• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Pamper a Church Kitchen? Let Us Help You Plan the Perfect Event!

I'm sorry, I don't remember the details. Same here! I mentioned it a few months ago to the women I was working with for a women's function we were helping with. We were scrambling to find cutting boards and knives that could actually cut, and other things. I mentioned the idea of a Church Kitchen Shower. She said that the problem would be that the new items would probably walk off to other people's homes--as the kitchen is open to so many people and so many functions go on.Oh, good point. And then you have the problem of misuse. A few years ago, one of the men bought a good knife from a restaurant supply to be used in the kitchen.
janinetacey
I'm a very new consultant and would appreciate your help. I have scheduled an event to "pamper a church kitchen", basically a show at the church with the secretary being the host. I created an invitation which has been mailed and included in church newsletter (see attachment). I would like help with ideas as to what to do during the event 6:30-8:30 pm (I'm thinking people may think they can come any time between those hours). I will be making a poster( like science project) with pictures of wish list items for people to remove and order. I'd also like really inexpensive ideas for finger foods. I'm excited and I'm really nervous as I'm afraid I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• IHPM final document-1-2-2.doc
    72.5 KB · Views: 435
I have always had more luck with a sit down "show" type thing than an open house.

I would love to do something like this at a local church

Give more info if you can as you go along or afterwards - info from start to finish

Thanks.

Oh, how I wish we could do that in our church kitchen. Unfortunately, there is a "make do" philosophy. The knives and utensils look like rejects from a garage sale.

PamperedchefDaly said:
Oh, how I wish we could do that in our church kitchen. Unfortunately, there is a "make do" philosophy. The knives and utensils look like rejects from a garage sale.

Same here! I mentioned it a few months ago to the women I was working with for a women's function we were helping with. We were scrambling to find cutting boards and knives that could actually cut, and other things. I mentioned the idea of a Church Kitchen Shower. She said that the problem would be that the new items would probably walk off to other people's homes--as the kitchen is open to so many people and so many functions go on.

Oh, good point. And then you have the problem of misuse. A few years ago, one of the men bought a good knife from a restaurant supply to be used in the kitchen. He came in one day and found one of the preschool teachers using that good knife to open boxes :eek:

Ditto on use & care. Often people take church tools for granted - - everything from kitchen tools and appliances, to copier, fax, paper.

Case in point is the stemware at our church - people often 'borrow' for parties and forget to return. Mind you these are nothing ultra fancy, but we did a sit-down dinner for 400 3 years ago, then a friend had a wedding of 125 and there were only 80 wine glasses there. ???

Without specific guests being invited by the seceretary (is she inviting particular parishoners?) you are not likely to have too good a turnout. There is also the negative side of folks seeing you as using the church for your financial gain. Unless you are volunteering to donate your commission, I wouldn't suggest doing it. Instead, encourage the seceretary to do a show of her own and beef up her own kitchen.

janinetacey, I don't have any suggestions beyond making sure that people know they can order for themselves as well as for the church. This can help tremendously with overall sales, which, of course, benefits the church kitchen. Our church doesn't have a kitchen, so it's not an issue for where I attend. That said, I have done an open house to benefit a church kitchen. That was a large church with a kitchen committee. For the most someone from the committee is in charge whenever the kitchen (which usually remains locked) is in use. The host of the open house had committee members be present for a tutorial on how to use and care for the tools.

This event IS a go and the invite was mailed to church members and also put in newsletter (see my attachment). I've already received my first order by phone from someone who cannot makie it. I DO expect a very good event. I guess I was simply looking for encouragement and hoping that ya'll could give me ideas for inexpensive finger foods. I'm thinking that I'll just do "air" demos and talk, playing it by ear.

My church had one of these a few years ago and it was GREAT. It was sit down- and it was most just a LOT Of products spread out around the middle of the room- there was a small show, and then there was a list of things the church needed/wanted that our women's director had made. Then the list was passed around and people checked off the things they would be buying. It was encouraged to buy whatever you would like to donate to the church and then whatev for yourself as well- since the church would benefit from any sales.
And I'm certain the woman made the commission and I would never imagine thinking any negative thought about someone for that. She worked hard to put the party together and the church kitchen was stocked beautifully as a result.

I WILL say- a few things here and there have disappeared- which is a bummer, but not as much stuff as you'd think. Though our women's director does a WONDERFUL job of making sure eveyrone on staff and any volunteer knows that it is a BIG deal to borrow something w/o asking. She keeps tabs on anything that's "checked out"- though stuff like that isn't allowed very often. Its' mostly just for use in the church building.

Whatever you do- make the party fun- and keep the presentation side of it short. And really press the fact that if anyone needs to get anything for themselves or as a gift for anyone else- that now is teh time to do it since the church will benefit from it.

Also- i have JUST signed up to be a consultant so this is totally from the point of view of someone that has never sold this stuff b4 :)

Oh and a small giveaway or 2 never hurts :)

ha. done rambling now....

Thanks, Brendaziz!

PamperedchefDaly said:

If the church is preparing food, are you allowed to bring some of your own kitchen tools to work with?
Also, can you donate a mix and chop to the church kitchen? Word will spread about it and where it came from.

Hi Janinetacey,
I was approached by my Pastor last fall, he wanted PC kitchen products for the newly refurbished Parish kitchens. He sent out e-vites from my website, sent a flyer home with sunday school kids, and in the weekly newsletter he emails to parishioners. Long story short, the show was held in October, sales totaled over $2700, my Pastor got over $315 in FREE products, the knife block set for 60% off, and tons more using his 30% discount. I had my Pastor make up a wish list which I printed up with small pictures, then checked them off adding the buyers name (Father sent out thank yous). Customers bought for themselves as well as for the Parish kitchens. A large majority of orders came through on my website, 30 people attended the cooking show. I demo'd the Autumn Apple-Cherry Crisp, big hit!! It was my highest show ever! And my pastor would like to make it an annual event. I would love it if this happened.
I hope you have as much luck as I had.

1. How can I make my church kitchen more organized?

The first step to pampering a church kitchen is to declutter and organize the space. Start by sorting and categorizing all kitchen items, then invest in storage solutions such as shelves, cabinets, and containers. Labeling and regularly cleaning out unused items can also help maintain organization.

2. What are some must-have kitchen tools for a church kitchen?

Some essential tools for a church kitchen include a good set of knives, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, baking sheets, and pots and pans. Other helpful tools may include a food processor, blender, and slow cooker.

3. How can we incorporate healthy options into our church kitchen?

Incorporating healthy options into a church kitchen can be as simple as offering fresh fruits and vegetables as snacks or using whole wheat ingredients in recipes. You can also consider hosting cooking classes focused on healthy cooking or partnering with local farmers for fresh produce.

4. What are some budget-friendly ways to pamper a church kitchen?

There are many ways to pamper a church kitchen without breaking the bank. Some budget-friendly options include purchasing second-hand or discounted kitchen equipment, using reusable and eco-friendly products, and finding creative ways to repurpose items already in the kitchen.

5. How can we involve our congregation in pampering the church kitchen?

Involving the congregation in pampering the church kitchen can create a sense of ownership and community. You can ask for volunteers to help with organizing and cleaning, hold fundraisers to raise money for new kitchen equipment, or host potlucks to try out new recipes and gather feedback.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • tvanhowling
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
debmiz
  • esavvymom