• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Veggie Recipes for DCB: Tips from a New Consultant

In summary, the DCB can be used for a variety of dishes, including vegetarian and vegan options. Some recipes that can be made in the DCB include the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, the white turkey chili, and the Tomato Basil Spaghetti. The DCB can also be used for nightly demos, such as the easy to follow White Turkey Chili recipe. Get the color you like the best, as it is okay to use the DCB color later even
veggiemama
I am a new consultant considering investing in the DCB. At this point I only want to buy products that I will find useful in my own kitchen as well as for shows.

I have heard all the amazing meat dishes you can make with the DCB. Our family is is vegetarian. Does any one use this for veggie and/or bean dishes? Do you have any good recipes to share?

Also, would it be a okay to get it in taupe (from the fall sample products) even though it is only available for one season?

Thanks in advance for any input! This forum is so helpful!:D

The pasta primavera recipe in the dcb cookbook is outstanding and a good show recipe as well.

You could also do the loaded baked potato chowder, with the bacon on the side, at home and at shows.

Have you seen the recipe file for it in the files section? Also go onto CC and look through SB recipes and check out this link: https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/product_information/deep_covered_baker.jsp A lot of the recipes, you can just modify to remove the meat, adding extra veggies or any other things you like to cook with. I don't own the new Vegetarian cookbook, but does anyone know if there are recipes in there for the DCB?

Oh, as for the color...get the color you like the best. It's okay to use it at shows later even if it's no longer available. The cranberry color is represented well in the catalog. People who see it and love the taupe will be encouraged to order it this season as opposed to waiting for a show down the road months from now. After the season is over, you may get people asking about the taupe and being disappointed that they can't buy it, but maybe it will come back someday or end up in the outlet. It's a good lead-in to telling people about the outlet. ;)

The Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco (in the files that Amanda mentioned) can be done without the chicken for sure...it's a really nice show demo too because it shows the versatility of cooking a pasta in it, in the microwave. And if you have an omnivore crowd, you can mention (but not demo) that the chicken breasts can be cooked in the DCB/microwave as well, so it really is a one pot meal!

That's a great link- thanks! I also like to idea of cooking pasta in the DCB. I use my slow cooker a lot for beans, stews, and chili. Could I use those recipes in the DCB? Any recommendations for microwave and/or oven times and temps?

This is the Demo I've been doing for pretty much all of my nighttime shows....it could easily be Veg. by subbing veg. broth for the chicken broth...It's simple, delicious, and makes a great demo too! (I got it from a video that's been floated around...)

Tomato Basil Spaghetti

2 cans (14 oz each) of chicken broth – open with can opener

1 pound of spaghetti broken in half

Cook in DCB (lid on) in micro 16 minutes - stirring half way. (Set the timer for 8 minutes)

3-4 Roma Tomatoes – (I've been using 4)

fresh Basil (about a cup, loosely packed)

Sliced Garlic (I use two cloves)

Some Garlic oil or some of the new Rosemary oil (I just use olive oil)

sea salt

parmesan

basil first in MFP - 2-3 pumps

add tomatoes (veggie wedger, Santoku etc to chunk) and garlic (garlic slicer or garlic press) - pump

add a little garlic or rosemary oil – pump to mix together (I use about 1/3 cup olive oil)

toss with pasta (using cooks tongs) and add parmesan over the top (micro-grater)

PRODUCT LIST

DCB

Manual Food Processor

Can Opener

Cutting Board

Knife

Easy Read Measuring Cup (for Basil, and then for oil)

Small & Mini Mix n Scrapers

Veggie Wedger

Garlic peeler/slicer, or Garlic press

Hot pads

Cooks tongs

Micro-grater

Here is the white turkey chili recipe..if you take the turkey out, you might adjust cooking time on it1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons Basil Blend Canola oil (OR olive or canola)
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot waterCooking Instructions:
1. Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles using the Mix ‘n Chop.
3. Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking

I am eating the Vegan Chipotle Chili that is in the new vegetarian cookbook, uses the DCB in the microwave. It uses veggie crumbles, which if you use them, you can sub them for any ground meat a recipe calls for.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! They sound like great demos. I will get one! I can play around with adapting my slow cooker recipes, too. I need to get the new vegetarian cookbook as well.

What is a DCB?

A DCB is a Deep Covered Baker, a versatile and convenient cooking tool from Pampered Chef that allows you to cook a variety of dishes in the oven or microwave.

Can I use frozen vegetables in DCB recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen vegetables in DCB recipes. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and add a little extra liquid to prevent the vegetables from drying out.

Are there any vegetarian DCB recipes available?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian DCB recipes available. You can find them on our website or in our DCB cookbook. Some popular options include stuffed peppers, vegetable lasagna, and roasted root vegetables.

Do I need to preheat the DCB before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the DCB before using it. This ensures even cooking and helps prevent food from sticking to the bottom of the baker.

What is the best way to clean the DCB after use?

The best way to clean the DCB is to let it cool down and then wash it with warm soapy water. You can also use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to remove any stubborn food particles. Avoid using metal utensils to prevent scratching the surface of the baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
raebates