• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Delicious Potatoes for Church Potluck

In summary, for the church potluck tomorrow, the person is considering making a potato side dish in a rectangular baker. They are also thinking about making cheesy potatoes with Velveeta or tossing them with garlic and butter. They are looking for tips on using their ice cream maker for the first time. They are also considering making a Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza or a loaded potato casserole. Tips for using an ice cream maker include freezing the bowl beforehand, not overfilling the bowl, and letting the ice cream "ripen" in the freezer after churning.
jdavis
I am going to a church potluck tomorrow and was thinking about making some kind of potato side dish in the rectangular baker, they are doing the burgers and dogs, and lots of homemade icecream (speaking of I am going to break out my icecream maker for the first time so if anyone has any tips on this I would greatly appreciate them). If not I am actually thinking of making plain ole' cheesy potatoes made with velveeta. Unless someone has any other ideas, or maybe I'll try to toss with some garlic and butter.:confused:

I don't know, I have been looking through recipes and all, but my thing is it will take about 20 minutes to get there, and I don't have the carrier to keep it warm, I know the stoneware stays warm but long enough to get there, and them do all their thing, then it will be okay by time to eat.:confused:

TIA
Jen

Favorite Pot Luck RecipeDuring the summer, my favorite thing to bring is the Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza (recipe attached). I serve it on the round woven...Press and Seal sticks perfectly to it! It's always a hit, and great served cold!

HTH!!!!

Attachments

• Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 493
One idea could be to make a loaded potato casserole using the rectangular baker. You could mix cooked diced potatoes with cooked bacon, shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions, and then bake in the baker until heated through and bubbly. This would be a hearty and delicious side dish that could be served at room temperature. As for the homemade ice cream, some tips for using an ice cream maker include making sure the bowl of the machine is completely frozen before using it, and not filling the bowl with too much mixture (as it will expand as it churns). Also, be sure to let the ice cream "ripen" in the freezer for a few hours after churning to allow it to fully set. Good luck!

1. How do I prevent my potatoes from getting mushy when preparing them for a church potluck?

To prevent mushy potatoes, make sure to not overcook them. Test the potatoes with a fork to see if they are tender, and remove them from heat immediately. Also, try using waxy potatoes like red or Yukon gold, as they hold their shape better when cooked.

2. What is the best way to season potatoes for a church potluck?

The best way to season potatoes for a potluck is to use a combination of herbs and spices such as garlic, onion powder, and dried herbs like thyme or rosemary. You can also add some salt and pepper to taste. Toss the potatoes in the seasoning before cooking to ensure even distribution.

3. Can I make the potatoes ahead of time for a church potluck?

Yes, you can make the potatoes ahead of time for a potluck. Cook the potatoes until they are just tender, then let them cool and store them in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, reheat them in the oven or microwave until heated through. You may need to add a little bit of water or butter to prevent them from drying out.

4. What is the best method for cooking potatoes for a large church potluck?

If you are cooking for a large potluck, the best method is to roast the potatoes in the oven. This allows for even cooking and is easy to do in large batches. You can also use a slow cooker to cook the potatoes, which is great for keeping them warm and tender.

5. Can I use different types of potatoes for a church potluck?

Yes, you can use different types of potatoes for a potluck. Russet, red, and Yukon gold are all great options. Just keep in mind that different types of potatoes may have different cooking times, so adjust accordingly. You can also mix and match different types of potatoes for a more diverse and flavorful dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CyndiWilliams
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • esavvymom