• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What About Bed and Breakfasts???

In summary, Debbie has been thinking about ways to get more sales from Bed and Breakfasts. She was thinking of contacting them to book shows and to get the owners new kitchen items or new recruits. She also thought of sending a flyer to the owner of a B&B in Vermont.
Momma23boys
Silver Member
Has anyone ever tried contacting Bed and Breakfasts to get more sales?? I was thinking that it would be a good way to book shows and get the owners new stuff for their kitchens..
And possibly new recruits?? since they could sell the items in gift baskets to guests, and gift certificates.
I've had this idea since I've started (a year ago!) and I am too chicken to do it. :eek: I am not sure if it would be soliciting ~ calling someone cold and asking Hey, ya wanna buy??:confused:
What do you think???

That's a neat idea. Have to think more on how it would work best but wouldn't it be a fund place to have a show!

I know... chicken little me~ I have lists of awesome things..
Basket ideas.. oohhhhh...arrggghhh so much stuff I have thought about!
Basically, would you think a business owner would be irritated at phone time possibly lost at me (a complete stranger) talking to them about Pampered Chef??
I hardly ever get nervous.. but just thinking about offending someone has me sweating bullets..

What a great idea!
Momma23boys said:
Has anyone ever tried contacting Bed and Breakfasts to get more sales?? I was thinking that it would be a good way to book shows and get the owners new stuff for their kitchens..
And possibly new recruits?? since they could sell the items in gift baskets to guests, and gift certificates.
I've had this idea since I've started (a year ago!) and I am too chicken to do it. :eek: I am not sure if it would be soliciting ~ calling someone cold and asking Hey, ya wanna buy??:confused:
What do you think???

My husband and I go to at least two bed and breakfast's a year for my brithday and for our anniversary. I LOVE THEM!!
I usually don't like to think about PC when I'm out and about on a romantic weekend but my husband would be all for it if I can get some sales. I will be sure to bring some catty's along next time and talk to the owner. It's worth a shot. I have thought about offering PC discounts and coupons for those who stay at B&B's here in town. I'll let you know how it works out.
Debbie :D
Debbie :D

You know, I actually prefer to go in face to face vs. cold calls. Another thing you could do is send a letter with limited info saying you're going to be calling them. I'm doing something similar with Realtors for February. I'm hoping next week I'll have time to get it all together. Basically I'm putting together packages including the heart trivet and trying to promote the fact they are helping the food banks as well I put one together with the deep dish baker, put shredded material in the bottom, put the lid tilted inside, place the heart trivet on one side and a seasoning on the other then wrap in plastic wrap and tie with a bow. With stoneware on sale I can give a great deal. I figure an additional discount for purchases over a certain amount. Turn it into a show and it's an even better deal.

That's what I was thinking.. face to face would be better (somewhat more nerve wracking maybe) but the only thing was the time factor..
The deep covered baker w/ the heart trivet is great..
I have been researching all the different ones in the area but they are fairly spread out..
I am such a dork~ I was thinking of getting them to HOST a show.. not even getting orders together to make INTO a show.. see! that is why I LOVE this site!
Thank you!!!
any more input would be great!

A friend of mine went to a very fancy expensive place once and she said they served PC coffee!! Of course that is out of the question now :mad:

jenniferlynne said:
A friend of mine went to a very fancy expensive place once and she said they served PC coffee!! Of course that is out of the question now :mad:

Send her a Going Going Gone Flyer!!!:)

pcleah said:
Send her a Going Going Gone Flyer!!!:)

Maybe they will buy out whatever Pampered Chef's warehouse has in stock for their coffee!

We stayed at a B&B, just last night. I did give her my business card and a spice sample. She was into Princess House china products and said all the pieces she was serving breakfast on, this morning, were Princess House.

My one and only recruit is the owner of a B&B in Vermont. I had been there for a Quilter's weekend, and took some of my Pampered Chef stuff with me, and sold her the Tool Turn About. A week later she called and said she wanted to become a Pampered Chef. It has worked out well for her. She signed in Nov. 05. I have another local B&B owner who said she was interested in having a party but we have not pinned down a date. Her business is seasonal in this area, at best.

I think you have a great idea, and encourage you to follow through with it!

Thanks Grandmarita! I have a list of local Band B's I will visit and show the products to. I actually have a friend at my massage school that owns a B & B.. I'll see about her too!

I love B&B's!! There is not one near me though. I would contact them if any were close by - you never know.

I've gone to clubhouse managers in local subdivisions and asked to put together a vendor showcase. Then I call other home based business vendors and invite them to attend. We aren't charged a fee and all we have to do is make flyers that the managers pass out for us. I put together a $500 show doing this AND the manager at one place has asked if I'd be willing to do cooking classes once a month. I did the first one this week and we had only 4 people show, but $120 in sales so it was worth my time. Hoping next time will be more people as word of mouth spreads.

hookcs said:
I've gone to clubhouse managers in local subdivisions and asked to put together a vendor showcase. Then I call other home based business vendors and invite them to attend. We aren't charged a fee and all we have to do is make flyers that the managers pass out for us. I put together a $500 show doing this AND the manager at one place has asked if I'd be willing to do cooking classes once a month. I did the first one this week and we had only 4 people show, but $120 in sales so it was worth my time. Hoping next time will be more people as word of mouth spreads.

Can you send me a copy of your flyer? It sounds very interesting as we have a no solicitation policy in our complex and maybe I can try a different approach here. Thanks.

Related to What About Bed and Breakfasts???

What is a bed and breakfast?

A bed and breakfast, also known as a B&B, is a type of lodging that typically offers overnight accommodations and breakfast in the morning. They are typically smaller and more intimate than hotels, often located in historic homes or buildings.

What amenities can I expect at a bed and breakfast?

Amenities can vary depending on the specific bed and breakfast, but most offer cozy and comfortable guest rooms, complimentary breakfast, and common areas for guests to relax and socialize. Some may also offer additional amenities such as free Wi-Fi, private bathrooms, and on-site activities.

Are bed and breakfasts suitable for families?

Many bed and breakfasts welcome families, but it is always best to check with the specific B&B beforehand. Some may have age restrictions or may not offer amenities for children. However, there are also bed and breakfasts that cater specifically to families, with larger rooms and family-friendly activities.

Do all bed and breakfasts serve breakfast?

Yes, the name "bed and breakfast" refers to the fact that breakfast is typically included in the cost of the stay. However, the type and quality of breakfast can vary greatly from B&B to B&B. Some may offer a simple continental breakfast, while others may serve a full gourmet meal.

How do I find and book a bed and breakfast?

There are many websites and directories that list bed and breakfasts, such as Airbnb, Booking.com, and BedandBreakfast.com. You can also search for specific B&Bs in the area you wish to visit. Once you have found a B&B you are interested in, you can typically book directly through their website or by calling them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefRenee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies