Out tonight. I'm so out of practice though... found out the dancing at the one club doesn't start til 10pm and my first thought was 'oh that's late'... LOL... I used to be such the night owl! So DH will have the kids and our house mate will also have his boys so it should be interesting for them *giggle*... tomorrow, nothing much... recovering from my adventure and dinner at my mom's house as usual for a Sunday for us.

We had my 11 yo DS's "party" last night. He just wanted cake and ice cream and two friends to come over. Our neighbors came over as well and it was nice to finally have people over at our new house! LOL!!
Today....we are finishing costumes and carving our pumpkins.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm having a pumpkin decorating party for family and friends. It seems the adults get into it more than the kids do! It's supposed to be in the 40's, I guess that means it will be inside. Not too much room when you throw up extra tables for activities! Hmmmmm, . . . If it's sunny, can I still do it outside even if it's that cold?

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
Tomorrow afternoon I'm having a pumpkin decorating party for family and friends. It seems the adults get into it more than the kids do! It's supposed to be in the 40's, I guess that means it will be inside. Not too much room when you throw up extra tables for activities! Hmmmmm, . . . If it's sunny, can I still do it outside even if it's that cold?

--Jenny L

Why not- just be sure to have lots of hot apple cider and hot chocolate!

Costume party for adults with neighbors tonight! Do this every year- always a good time!

pamperedbecky said:

I hope that you do great! I did the wheelmobile thing about 5 or 6 years ago when it was in St. Louis. It's more just a crapshoot as to whether they draw your name. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

PS - Be prepared to stand in a lot of lines & be herded like cattle! :D

We have a busy weekend. My son's soccer game got canceled today because of rain. So I went food shopping then we went out to dinner with some friends, after that we went to a halloween party at my son's karate school. Tomorrow we have another halloween party at a friends house, then we are going to carve our pumpkin. So a fun filled weekend.

crystalscookingnow said:
I hope that you do great! I did the wheelmobile thing about 5 or 6 years ago when it was in St. Louis. It's more just a crapshoot as to whether they draw your name. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

PS - Be prepared to stand in a lot of lines & be herded like cattle! :D

Thanks everyone!!

Well, I'm back and exhausted and I don't know why! Who knew that standing in line and sitting in the auditorium would be so tiring. Anyway, out of the six mini-shows they did Saturday and Sunday (and they pick your name out of a barrel to come up on stage to audition, like Crystal said) I made it in for 5. But I didn't get picked to get up on stage.:( It was still fun though watching people get chosen and scream and yell and do their little interview. There's still a chance because they may pick some names out of the "leftovers" to come to final auditions in January in Chicago. But, I"m not holding my breath. At least I have my name in there 5 times, as I'm sure most people do. It was fun though because I met some fun people and handed out a few catalogs!:)

pamperedbecky said:
Thanks everyone!!

Well, I'm back and exhausted and I don't know why! Who knew that standing in line and sitting in the auditorium would be so tiring. Anyway, out of the six mini-shows they did Saturday and Sunday (and they pick your name out of a barrel to come up on stage to audition, like Crystal said) I made it in for 5. But I didn't get picked to get up on stage.:( It was still fun though watching people get chosen and scream and yell and do their little interview. There's still a chance because they may pick some names out of the "leftovers" to come to final auditions in January in Chicago. But, I"m not holding my breath. At least I have my name in there 5 times, as I'm sure most people do. It was fun though because I met some fun people and handed out a few catalogs!:)

Way to network...also make sure that you keep us updated if you get chosen.

1. What is the Why Bag and how does it help with recruiting at shows?

The Why Bag is a tool used by many direct sales representatives to share their personal story and reasons for joining the company with potential recruits. It helps to establish a personal connection and credibility with the audience, making them more likely to consider joining the business.

2. What is the Pass the Prize game and how does it contribute to recruiting success?

The Pass the Prize game is a fun and interactive way to engage potential recruits at shows. It involves passing around a prize while sharing information about the business opportunity. This game can help to generate excitement and interest in joining the team.

3. Is it appropriate to use these recruiting techniques at a show for another direct sales company?

It is generally not recommended to use these techniques at a show for another direct sales company, as it may be seen as disrespectful to the host and the company being represented. It is important to respect the host's business and focus on promoting their products, rather than recruiting for a different company.

4. Is it appropriate to recruit the host of the show?

It is generally not appropriate to recruit the host of the show, as they have invited you to promote their products and not to recruit for another company. It is important to respect their business and focus on promoting their products, rather than trying to recruit them.

5. How can I approach a friend who is struggling in their direct sales business about joining my team?

If you are interested in recruiting a friend who is struggling in their direct sales business, it is important to approach the topic with sensitivity and respect. Consider having a conversation outside of a show setting to discuss the potential opportunity and how it could benefit them. Be sure to highlight the strengths and unique aspects of your company and how it could help them achieve their goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies