• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some cheap and crowd-pleasing recipes for a free cooking show?

In summary, the conversation is about sharing recipes for cheap but delicious appetizers and desserts to use for free cooking shows. Suggestions include Profiterole Puffs, Tomato Basil Squares, and veggie pizza. The recipe for Tomato Basil Squares is shared and tips for rolling out the crust are given. The use of tools from the Super Starter Kit for recipe demos is also mentioned. There is discussion on using a Large Round Stone as a substitute for a Rectangle Stone.
heat123
Silver Member
Hi to all who offer FREE cooking shows to hosts!

Just wondering (since I am going to start offering them to raffle leads) What recipes do you use that are cheap for you to buy, yet everyone will really like? Either desserts of appetizer recipes?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I love making the Profiterole Puffs. I believe it costs me around $3 per recipe and makes 24 puffs!

Easy and inexpensive and showy is Tomato Basil Squares, an "oldie but goodie"...

scottcooks said:
Easy and inexpensive and showy is Tomato Basil Squares, an "oldie but goodie"...

That is my all time favorite to do at a show. I haven't had anyone that has not loved them, (even people that don't like tomatoes).

Me too - nothing beats the Tomato Basil Squares. I have gone the extra step and added shredded chicken or bacon. Sooo good. They have to be my favorite show recipe.

Thanks for your input! I forgot about the TBS! They were yummy as I recall!

I make a veggi pizza..... it's simple and easy... you dont' always have to use zuccinni or squash.... their are other things that you canuse... my host today didn'tuse those,, she wanted it colorfull, so we used carrotts, and green,red, and yellow pepers, olives, etc.......

heat123 said:
Thanks for your input! I forgot about the TBS! They were yummy as I recall!
Is someone willing to post the Tomatoe Basil Squares? Sounds delicious :)

Thanks;

liz

It's in the All the Best Cookbook

1 package (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated fresh parmesan cheese
2/3 cup mayo
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp. dried
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 plum, or roma tomatoes

1 preheat oven to 375. Using lightly floured bakers roller, roll pizza crust to within 1 inch of edge of Rectangle stone. Sprinkle crust with 1 cup of Mozarella cheese; set aside

2 Using deluxe cheese grater, grate Parmesan cheese into small batter bowl. Add remaining mozarella cheese, mayo, basil, and garlic pressed with garlic press; mix well

3 Using US&G or Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes; arrange evenly over crust. Using Medium Schoop, scoop cheese mixture evenly over tomatoes; spread evenly. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm.

Yield: 20 servings!

I often use our pizza crust and make 2, or use the large bar pan! Then you might sale some dough and pizza crusts too!

Last edited:
MissChef said:
It's in the All the Best Cookbook

1 package (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 cup (1 oz) grated fresh parmesan cheese
2/3 cup mayo
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp. dried
1 garlic clove, pressed
4 plum, or roma tomatoes

1 preheat oven to 375. Using lightly floured bakers roller, roll pizza crust to within 1 inch of edge of Rectangle stone. Sprinkle crust with 1 cup of Mozarella cheese; set aside

2 Using deluxe cheese grater, grate Parmesan cheese into small batter bowl. Add remaining mozarella cheese, mayo, basil, and garlic pressed with garlic press; mix well

3 Using US&G or Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice tomatoes; arrange evenly over crust. Using Medium Schoop, scoop cheese mixture evenly over tomatoes; spread evenly. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares; serve warm.

Yield: 20 servings!

I often use our pizza crust and make 2, or use the large bar pan! Then you might sale some dough and pizza crusts too!
Thanks,

I should've known it would involve crust being rolled out :( I have a horrible time getting any crust rolled out properly :( Some PC host I am :(

SOUNDS DELIC OTHERWISE AND THANKS SO MUCH :)

Rolling out crust!Make your show interactive, and have a guest or host roll out the crust for you!

great tip, chefbeckyD! I also find that The PC pizza dough rolls out pretty easily!
Also, spend some time practicing at home, shoot it's a right off! Try with oiled hands, (spritz your hands), lots of flour, or I love using cornmeal! Not to much and I use flour too, but cornmeal makes the crust even better!
Good luck!

Since I'm concentrating on recruiting these days, I only use tools included in the Super Starter Kit for recipe demos for my shows. (I bring along lots of my other stuff, but the demo is strictly SS Kit tools.)

Does anyone think I could substitute the Large Round Stone for the Rectangle? Will it affect baking time?

Thanks,
Rebecca

HI Rebecca,

I don't see why you couldn't use the large round stone. The only thing
is the pizza crust that comes out of a can is generally easier to turn
into a rectangle in my opinion.

PamG

Soothenrelax said:
Thanks,

I should've known it would involve crust being rolled out :( I have a horrible time getting any crust rolled out properly :( Some PC host I am :(

SOUNDS DELIC OTHERWISE AND THANKS SO MUCH :)

I was having the same problem, but it is so much easier using the rectangular stone instead of the round one. Also, start with really cold crust because once it sits out it is hard to work with. I have been practicing and I feel a lot more confident with my pizza crust. The roller really helps if it is floured.

Instead of using the refridearated crust that you and buy in the grocery stores, try using the crust that you can purchase through PC,, I used it yesterday at ashow and it was a Huge it!!!!

I like using the refrigerated pizza crust but it took me awhile to learn that when I get to a show to open it & let it rest or sit. Then it's easier to work with when rolling it out. My director always made it look so simple when she was my consultant! Then I asked her what the trick was...

With TBS I actually like........using French Bread dough better, this was a tip from someone, who's name is escaping me at the moment, and I had a huge show and we made 2, one of pizza dough and 1 with french bread dough, I gave "little" bites of each to start and the french bread dough went quicker than the other.

I LOVE the idea of chicken or bacon on it, I might even try it with both!!

Yum, now I'm hungry and going to have to try this one again soon,

Lisa

I decided to try and use the Pc's pizza crust mix so the guest would know what it tasted like.. and would want to buy some of the pantry items.. well to my surpise it worked..... everyoen of the guest and even my host bought a box and some other pantry items.... plus it didn't take me long at all to roll it out and put it in the oven!!

If you find working with pizza dough difficult you might try making "mini" pizzas. I have a hard time with pizza dough but found that if I take the "ball" of pizza dough and seperate it into 8 balls then roll each ball out you get quick & easy mini-pizzas which my guests have been raving about as many of them have small children and loved the "child size" servings where the kids get an entire pizza for themselves.

Last edited:
I took the dough out and let it sit and rest but the problem was it didn't want to roll out after that.It took me 30 mins jsut to get it rolled out, that was the last itme I used refrigerated pizza dough.

What is a free cooking show recipe?

A free cooking show recipe is a recipe that is demonstrated during a Pampered Chef cooking show, usually by a consultant, and is available to guests for free. It is a way for guests to try out new recipes and products before making a purchase.

How can I obtain a free cooking show recipe?

You can obtain a free cooking show recipe by attending a Pampered Chef cooking show, either in person or online. The recipe will be demonstrated during the show and you will receive a copy to take home with you.

Are all Pampered Chef recipes available for free?

No, not all Pampered Chef recipes are available for free. Some recipes may be exclusive to certain products or promotions and may not be available for free. However, there are many free recipes available for guests to try.

Can I make substitutions in a free cooking show recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in a free cooking show recipe. The recipes are meant to be versatile and customizable to your preferences and dietary restrictions. Your Pampered Chef consultant can also offer suggestions for substitutions.

Do I need to purchase any products to receive a free cooking show recipe?

No, you do not need to purchase any products to receive a free cooking show recipe. The recipes are provided as a complimentary resource for guests to try out new products and recipes. However, if you are interested in purchasing any products, your consultant will be happy to assist you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
blueikaos
  • smartcookie