• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

USPS.com Question: Printing Postage Types?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Stamps.com to print postage for Bound-Printed Matter and Media Mail, which can save money compared to using Priority Mail. There is some discussion about the legality of using this method and the guidelines for qualifying as Bound-Printed Matter. One participant shares their positive experience with using Stamps.com.
tinat51796
A question for anyone who uses usps.com, I can see how to print postage but it's only showing priority and flat rate postage. Can't you print postage as media or bound printed matter? thanks!

I think that you have to take those to the PO, so they can ask you about them. Otherwise it would be very easy for people to abuse those types of mail.

Thanks Ann! I was afraid of that...but I can see how it could definitely be abused.

Try Stamps.comYou can print Bound-Printed Matter and Media Mail postage using Stamps.com.

It costs per month to use the service (you can get a plan as low as $7.99), but it saves me tons of money, because now when I send out catalogs or host packets I can send them as Bound Printed Matter for only $1.96 instead of the $4.20 (or whatever it is now) that Priority Mail would have cost. I never have to go to the post office anymore and I LOVE it!

Oh, and I realize that there are people out there against the idea of saving money by using Bound Printed Matter postage... it's not illegal... the guidelines are clearly defined in the stamps.com documentation and also on the usps.com website... plus I went to the post office and asked if the package I was sending really qualified as Bound Printed Matter (I showed them my host packet that I was mailing out), and they said it certainly qualifies.

Hope that helps.

=) Jen

jenm42 said:
You can print Bound-Printed Matter and Media Mail postage using Stamps.com.

It costs per month to use the service (you can get a plan as low as $7.99), but it saves me tons of money, because now when I send out catalogs or host packets I can send them as Bound Printed Matter for only $1.96 instead of the $4.20 (or whatever it is now) that Priority Mail would have cost. I never have to go to the post office anymore and I LOVE it!

Oh, and I realize that there are people out there against the idea of saving money by using Bound Printed Matter postage... it's not illegal... the guidelines are clearly defined in the stamps.com documentation and also on the usps.com website... plus I went to the post office and asked if the package I was sending really qualified as Bound Printed Matter (I showed them my host packet that I was mailing out), and they said it certainly qualifies.

Hope that helps.

=) Jen
Thanks Jen,
I just printed my 1st stamp with Stamps.com and love it (by the way love it was said with a wonderful tune) thanks for passing it along.

Related to USPS.com Question: Printing Postage Types?

1. How do I print postage for my USPS shipments?

To print postage for your USPS shipments, you can go to USPS.com and select "Print a Label" from the "Quick Tools" section. You can also use a third-party shipping platform or software that integrates with USPS to print your postage.

2. What types of postage can I print using USPS.com?

USPS.com offers several postage types for printing, including First-Class Mail, Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Media Mail, and Parcel Select. You can also print international postage for shipments outside of the United States.

3. Can I print postage for multiple shipments at once?

Yes, you can use USPS.com's Shipping Assistant feature to batch print postage for multiple shipments. This is a great option for businesses or individuals who regularly ship large volumes of packages.

4. Do I need any special equipment to print postage using USPS.com?

No, you do not need any special equipment to print postage using USPS.com. You can print directly onto adhesive labels or onto regular paper and tape the label onto your package.

5. How do I pay for the postage I print using USPS.com?

When you print postage using USPS.com, the cost of the postage will be deducted from your USPS account balance. You can add funds to your account using a credit or debit card, or by using a USPS postage label.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Adrian