• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weird Printing Error: Foreign Language on Receipts!

In summary, the foreign language appearing on receipts is usually caused by a glitch in the software or a misconfiguration in the printer settings. To fix this issue, checking and updating the language settings on both the computer and printer may help. This error does not affect the accuracy of the receipt, and can be prevented by regularly updating the printer driver and using a compatible printer. If a foreign language receipt cannot be read, proof of purchase such as a credit card statement can be used for returns or exchanges.
amya
I just printed reciepts off of P3 for the first time. The first one came out fine, but the 2nd (I only had to print 2) came out in a different language?

The guest and hosts and my name were all fine, but the address, date, product and payment info were all written in funny looking letters and made no sense whatsoever. It almost looked like some Russian letters I've seen.

When I re-printed, everything was fine.

Anyone else have this happen?

Were you printing remotely? I know that sometimes if I send things to the printer before I plug my laptop up to the printer...it will print that weird language.

That sounds like a strange glitch in the printing system. I haven't personally experienced that, but I would suggest checking your printer settings and making sure everything is set to the correct language. It could also be a temporary issue with the website or software. If it happens again, I would contact customer support for assistance.

Related to Weird Printing Error: Foreign Language on Receipts!

1. What causes the foreign language to appear on receipts?

This type of printing error is usually caused by a glitch in the software or a misconfiguration in the printer settings. It can also occur if the printer is not compatible with the language settings on the computer.

2. How can I fix this issue?

The first step is to check the language settings on both the computer and the printer. Make sure they are both set to the same language. If that does not resolve the issue, try updating the printer driver or resetting the printer to its default settings.

3. Does this error affect the accuracy of the receipt?

No, this is simply a printing error and does not impact the accuracy of the receipt. The receipt will still contain all the necessary information for your purchase.

4. Is there a way to prevent this error from happening again?

Yes, regularly updating the printer driver and checking the language settings can help prevent this error from occurring. It is also important to use a printer that is compatible with the language settings on the computer.

5. Can I still return or exchange my purchase if the receipt is in a foreign language?

Yes, as long as the receipt contains all the necessary information such as the date, time, and amount of purchase, you can still return or exchange your purchase. If the receipt is unreadable, you can provide proof of purchase such as a credit card statement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
c00p
  • elizabethfox
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies