• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cute Quick Tip: Trifle Bowl with Grass & Eggs

In summary, the conversation discussed various ways to use the Trifle Bowl for decoration and show enhancement. Some ideas included filling it with wheatgrass and colored Easter grass, using it as a display for small pastel candies, and creating a show-stopping trifle with brownies, chocolate pudding, and strawberries. Suggestions for finding wheatgrass included checking organic produce sections, health food stores, and juice bars. Some participants also shared their own decorating ideas, such as using Easter grass and plastic eggs.
jrstephens
I thought the Quick Tip for the Trifle Bowl with grass and eggs was very cute. I think if I can find the grass, I am going to that at my shows this weekend.

I was thinking about that too...

I think it's a great idea and I'll be taking one for easter when we go visit family....they can book to look hopefully! And it should make a great table centerpiece that no one eats and can travel from family to family as we go (all weekend long).

I have my trifle already filled with grass and real colored eggs as a centerpiece!! I need a few more so that I don't have to dismantle it for my shows :p

I think I jsut need to order another one and use it as a display one...... that way I dont' ahve to keep taking it down for shows...

mommyhugz1978 said:
I think I jsut need to order another one and use it as a display one...... that way I dont' ahve to keep taking it down for shows...

That's how I feel too Leah! There are so many cute decorating ideas out there - but I'm always using it for food!!!

Where To Find WheatgrassWheatgrass should be available in your Organic Produce section. That is, if you have an Organic Produce section. : ) I live in Olympia, WA... I tend to forget the rest of the country isn't always as organic friendly.

Some florists and floral departments even carry it this time of year.

Other places to check might be: Food Co-Op, Health Foods Store, "Juice Bars"

If you still can't find it, you might still have time to grow your very own grass using just regular grass seed. But you would need to start it right now, indoors. Note: Please don't eat your regular grass seed once it's sprouted.

It also looks very cute in the SA Small Bowls.

Have fun!

Could someone post this? We got a different tip. TIA!

Here it is:
Quick Tip
Celebrate spring by creating this attractive centerpiece! Gently place a 3-inch tall pot of wheatgrass in center of Trifle Bowl. Fill Trifle Bowl with colored Easter grass, surrounding the pot of wheatgrass. Gently place small pastel-colored foil-wrapped candies in Easter grass. Wheatgrass can be found in the produce section of most major grocery stores.

I too could use a 2nd trifle bowl, for shows and for decorating! Hmm, may have to purchase one soon!

Winnipegk said:
Could someone post this? We got a different tip.

TIA!
Okay - so now I'm curious....what was the Canadian tip?:confused: :D

I have yellow scrunching grass with nestle crunch eggs in center. yum,yum my family loves the centerpiece...

trifle bowlwhen i put up my easter dec. I used the trifle bowl,set easter grass in bowl,stand in center places my easter tree on top and set cermic eggs in the grass....so cute

ChefBeckyD said:

Me too. Maybe each week we need to post the for each other on here since we are getting new ones. I always send an email out each with with the tip in it to my address book. This would give me two chances to contact them!

ChefBeckyD said:
Quick Tip – Show Enhancer
Director Jennifer Adams has found a fabulous way to feature our Trifle Bowl. After her demo, while guests are perusing their catalogues and making their purchasing decisions, Jennifer quickly builds a trifle. She layers brownies cut into small pieces, then chocolate pudding, then cool whip sprinkled with crushed score bars. She then slices strawberries using our Egg Slicer Plus® and stands them up around the sides of the Trifle Bowl. She repeats the layers again and garnishes with more strawberries. Easy to do and a real show stopper - Jennifer sold six Trifle Bowls to guests when she did this. Great idea ... Jennifer is going to offer this as an add-on when her hosts have fifteen guests in attendance.

I just put easter grass in mine with the cutest plastic eggs-they have polka dots! I love them! AND THEN I got the weekly bites! I can actually USE my decoration!

PS I Love the Canadian tip...

kkimpinski said:
Quick Tip – Show Enhancer
Director Jennifer Adams has found a fabulous way to feature our Trifle Bowl. After her demo, while guests are perusing their catalogues and making their purchasing decisions, Jennifer quickly builds a trifle. She layers brownies cut into small pieces, then chocolate pudding, then cool whip sprinkled with crushed score bars. She then slices strawberries using our Egg Slicer Plus® and stands them up around the sides of the Trifle Bowl. She repeats the layers again and garnishes with more strawberries. Easy to do and a real show stopper - Jennifer sold six Trifle Bowls to guests when she did this. Great idea ... Jennifer is going to offer this as an add-on when her hosts have fifteen guests in attendance.

I think she stole my easy trifle! (well, of course I got it on here..)

What is a trifle bowl and how is it used?

A trifle bowl is a large, clear glass bowl with a wide opening and a sturdy base. It is typically used to make and serve layered desserts called trifles, which consist of cake, fruit, custard, and whipped cream.

What is the purpose of using grass and eggs in a trifle bowl?

The grass and eggs serve as decorative elements in the trifle bowl, adding a touch of spring and Easter theme to the dessert. They also provide texture and dimension to the presentation of the dessert.

Where can I find grass and eggs to use in my trifle bowl?

You can find artificial grass and plastic eggs at most craft stores or party supply stores. You can also use real grass from your backyard and dyed hard-boiled eggs for a more natural and eco-friendly option.

Can I use any type of cake for the trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for the trifle, such as pound cake, angel food cake, or sponge cake. It is recommended to use a cake that is firm and can hold up to the weight of the other layers.

How do I assemble the trifle in the bowl?

Start by placing a layer of cake on the bottom of the bowl, followed by a layer of fruit, custard, and whipped cream. Repeat the layers until the bowl is almost full, leaving some space at the top. Then, add the grass and eggs on top for decoration. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
dpcharlotte
Replies
Views
Flamingo