• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Horrible Luck- Nasty Reply Email (Kinda Long)

In summary, the local nurse's registry was uninterested in hosting the event I was trying to hold. The lady on the phone was very short with me and seemed uninterested in my request. I sent her an email explaining the event and asking if she would be able to host it. She replied that the event was nothing more than a Pampered Chef party with a side-note on Breast Cancer Awareness. She suggested that I not solicit them in this fashion again.
Yakmama
I called our local nurse's registry to ask about hosting this event- and the lady was very short with me on the phone and seemed very uninterested. She wouldn't even let me explain what it was. So she said, "send me an email and I will send it on to the right people" (she is the CEO's secretary). So this is what I sent (mind you- in the call I was crystal clear that I was from Pampered Chef):Thank you for speaking to me on the phone today. I just wanted to clear up some confusion on what I am trying to do! I am new to the area- so I'm sorry if I was confusing over the phone. You sounded a little flustered- and it was definitely not my intention to put pressure on you- I really apologize. Here is a flyer for the event I am trying to hold:https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/msabc_fundraiser_flyer.pdfBasically, your organization would open it's doors and invite clients and staff members to this event. I would cook a meal or dessert for your guests as part of a cooking show. I would give time saving tips, show new kitchen products, and give some great recipes. Then your guests would enjoy the food and browse through the catalogs while they socialize. They can then purchase the products they have seen if they would like- and up to 25% of the proceeds would go to the American Cancer Society's division for Early Detection programs in Breast Cancer. These events are very fun and help a great cause. I have several women in my family who have suffered and passed from breast cancer. An aunt that I am very close to is currently suffering with breast cancer right now. This is a cause very near and dear to my heart and I am proud to be part of a business that gives so much to this organization.This event can take place at someone's home, a church, or a business. I would provide all of the food and utensils. The only thing you would have to do is open your doors and invite your friends, coworkers, clients, family, and neighbors. This can be done on any night (or even day) that is convenient to the host or hostess.Please feel free to browse the Pampered Chef products or learn more about this event if you would like at (inserted my website here).I look forward to hearing from you! If the Nurse's registry is unable to hold this event, please let me know if you are aware of any other organization that might want to open it's doors for a good cause. There is absolutely no cost to the organization itself- I supply everything that is needed.Thank you again,
MY INFO HERESo then she replied with:
This is nothing more then a Pampered Chef party, with a side-note on Breast Cancer Awareness. Please don't solicit us in this fashion again.Then I replied with:
I'm so sorry to have offended you. Just so you know I would not have made a commission- I would have donated it to the same cause.This truly is an event I was trying to do because I really believe in the cause.Again- I'm sorry. UGH- I am sooooo bad at this cold calling cold contacting stuff... I feel soooo discouraged rightnow. :cry: I do NOT take rejection well at all.

I'd say that she is not a happy person. Bless and release.

Sorry this happeded to you. I think you did everything right. She sounds nasty. I think you should just bless and release.

Rennea - are we long lost sisters? :)

I think so!!

Yakmama said:
So then she replied with:
This is nothing more then a Pampered Chef party, with a side-note on Breast Cancer Awareness. Please don't solicit us in this fashion again.

Then I replied with:
I'm so sorry to have offended you. Just so you know I would not have made a commission- I would have donated it to the same cause.

This truly is an event I was trying to do because I really believe in the cause.

Again- I'm sorry. And Thank you for being so RUDE!!!!

I think I would have added that. Well maybe not..ya maybe I would have!!

Don't let an obviously miserable person ruin your enthusiasm and passion for this cause! She's probably that Negative Nelly we have at all parties!

I think you have to look at it some from their point of view. I agree that she was rude but they probably get so much solicitation that they get sick of it.

I know where I work we get calls all the time asking for donations and we get tired of getting them.

I always feel better speaking to everyone here! My husband and I used to operate a business (an ice cream shop actually)- and know very well how many solicitations people get. I will say, though, that I never ONCE shot anyone down without first hearing what they had to say. On top of that- if I COULD help, I would. Often I would at least donate a gift certificcate, or refer them to a business that may be able to help.

I'm weird, though. I also always hear out telemarketers and gently and nicely tell them that I am not able to purchase their product at this time.

We are all just brothers and sisters in this world trying to make a living. We should all treat each other with the same respect we expect to be treated with.

::steps off soapbox::

Again- thank you for the words of encouragement- I LOVE the phrase "bless and release," I'm going to try my best to incorporate it into my every day life. I am just so sensitive I'm afraid I won't do well at this business.

Yakmama said:
We are all just brothers and sisters in this world trying to make a living. We should all treat each other with the same respect we expect to be treated with.

Yes my dear you are so right!! My husband and I own a business and recieve so many requests for money and support etc. We are NEVER rude!

Oh my gosh - I don't understand some people's rudeness!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you. This person has some issues and decided you were a nice target to take them out on. Crazy! As much as this would have upset ME (and I've recently been similarly upset and I just hate that it takes up so much energy and thought), I would say to try to bless and release. I think it was a good idea, so don't let it discourage you from supporting a great cause.

I just got some really good advice.....write a not-so-nice email as if you're going to send it to her. Then don't. Print it up and rip it up to get it out of your system. :D

I'm sorry this happend to you. But like others have said you need to bless and release.

In this business you have to learn to not take things personally. That was the hardest thing for me to learn to deal with - sometimes I still have problems with it:)!

What is the email about?

The email is about a customer who had a negative experience with a product from Pampered Chef and is expressing their frustration and disappointment.

Why did the customer have a negative experience?

The customer's product arrived damaged and when they reached out to customer service, they received a rude and unhelpful reply, adding to their frustration.

What is the customer asking for?

The customer is asking for a replacement product or a refund for their damaged item, as well as an apology for the unprofessional response from customer service.

What is the company's response?

The company apologizes for the customer's negative experience and assures them that this is not the level of service they strive for. They offer to send a replacement product and provide a gift certificate as a gesture of apology.

What can the customer do if they are not satisfied with the company's response?

If the customer is still not satisfied with the company's response, they can reach out to the company's customer service team again or escalate their issue to a higher level of management for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • jigsmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • whiteyteresa