• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm, Nutty Caramel Brownies--Nut Options?

In summary, Keith wants to know what "FTW" stands for. He suggests that hazelnuts are the best because they are the light of his life.
babywings76
Gold Member
I love these and haven't made them for a while. Tonight my family wants them for dessert, but I don't have mixed nuts. I do however have: pecans, walnuts, dry-roasted peanuts, slivered almonds, and hazelnuts. All packaged separately. So....should I combine some of them, or just choose one type? I can't remember what type of nuts typically are included in a mixed nut package. What type do you think would be the best fit. (I know I probably can't go too wrong, but I'm curious for your opinions.) :D

One can never go wrong with cashews. Mmmmmm sweet delicious cashews, the light of my life.

Now, I responded without reading what nuts you had.Hazelnuts FTW!

leftymac said:
One can never go wrong with cashews. Mmmmmm sweet delicious cashews, the light of my life.

leftymac said:
Now, I responded without reading what nuts you had.

Hazelnuts FTW!

:D Okay, but what does FTW stand for?

babywings76 said:
:D Okay, but what does FTW stand for?

for the win!

Clearly I'm around high school kids too much.

I just made them for our Super Bowl party and used just peanuts and it's delish....I don't care for a lot of the nuts in the mixed nuts, so never use those. Had someone tell me at the party that she didn't have enough rolos the last time she made them and chopped up some snickers...you got the chocolate, the nuts and the caramel...works for me.

I don't do nuts, I do pretzels!

Keith, that's a phrase I haven't heard yet. Oh I feel so old that I don't even know what "kids these days are saying!" ;) Well, DH thought we should experiment, so I used a combination of all the nuts. Well, I didn't use walnuts in the mix. I think they tasted great. If I had pretzels on hand, I might've tried that because I know a lot of people have recommended it before. It was a delicious treat. Now all my workouts at the gym are out the window. :D I told DH that he must take the left-overs into work tomorrow.

1. What nut options can be used in the Warm, Nutty Caramel Brownies?

Some popular nut options for this recipe include pecans, walnuts, and almonds. You can also mix and match different nuts for a unique flavor.

2. Do I need to toast the nuts before adding them to the brownie batter?

Toasting the nuts is not necessary, but it can enhance their flavor. If you choose to toast the nuts, be sure to let them cool before adding them to the batter.

3. Can I use a nut butter instead of whole nuts?

Yes, you can substitute a nut butter for whole nuts in this recipe. Simply use the same amount of nut butter as you would whole nuts.

4. Are there any nut-free options for this recipe?

If you or someone you are serving the brownies to has a nut allergy, you can omit the nuts entirely or substitute them with chopped dried fruit, such as apricots or cranberries.

5. How should I store the Warm, Nutty Caramel Brownies?

The brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the brownies for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw them before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Leslie0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies