• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should Be the Prize for My Year-Long Host Promotion?

In summary, Passion Parties are a great way to meet new people and get booked for future shows. Hosts of shows in 2007 can enter a drawing to win a $1,000 Visa gift card. However, the incentive may not be enough for some consultants.
pamperedinvegas
Hi All,

I attended a Passion Party yesterday. It was fun and I got a booking :)

While I was there I came across a great idea to incorporate in my PC business. Each of their hosts is entered into a drawing to win a cruise for two.

Since we are entering a new year, I am thinking about doing a year long promotion. If you host a show in 2007, your name will be entered into a drawing. At the end of the year I will hold a party for my hosts and have the drawing. I think this would be a great way to entice people to book a show at parties, fairs & etc.

I am not sure what the prize should be? I am thinking about a $1,000 Visa gift card. BUT what if this is a bust and by this this time next year...I'll have to cough up $1,000 :eek: But my entrepreneur side says to take a chance & a gamble.

Well, you have a year to set aside the $1000. You can get a card and just put something on it each month. You could always qualify it with "24 show minimum qualification" or whatever it would be for you to cover the cost and make some $.

What if you do this with 2 or 3 other consultants in your cluster to split the cost? Then everyone who books a show with you or one of the other consultants can get entered into the drawing and then you split the cost of the Visa card at then end. And all of you will benefit from the bookings.

Either that or give away something else, like the 7 piece cookware set!

I like the idea of a year long promotion! Gives another reason to hosts to book in January or February!

pamperedinvegas said:
Hi All,

I attended a Passion Party yesterday. It was fun and I got a booking :)

While I was there I came across a great idea to incorporate in my PC business. Each of their hosts is entered into a drawing to win a cruise for two.

Since we are entering a new year, I am thinking about doing a year long promotion. If you host a show in 2007, your name will be entered into a drawing. At the end of the year I will hold a party for my hosts and have the drawing. I think this would be a great way to entice people to book a show at parties, fairs & etc.

I am not sure what the prize should be? I am thinking about a $1,000 Visa gift card. BUT what if this is a bust and by this this time next year...I'll have to cough up $1,000 :eek: But my entrepreneur side says to take a chance & a gamble.

I think just the chance to win $200 would be enough to get them to come to your show - or give away 4 $50 gift cards to restaurants or home depot, or two $100 Pampered Chef gift certificates in Sept/October - plenty of time for them to use them to buy gifts and you'll have your hosts there to book off of for Nov sale-a-thon

Personally, I'd never give something like that.:eek: PC provides us with such great Host Bonuses, as well as Guest Specials, that (when promoted the right way, and with tremendous enthusiasm) are plenty enough to generate bookings.
I scheduled 8 shows for the next 6 weeks simply by being SO EXCITED about the Nov/Dec Host Bonuses and my "new" theme show I'm offering (Power Cooking).
Try not to recreate the wheel. When you stick with the basics and use them to your full advantage, you don't have to come up with incentives on your own. Everything can be "twisted" to make a fabulous incentive to the right person. ;)

I did a 10% cash back bonus for anyone who hosted a show in May, June or July. I said that I would take all the hosts and draw one of them to win. I would give them 10% back on whatever the winner ordered.If they had spent $100, I was only going to have to give them $10.00. That way I got the booking and they got an incentive to book with me and I still got to keep all of my money.IMHO - I think that $1000 is pretty steep! That's 5 car payments for me. Or my son's martial arts for 6 months, or most of my mortgage payment.... so, it's not something that I could do.I don't remember who does it, but I like the idea of the lady who has brunch for her top hosts at the end of the year and she gives them gifts. Maybe something like that will work?

A better way to grow your business would be to offer a chance for the gift card if they get two bookings from their show that hold in the next 2 months and are at least $250 (or whatever qualifications you want to apply).

I learned this from one of the training tapes and thought that was a great idea!
I'm going to start offering free products to hosts if they get 2 bookings from their shows starting in January. I hope it gets me rolling for the new year. I have two shows in January right now. If I can keep them growing by 2 it will be a good year!

It is so much easier for hosts to talk friends into a show then it is for us sometimes. Plus they will keep the booking so their friend isn't dissapointed.

I really like the idea of splitting the $1,000 with some other people in your cluster.

Good luck!

I did have a SLAH party and my consultant had a thing where if you get 2 bookings from your party she buys you the "mid level" host gift. I like that idea.

I like the 2 booking gift idea. You could give them a PC certificate created by you! Then it helps ensure they order at the future shows :D

jaye said:
I don't remember who does it, but I like the idea of the lady who has brunch for her top hosts at the end of the year and she gives them gifts. Maybe something like that will work?
Our cluster does this (actually a few clusters combine to do this together) and all of the directors prepare the AWESOME brunch recipes and it's at one house. We all invite our $1000 hosts and send out nice invites. See if others in your cluster and/or your director would be willing to all do it together. Ours is always lots of fun and delicious recipes. This will be my first year helping out as a director, so that should be fun.:D

I did a year long promotion this year to my top host and right now I have 2 women who are actively trying to win. I am offering the Executive 12 piece set of cookware free to my top host. I wish I had more hosts that pushed for it but I can't compain with 10 $1000 shows this year! The year isn't even over yet!:p

1. How can I win $1,000 with Pampered Chef?

To win $1,000 with Pampered Chef, you can participate in our monthly sweepstakes called "Ask Me How You Can Win $1,000". Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and ask them how you can enter for a chance to win.

2. Is there a limit to how many times I can enter the sweepstakes?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can enter the sweepstakes. Each month, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant and ask them how you can enter for a chance to win $1,000.

3. When will the winner be announced?

The winner of the "Ask Me How You Can Win $1,000" sweepstakes will be announced at the end of each month. Keep an eye on our social media channels and website for updates on the winner.

4. How will I receive the $1,000 if I win?

If you are selected as the winner of the "Ask Me How You Can Win $1,000" sweepstakes, you will be contacted by a Pampered Chef representative to arrange for the $1,000 prize to be sent to you.

5. Do I need to make a purchase to enter the sweepstakes?

No, a purchase is not necessary to enter the "Ask Me How You Can Win $1,000" sweepstakes. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and ask them how you can enter for a chance to win without making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
Replies
Views
Yakmama
  • lisacb77
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies