• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some crowd-pleasing potluck dishes?

In summary, Jessica is having a hard time coming up with a dish for a potluck at her daughter's school, and she asks for suggestions. Jessica's suggested dish is a salad in the trifle bowl, and another person suggests a taco dip or pasta salad in a stainless bowl.
jchesley
I have to bring a dish for a potluck at my dd's school on Saturday. I am having a brain f@rt and can't think of a recipe that will do well. I thought at first I could do a salad in my trifle, but I am not sure I want to risk it getting broken with all the little kids running around. Any ideas?

Jessica

How about a salad in the SA large square bowl? You can put it into the Woven Square, which will add handles and make it easy to carry.

Otherwise:
Taffy Apple Pizza (unless you're trying to stay away from peanuts with the recipe)
Clubhouse chicken squares (cut them into bite-size pieces)

I bring a taco dip in the rect. chillzanne to a lot of potluck dinners... or, a pasta salad in a stainless bowl - they both transport well!

jchesley said:
I have to bring a dish for a potluck at my dd's school on Saturday. I am having a brain f@rt and can't think of a recipe that will do well. I thought at first I could do a salad in my trifle, but I am not sure I want to risk it getting broken with all the little kids running around. Any ideas?

Jessica

I use the trifle bowl for potlucks at church all the time. I do not take it on the pedestal. I figure that way it is more sturdy sitting directly on the table.

I have taken a Mississippi Cornbread Salad in it several times.

jrstephens said:
I use the trifle bowl for potlucks at church all the time. I do not take it on the pedestal. I figure that way it is more sturdy sitting directly on the table.

I have taken a Mississippi Cornbread Salad in it several times.

What is a Mississippi Cornbread Salad??

chefheidi2003 said:
What is a Mississippi Cornbread Salad??

Here you go:

Mississippi Cornbread Salad
presented by Lake Guntersville Bed & Breakfast

1 (8 1/2-ounce) package cornbread muffin mix
1 (1-ounce) envelope Ranch-style salad dressing mix
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
3 large tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
2 cups (8-ounce) shredded Cheddar cheese
10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
2 (15 1/4-ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained

1. Prepare cornbread muffin mix according to package directions; cool. Stir together salad dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise until blended; set aside.
2. Combine tomatoes and next 3 ingredients, gently toss.
3. Crumble half the cornbread into Trifle Bowl. Top with half each of beans, tomato mixture, cheese, bacon, corn and dressing mixture; repeat layers. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Yields; 8 to 10 servings.
Your recipe for one (8-inch) square pan of cornbread may be substituted.

thank you jennifer and sorry jessica i didn't mean to hijack your thread.

chefheidi2003 said:
thank you jennifer and sorry jessica i didn't mean to hijack your thread.

That's ok, I was wondering what that was too! It sounds yummy. :) I have to confess, I have never used my trifle bowl. :blushing: So I think I might as well try it without the base.

Jessica

I have done this MCS for potlucks and shows and there is never any of it left. I normally cut the beans and corn to one can when I take it somewhere but the shows I have done it for they have used they whole amount. I have served it with the dressing already in it and I have served it with the dressing on the side in a SA piece. I like it better with the dressing in it but then some people like to choose the amounr of dressing they get on it.

I bring trifles in my TB to potlucks at school all the time - haven't had an issue yet!

If you want it to be more secure you can use those little glue dots or pottery tacky to temporarily adhere the base to the bowl. Then try to place your dish more to the middle of the table. With the added height of the stand it doesn't need to be near the front to get noticed (you don't have to bring home a bunch of questionable leftovers).

We are having a special "Rally Day" at our church Sunday (have special singers come in...kind of like a big picnic day...) and I am making the chocolate chip canolli dip from SB a few seasons ago and serving it with chocolate graham sticks. Also making the double chocolate cinnamon dip in this seasons SB and serving it with mini vanilla wafers. The kids always LOVE something like this!

Related to What are some crowd-pleasing potluck dishes?

1. How do I find potluck recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

To find potluck recipes on the Pampered Chef website, you can use the search bar and type in keywords such as "potluck" or "potluck recipes". You can also browse through the recipe categories and look for dishes that are labeled as potluck-friendly.

2. Can I adjust the serving size for potluck recipes?

Yes, most of our potluck recipes have a serving size adjustment feature where you can easily change the number of servings to accommodate a larger or smaller group.

3. Are there any potluck recipes that are allergy-friendly?

Yes, we have a variety of potluck recipes that can accommodate allergies or dietary restrictions. You can use the filters on our website to search for recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, etc.

4. How can I save my favorite potluck recipes on the Pampered Chef website?

To save your favorite potluck recipes on our website, you can create an account and add them to your personal recipe box. You can also save recipes by clicking the heart icon next to the recipe title.

5. Can I submit my own potluck recipe to the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, we welcome our customers to share their own potluck recipes on our website. You can submit your recipe through the "Submit a Recipe" link on our website and our team will review and potentially feature it on our site.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • jdavis
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies