• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wedding Gift...but They Don't Want It

In summary, a host has a guest who received a stoneware muffin pan as a wedding gift two years ago but has never used it. The host is wondering if there is anything they can do without involving the person who bought it. It is suggested that the guest contact the Home Office directly and return the pan, though it may be expensive to ship. The warranty period for returns and exchanges is within one year, but the manufacturer may replace the item after that. It is also suggested to regift the pan or sell it on eBay.
PamperedMandy2010
I have a host who has a guest coming that received a stoneware muffin pan for her wedding (about 2 years ago!) that she has never opened or used. She's asking if there's anything we can do about it. I said we need to be able to track it back to a consultant but even then is there anything we can do without getting the person who bought it involved? If it were something that I knew I'd use, I would just take it and give her a "credit" for it, but I won't. So any info/tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated

If she remembers the name of the person who bought it, the HO can probably track it down. This is definitely one of the situations in which I'd suggest the customer contact the HO directly. And, she'll have to send it back, which won't be cheap. Though, it should fit in a USPS flat rate box.

Rae, how long after a purchase can someone "switch", even with paying shipping? I thought it was just the first 30 days.

gailz2 said:
Rae, how long after a purchase can someone "switch", even with paying shipping? I thought it was just the first 30 days.

Anytime within the warranty period. But they do have to pay shipping after 30 days.

She should just regift it to someone who would really like it. I don't think it is worth the expense to mail it back... Or maybe you have a lot of recipes and ideas you can share that would make her want to keep it.

I always heard they have a year from purchase to refund or exchange and anything after that falls under manufacturing issues that can be adjusted. Who knows but have her call HO for sure, there really is nothing you can do about it.

doughmama said:
She should just regift it to someone who would really like it. I don't think it is worth the expense to mail it back... Or maybe you have a lot of recipes and ideas you can share that would make her want to keep it.

I agree..that is what I would do.

Would she take it back to Target 2 years later? NO! Sounds like she wants you to take it back and give her credit for something else. Keep it firmly as an issue that she needs to take up with HO, which she probably won't do. You could even gently mention that most stores don't take a return 2 years later. Is she not familiar with stoneware and is afraid to use it? She may decide after your demo to give it a try. Or, she could try selling it to someone at the show, which hurts your sales but creates good will. Or suggest she donate it to a church or school raffle if she doesn't want to regift it.

wadesgirl said:
I always heard they have a year from purchase to refund or exchange and anything after that falls under manufacturing issues that can be adjusted. Who knows but have her call HO for sure, there really is nothing you can do about it.

That's what I thought it was too...one year.

Worse case- she can sell it on Ebay or something (the customer, not the consultant). :)

Would she take it back to Target 2 years later?

I would use this analogy if she complains about shipping it back. Target would only take it back after 90 days; PC will take it back up to a year.
She waited too long!

Yikes, hope she doesn't complain about this at your party!

wadesgirl said:

The year is PC's after that it is the manufacture that will replace the item not return or exchange.

What is a "Wedding Gift...but They Don't Want It"?

A "Wedding Gift...but They Don't Want It" refers to a situation where a guest gives a gift to a couple for their wedding, but the couple has explicitly stated that they do not want any gifts.

Why would a couple not want wedding gifts?

There are a variety of reasons why a couple may not want wedding gifts. Some couples may already have everything they need, while others may prefer to receive charitable donations instead of physical gifts.

What should I do if the couple has requested no gifts?

If the couple has stated that they do not want any gifts, it is important to respect their wishes. Instead of giving a physical gift, you could consider writing a heartfelt card or making a donation to a charity in their name.

What if I have already purchased a gift for the couple?

If you have already purchased a gift for the couple, you can still give it to them. However, it is important to also respect their wishes and understand that they may not use or keep the gift.

Is it appropriate to ask the couple if they want a gift?

No, it is not appropriate to ask the couple if they want a gift if they have already stated that they do not want any. It is important to respect their decision and find alternative ways to celebrate and congratulate them on their special day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• catlwilles
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • RossDeb2