• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Multiple Customers "Saving" on Shipping?????

I always put their initials or last name on it. If someone doesn't have a receipt, I add it in their cart as a "Warranty Item" and they get a email reminder when they checkout that their product has a warranty.
jigsmom
I hope I am putting this in the right place...anyway, I would like to know how you guys handle this. I am doing a fundraiser and each board member is taking orders. Well, one lady had her office put all the orders on one form to save on the "OMG that's outrageous $4.25" shipping!!!! There are like five people on this order. Usually, if a host (cooking/catalog show) does this on an OOF with maybe two people, I will eat the difference. I AM NOT going to eat this much!! That's my RANT!!! Sorry....

My question is how do you handle this for so many people. I usually do a receipt for each person for warranty purposes (and just eat the shipping). This lady has her name on the order and initials for the different people so I do not even have names. :mad:. Some of the stuff, I think, has significant warranty and needs a receipt.

What would you do?? Do you just put all the stuff on one receipt and just get over it??? Separate??? And how without eating the shipping???? Please help this desparate crazy in Florida.....:rolleyes:

You could call her and explain that by putting it all under her name these people won't have the warranty information and see what she says. I'm sure she discussed it with them and they are in agreement, so I doubt they are even going to care since they are saving the 4.25. I would definately NOT eat the shipping cost just so they have correct info for their warranty. I wouldn't do it for this fundraiser and I wouldn't do it for my shows either. I think we have one of the least expensive shipping charges out there and if people want to combine orders to save it... then IMHO they get to deal with the results of that.

honestly, I don't make a big deal out of it. If they want to do that, then that's their issue. I'll just put it all on one order, but I'm not separating anything and if they have a warranty issue, they have to work it out themselves.

On my last fundraiser, the parents did this as well. I put a note in for each individual customer telling them that if there was any problems with their products to contact me and give me the name of the parent they ordered from. When I have someone buy less than $15, I group several orders together and divide the shipping. The individual receipt I give them is their warranty but they must deal through me. Just like yesterday I had a lady buy the Mini-Serving Spatula... If I had charged her the $4.25 shipping for the item, it would have doubled her cost and I would have lost the sale...and probably the customer. You never know if the next time they order, it will be $50!

jigsmom said:
I hope I am putting this in the right place...anyway, I would like to know how you guys handle this. I am doing a fundraiser and each board member is taking orders. Well, one lady had her office put all the orders on one form to save on the "OMG that's outrageous $4.25" shipping!!!! There are like five people on this order. Usually, if a host (cooking/catalog show) does this on an OOF with maybe two people, I will eat the difference. I AM NOT going to eat this much!! That's my RANT!!! Sorry....

My question is how do you handle this for so many people. I usually do a receipt for each person for warranty purposes (and just eat the shipping). This lady has her name on the order and initials for the different people so I do not even have names. :mad:. Some of the stuff, I think, has significant warranty and needs a receipt.

What would you do?? Do you just put all the stuff on one receipt and just get over it??? Separate??? And how without eating the shipping???? Please help this desparate crazy in Florida.....:rolleyes:

I think I know this lady! :D She sounds like one of my past hosts! I couldn't wait for that show to be over! She never paid me for some orders, but I just blessed and released. I was so sick of her and her MULTIPLE orders on one because $4.25 was just so outrageous! At least its not 10% like other DS companies! Get over it people!

Okay I'm done.

PamperedK said:
honestly, I don't make a big deal out of it. If they want to do that, then that's their issue. I'll just put it all on one order, but I'm not separating anything and if they have a warranty issue, they have to work it out themselves.

^^ This is what I do as well.

I also just give out one receipt if a couple people go in on one order. I explain they are going to have to figure out who gets the receipt. Luckily I don't have this happen a lot.

I wouldn't eat the shipping cost for multiple orders.

When someone wants to do split the shipping, I ask whose name should go on the receipt and explain the warranty situation. If they still want to split, then fine.

