• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weekly Meal Plan: Ideas for Turkey Meatloaf and Potato Side Dish

In summary, to make a turkey meatloaf and potato side dish, you will need ground turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, and dried herbs. The total preparation and cooking time for this meal is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, with the meatloaf taking 45 minutes and the potato side dish taking 30 minutes. This meal can also be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to eat, and you can substitute ground beef for the ground turkey in the meatloaf and add additional vegetables to both dishes. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
ahammons
I'm trying to come up with a menu for the next week, so I can go to the grocery store tonight. I'd like to make turky meatloaf one night, but my kids don't really like mashed potatoes (which is what I normally make with meatloaf). Any ideas for another potato dish? I'm stuck and out of ideas!

I guess I should add that my 3 1/2 yr old is very picky! :rolleyes:

What about oven/steak fries?

We do Cottage Baked Potatoes. Peel potatoes and slice with mandoline. Mix Parmesean cheese, pepper and garlic from the garlic press. Place potatoes in casserole dish layering as needed. Top with mixture and finish off with some olive oil. I'm not at home so I cannot tell you what temp or time but they are really good.

Oops, realized you asked for something other than potatoes!

We like Suddenly Salad pastas with meatloaf. Steamed veggies maybe.

What about potato wedges? Just call them giant french fries!:balloon:

I use the apple wedger, and wedge the potatoes. Then toss them in a little oil (I like to mix it with a little melted butter too) and sprinkle with whatever seasonings you like. You can roast them in the oven along with the meatloaf.

Thanks for the ideas! They all sound good - and don't have too much on them, so I'm sure my DS would eat them! lol

Ooooh yes! I doubt your DS would eat them, but my new fav is to chunk potatoes (like country fried potatoes) and toss them in olive oil and onion soup mix (to taste). Bake at 400 for about an hour. Yum-o!!!

Related to Weekly Meal Plan: Ideas for Turkey Meatloaf and Potato Side Dish

1. What ingredients do I need for the turkey meatloaf and potato side dish?

To make the turkey meatloaf, you will need ground turkey, bread crumbs, eggs, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. For the potato side dish, you will need potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, and dried herbs of your choice.

2. How long does it take to make the turkey meatloaf and potato side dish?

The total preparation and cooking time for this meal is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes. The turkey meatloaf will take about 45 minutes to cook, while the potato side dish will take 30 minutes.

3. Can I make this meal ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the turkey meatloaf and potato side dish ahead of time and reheat them when you are ready to eat. Simply store the cooked meatloaf and potatoes in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, reheat in the oven or microwave until heated through.

4. Can I substitute ground beef for the ground turkey in the meatloaf?

Yes, you can substitute ground beef for ground turkey in the meatloaf if desired. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor and nutritional value of the dish.

5. Can I add additional vegetables to the meatloaf or potato side dish?

Yes, you can add additional vegetables to both the meatloaf and potato side dish. Some popular options include diced bell peppers, shredded carrots, or chopped spinach. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if adding more vegetables to the meatloaf.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
smart2cook
Replies
Views
cookinforyou