• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are the humidity levels for crisper drawers in a new fridge?

In summary, low humidity is below 30%, mid humidity is between 30-60%, and high humidity is above 60%. Humidity affects cooking and baking by changing the moisture in the air, which can impact the texture and baking time of food. To combat low humidity, it is recommended to use moist heat cooking methods such as braising or steaming. Controlling humidity levels in the kitchen can be done by using a dehumidifier, opening windows, and covering food while cooking. High humidity can also affect the shelf life of food, causing it to spoil faster. Properly storing food in airtight containers and refrigerating perishable items can help prevent this.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm hoping someone can help. I purchased a new fridge when we built our new house back in August and JUST got around to giving it a good scrubbing out today :eek: . When putting the crisper drawers and tray back in I moved the sliders for the humidity levels in the drawers. I know one was on the low end and one was on the higher end (one for veggies, one for fruit) but I have no idea which was which. Does anyone know? I can't find my new manual either - schmuck! :D

I cannot remember because mine at home as little drawings of a veggie or fruit to tell you which side!

Go to the manufacturer's website. You can find the manual online.

Veggies are high humidity (fewer vents open) fruits are low humidity (more vents are open)

Robin

Thanks so much Robin! :D I tried to take Deb's advice but with dialup internet it was taking FOREVER to download the manual and it finally timed itself out. Now I just KNOW I'll find the manual tomorrow. I like everything super neat so I chose a 'safe' spot for it the week we moved in and since we weren't really set into a routine here in the new place yet, what made total sense then doesn't now or I woulda found it! :cool: :rolleyes: :)

Related to What are the humidity levels for crisper drawers in a new fridge?

1. What is considered low, mid, and high humidity?

Low humidity is typically below 30%, mid humidity is between 30-60%, and high humidity is above 60%.

2. How does humidity affect cooking and baking?

Humidity affects cooking and baking by altering the moisture content in the air, which can affect the texture and rise of baked goods, as well as the cooking time and temperature of certain foods.

3. What are the best cooking methods for low humidity environments?

In low humidity environments, it is best to use moist heat cooking methods such as braising, stewing, or steaming to prevent food from drying out.

4. How can I control humidity levels in my kitchen?

You can control humidity levels in your kitchen by using a dehumidifier, opening windows or using exhaust fans to circulate air, and covering food while cooking to trap moisture.

5. Can humidity affect the shelf life of food?

Yes, high humidity can cause food to spoil faster due to the increased moisture in the air. It is important to properly store food in airtight containers and refrigerate perishable items to prevent spoilage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
emiscookin