If the host says it doesn't matter whose name it goes under, I usually put it in the person who had the highest $ amount contributing to the order, or the person ordering the items(s) where the warranty would matter.

Thanks....I appreciate the responses!! I am just going to combine it on one and let them deal with it!! :cool:

jigsmom said:
Thanks....I appreciate the responses!! I am just going to combine it on one and let them deal with it!! :cool:

I know this happened with my last fundraiser, but I decided it wasn't a big deal, I just dealt with the order forms as them came to me.

jigsmom said:
That's what I'd do. As long as you explain the warranty and potential issue with that, you've done what you can. If I was buying something (like a stone or cookware or something with more than a 1yr warranty), the whopping $4 shipping wouldn't bother me if I knew I had a great warranty!They are "gagging on a gnat!" :D

PamperedK said:

This is exactly what I do.. :)

I do what the customer wants - I will not eat shipping costs for customers who are unwilling to pay them for themselves. I do tell people to consider that $4.25 their "warranty fee" if it makes them feel better about paying shipping because they may not be able to find the person with the receipt if there is a problem - and without a receipt or at least the name on the receipt when they call me, they don't have a warranty.

I had this happen to me last year!!! I simply said to her, Pampered Chef cannot ship this order for $4.25 And I will not ask them to, so I guess if you guys won't pay it, I'll be stuck with it. She then split it into 3 orders. ( FYI last week to solve a thorn in my side, I shipped 2 cutting boards back to HO and it cost me $9.95!!!)

I put them together if that's what they want, but I let them know that if something happens with the products the warranty follows the person who's name it is ordered in.

chefshawna said:
I put them together if that's what they want, but I let them know that if something happens with the products the warranty follows the person who's name it is ordered in.

This is what I do. I would NEVER pay for the shipping!!!

My hosts usually never tell me when they are combining orders! Or if they do, I make sure to point out to them that it will be under so and so's name if someone else has any issues. I wouldn't not eat the shipping on issues like this, that can add up fast!By the way $4.25 shipping is not horribly bad as long as they aren't getting anything under $10! For a flat rate shipping price and considering some of the items you can get in our catalog, that is a great price!

I give one receipt and tell them that those customers need to remember whose name the order was under b/c I won't have any record of their order. It's their savings so THEIR work. I'm not going to take on MORE work so that THEY save money and I would not pay for it myself.

You can also remind people, if there's something on their wish list for 'next time,' one of the host benefits is FREE shipping, along with FREE product!

I guess you could print several of the same sales receipt and give every one their own. Though it wouldn't be in their name.

What ever you chose - don't eat the shipping! That is taking customer service too far.

My two cents...it's never even occurred to me to split it up. If a couple of people want to split that outrageous shipping charge, they're welcome to it. I also let them know about the potential warranty issues.

I've started something fairly new at my shows, however. When I'm going through the booking slide and I get to the Free Shipping page, I mention how hosts get free shipping, but guests get an incredible deal as well, paying only a flat $4.25 for their entire order...they could order the entire catalog and only pay $4.25!!! How cool is that? Since I've started doing that, I've had significantly fewer people combining orders (mostly it's outside orders that do it).

It just cracks me up when I over hear guests crabbing about our shipping fees. I just hold my tongue and like everyone else remind them about the warranty info being needed. So they better keep track of whose name the order goes in under. I'm gonna start hitting out shipping fees during my demo. " and just to let you know Mary will receive free shipping today with her order as part of our hostess program. our flat rate shipping fee is just $4.25 per order, now I know that that sounds like a lot but I just bought some tupperware and paid $16.48 in shipping costs for 3 bowls that probably weighed less than a pound. So our $4.25 for your entire order is very reasonable. or something to that effect.

Wow. $4.25 S&H. Actually, that is not bad. Up here in Alaska, we have to pay 15% + $2 on each order. The customers who balk are usually the ones who are new to Alaska. I usually say something like 'Yeah, the S&H is kinda steep, but on the plus side when PC receives the order it usually arrives on the doorstep in a few days!' Most everyone in AK is used to paying high S&H.

