• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Say Goodbye to My Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, Kathleen decided to quit being a consultant because it was more hassle than it was worth and she will no longer have access to special flyers or pdfs.
kam
Staff member
Unless I miscounted, as of Nov 1st I will no longer be a Consultant. I have actually been thinking this would happen sometime in the past 3 years. Amazingly, without even trying, I have managed to somehow stay active. About 3 years ago I decided that I would let my business phase out...never thinking it would take this long.:)I am a little sad now that it is actually here, but a little relieved, too.Since I am NOT interested in doing shows and am not actively seeking shows...it was actually more of a hassle to be a Consultant. People at work know I do Pampered Chef so I would always get asked to do returns, or order replacement parts. I can't tell you how many times someone pulls me aside to tell me about a product they DON'T like. I think they think I am going to offer to return it. Many of these items are years old or bought at yard sales! :eek: In fact, last month a co-worker asked me for a catalog. I was excited until I found out she was invited to a party and the Consultant wouldn't give the host extra catalogs! Well, why should I supply a Catalog for YOUR show? YOU need to foot the bill on the catalogs if you want to MAKE MONEY. Any way, it is those kind of things that make me glad to be done. It would be different if I was active in the business.But, this was my choice, so it's OK.BUT...I will no longer have access to the host and guest special flyers or specials or recruiting pdfs to make the flyers.I am willing to continue making the flyers - if people are still interested, but someone will need to email me the pdfs. Thanks!
Kathleen

It's tough making difficult decisions. Sounds like you've thought it all the way through. I sure hope you do stick around here. You're a big part of the community :)

Let me echo Greg's sentiments. We'd miss you if you left us. I understand about letting your business go. Sounds like it's no longer your passion. I also understand about the weirdos. There's a woman I know, I love her, but she finds it necessary to tell me about every item she buys for pennies on the dollar at yard sales. Well, good for you. But, that doesn't help me. LOL!As someone who has benefited from your amazing skills, I'd be happy to share the specials with you as they become available. Of course, you'd be handicapped by the fact that I'm not always the first to check for those things. Someone else might be quicker on the draw.

Wishing you all the best! Certainly understand you decision. When it's time- it's time. I will try and email you the specials. Your filers are amazing!
Thank you so much for all you've contributed and it's so nice of you to volunteer to keep doing them.

Kathleen, I'm back on Chef Success after several months absence and just saw your post. I'm sorry you won't be a consultant any longer, but SO APPRECIATE the fact you offered to continue to do flyers. I use your 3 month flyer all the time (when I'm activity pursuing my business!) and love having all that info in one place. THANK YOU!!!!! Your effort creates a fabulous tool for us to share with hosts and guests.

I hate to see anyone leave this business. I've thought about it myself because I deal with chronic pain daily and cannot be as active as I use to. It's frustrating that PChef keeps making me start over when I have a flare up and have to put it on hold. I have a total of 17 years and I just recently had to start over AGAIN!! I had just gotten back up to $20,000. Oh well!!
Can someone help me. I'm having trouble finding a flyer that will help me. I want something to attach to old/expired (well not too old, just expired) catalogs that I can leave in public places. Like offices, breakrooms, laundromats, etc. can you tell me what to do please? Thanks! Bobbie

Welcome to the club, Kathleen. My business slid into oblivion several years ago, when I was traveling for my other job. It was tough to schedule shows in southeastern Wisconsin when I was in Ohio or West Virginia. I've been staying here for two reasons - the obvious reason is following the story of Paige but the other reason is following the adventures. There sure are a lot of former members I miss up here, too. (Where are you Janet, Ann and Leggy?)

What is "Well, I Guess This Is It..." about?

"Well, I Guess This Is It..." is a collection of recipes and meal ideas specifically designed for people who are transitioning into empty nesters or living on their own for the first time.

Who is the author of "Well, I Guess This Is It..."?

The author of "Well, I Guess This Is It..." is a Pampered Chef consultant and home cook, who has years of experience creating delicious and easy meals for her own family.

Are the recipes in "Well, I Guess This Is It..." easy to make?

Yes, all the recipes in "Well, I Guess This Is It..." are designed to be easy and straightforward, perfect for busy empty nesters or individuals living on their own.

Does "Well, I Guess This Is It..." include any dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Well, I Guess This Is It..." includes recipes for various dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free options.

Can I purchase "Well, I Guess This Is It..." through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Well, I Guess This Is It..." can be purchased through your Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. It is also available in e-book format for easy access.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Smashie