• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wasn't sure where to put this but how do you guys do the receipts when

lauriedip

Apr 2, 2009
wasn't sure where to put this but how do you guys do the receipts when several guests want to put orders on the same order? i've had 5 on one order! their name won't be on the receipt, is that a problem?
thanks
laurie

pkd09

Future Director
Silver Member
Feb 20, 2006
Re: receipts

Laurie: I can be a major problem if there is a warranty issue. I don't mind doing it if one guest is ordering something for under $10 that only has a one year warranty, but I don't encourage it. Sometimes a mother/daughter will add theirs together but when a group of "friends" or "co-workers" do it, it can lead to problems.

jbondr

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008

I always remind them only one name can be listed on the receipt and it is necessary to keep a copy for any guarantee information. I don't encourage it but it does happen. I only give one receipt and will not be responsible for keeping track of who all the different items belong to. Maybe it happens more than guests and hosts want me to know about.

urbnk8

Sep 10, 2007

I don't necessarily encourage it, but if people want to do it I let them. I tell them that if they combine they won't have a receipt with their own name on it, for warranty issues. If they still want to do it, I will provide them each with a copy of the receipt if they want or if I'm aware (when doing the PP+ receipts...I just print out extra copies)

pcchefjane

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2008

I guess I am the exception to this. If several people combine orders to save shipping, I make out a receipt in each name for them. I tell them that they must contact me with problems because they combined the orders and to save the receipt so they will have my name on it. I have one group who does this regularly and the last time, it was a real MESS! They combined 3-5 orders together to reach $60 for the bar board. I also gave one lady a 10% birthday discount and free shipping and she combined 2 other people's orders with hers. I was not too pleased with that since I wasn't giving the other people a birthday discount!

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008

I always stress that the warranty will be under the one name and that they will need to go through that person if a warranty issue should arise. Being military, people are always moving around, so the majority of my customers opt to just do their own order since they know that they won't be living near their "friend" in 1, 3 or 5 years. On lifetime warranty items, I REALLY stress the importance of ordering it under their own name and so far they've always grasped the concept and completed a separate order in their own name.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views