For fundraisers, I give a custom made order form that actually states on the very top that it's REQUIRED that all information must be filled out for all warranty purposes. If I find people are lumping orders together...that's fine...but like all others I do communicate that the persons name and contact info that's on the form will be issued the sales receipt. If there's any need for a product return or exhange w/in that warranty period, they'll have to track down the receipt holder and THAT person will need to be the one to handle it w/ me or the home office.

I make it so it seems easier to them to "break down and pay the shipping rate" so they can have their "own receipt" and not have to play chase in the future if they have a problem with any product. If they choose to still combine, that's fine...it's their choice and thus they agree that they don't mind jumping some hoops and go on a goose hunt for the receipt holder in the future.

Seriously, I can't go in with my friends to Target and buy tons of stuff, on one ticket, to cash in on some savings and expect Target to issue each and every one of us individual receipts in case we need to exchange or return something.

At my shows, I talk up how FABULOUS our shipping rate is. I tell them it's a massively discounted rate and they can even order 200 lbs of product and they'll only pay the flat $4.25 rate. That's incredibly cheap and such a great value considering the cost of gasoline...blah blah blah. :)

PamperedK said:

That's exactly how I handle it. If they want to put orders together, they can do it. But I just give it to them as one order and they can take care of the rest... it's their issue, not mine.

Aunticooks said:
It just cracks me up when I over hear guests crabbing about our shipping fees. I just hold my tongue and like everyone else remind them about the warranty info being needed. So they better keep track of whose name the order goes in under. I'm gonna start hitting out shipping fees during my demo. " and just to let you know Mary will receive free shipping today with her order as part of our hostess program. our flat rate shipping fee is just $4.25 per order, now I know that that sounds like a lot but I just bought some tupperware and paid $16.48 in shipping costs for 3 bowls that probably weighed less than a pound. So our $4.25 for your entire order is very reasonable. or something to that effect.

I think you have the right idea and I don't know if you want suggestions, but I would never compare us directly to another company. You never know who is sitting there who is a Tupperware consultant or who knows someone who is. I would just say that $4.25 is a great deal, considering you can buy anything in the catalog and pay only $4.25. You could say that some other companies charge a lot more, but I wouldn't recommend pinpointing Tupperware or any other company.

PamperedK said:
I think you have the right idea and I don't know if you want suggestions, but I would never compare us directly to another company. You never know who is sitting there who is a Tupperware consultant or who knows someone who is. I would just say that $4.25 is a great deal, considering you can buy anything in the catalog and pay only $4.25. You could say that some other companies charge a lot more, but I wouldn't recommend pinpointing Tupperware or any other company.

Excellent point. It's never a good idea to single out any other DS company for comparison. It makes one look petty and, sometimes, desperate. You can mention that "other companies have a percentage shipping, but when you order from us you can get as much as you want for only $4.25 shipping and handling, no matter how much it weighs." That gets the point across without bad-mouthing another company. Because someone, somewhere, will interpret it as bad-mouthing, even when it's just a statement of fact.

1. How can multiple customers save on shipping when ordering from Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a "group order" option where multiple customers can combine their orders, and the shipping cost will be divided equally among all the customers. This allows everyone to save on shipping costs.

2. Is there a minimum number of customers required to qualify for group order shipping?

Yes, there needs to be a minimum of 3 customers in a group order for the shipping cost to be divided among them. If there are less than 3 customers, each customer will be responsible for the full shipping cost.

3. Can I add items to a group order after it has been placed?

Unfortunately, once a group order has been placed, no further changes can be made to it. If you would like to add items, you will need to create a new order and join the group order again.

4. How do I join a group order?

To join a group order, you will need to have the organizer's group order number. You can then enter this number at checkout, and you will be added to the group order.

5. Can I still use my own host benefits when participating in a group order?

Yes, you can still use your own host benefits when participating in a group order. However, the shipping cost will be divided among all customers, including the host, unless the host chooses to cover the full shipping cost themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • sjspchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ChefMary412