• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some make-ahead recipes for an open house?

In summary, the new homeowner has a lot of recipes that she wants to have ready for her open houses. She is working full time and is also planning on having one open house during the week and one on a weekend. Some of the recipes she wants to have ready are a cheese torta, brownie truffle cups, apple berry salsa, mini quiche lorraine tartlets, and tiramisu brownie trifle. She thinks that the ganache on the brownie truffles will last for a while, and she also recommends a bar in the par pan to show how evenly the food cooks. The homeowner also recommends the white chicken chili, satay chicken pasta salad, and apple tartlets.
Symara
Gold Member
Ok, so I'm new and having two open houses for Feb, one durring the week and one on a weekend so everyone will have an option that works best. This is for my neighborhood. I need some make ahead recipes that I can have ready. I'm working full time in addition to this, but will probably take a half day for the weekday open house.

Does anyone have any suggestions for recipes that can be good set up samples to put next to the products they were made in? Type of product is not problem since I have a friend at work that has just about everything PC has made.

Greek cheese torta, brownie truffle cups, apple berry salsa with cinnamon chips, mini quiche lorraine tartlets (make ahead and then warm in the oven).

I'll see what else I can think of!

I was thinking about those brownie truffles, and putting the ganache on them at the last moment. How long do you think the ganache will last before it melts?

It will be fine at room temp, it is firm enough. You can also store it in the EAD in the fridge, and let people use it to top their own one, and add a garnish (sliced almonds, cherries, strawberry slice (if you have the egg slicer).

Oh, and something to show off the stoneware... Maybe a bar in the par pan to show how evenly it cooks?

I love the brie w/ the apricot and pecans. I skip the hot pepper.

The tiramisu brownie trifle always looks nice. I have made the white chicken chili only I substituted 1 can of red kidney beans because I like color (yes, so then it was not technically white but it looked a lot better). I also prepared the satay chicken pasta salad the night before and added some extra dressing just before serving. and the apple tartlets can be made the day before too - less caramel, another apple. I made these recipes for an open house - all the recipes from the new season's best. Went over well and many of my guests bought a season's best besides some other things.

1. Can I make all my dishes ahead of time for an open house?

Yes, you can make most dishes ahead of time for an open house. This will help alleviate stress and allow you to enjoy the event with your guests. However, some dishes may not hold up well if made too far in advance, so it's best to check the recipe or ask your consultant for specific recommendations.

2. How far in advance can I make appetizers for an open house?

Appetizers can be made up to a week in advance for an open house. Store them in an airtight container or freeze them until the day of the event. Thaw frozen appetizers in the refrigerator before reheating or serving.

3. Can I make desserts ahead of time for an open house?

Yes, most desserts can be made ahead of time for an open house. Cakes, cookies, and other baked goods can be stored in an airtight container or frozen until the day of the event. Some desserts, such as fruit tarts or custard-based desserts, may be best made the day of the event for optimal freshness.

4. How do I store make-ahead dishes for an open house?

Make-ahead dishes should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator until the day of the event. If freezing, make sure to label and date the containers. Thaw frozen dishes in the refrigerator before reheating or serving.

5. Can I make main dishes ahead of time for an open house?

Yes, main dishes can be made ahead of time for an open house. Casseroles, soups, and stews are great options that can be made in advance and reheated before serving. Some dishes, such as grilled meats or dishes with crispy components, may be best made closer to the event to ensure freshness and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
leahevanson
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom