• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Using Supplies From Ebay a Good Idea for New Consultants on a Budget?

Independent Consultant Agreement/3-(6) Cooking Show Invitation/40-Drawing Slip/100-New Consultants Rewards Brochure/20-Opportunity Brochure/20-Show Planner/15-Season’s Best Recipe Collection/6-Tabletop Flip Chart Binder + 3 Inserts-Executive Cookware Display Cards-Cutlery Techniques Display CardsCath
Sometimes I do that. The upcoming specials are good, flyers about the wedding registry, recruiting brochure... Some people put in flyers for theme shows they offer. Those get guests thinking beyond the usual show, and they're more likely to book.

I tell people about the outlet at checkout and if they want a discontinued item and in my newsletter. I don't talk about it at the shows because outlet purchases don't count toward a show and have to be direct shipped from the website.

A lot of people pass a binder around at shows. I haven't done this. It's a choice we make.

Pick and choose the ideas you hear to fit your style. You can't and don't want to do everything all the time...

Denarella -

Ask your recruiter if she has a cooking show live CD you can borrow. Rather than worrying so much about paperwork and things, the content of your show should be the most important (coming from someone who always worries about paperwork).

If you can get a good routine and get the recruiting hints woven into your show from DAY 1, you will be leaps and bounds ahead! My first few months I was more worried about building a customer base than recruiting, because of course I was a hobbyist/part time, but I realized fast, I missed some GREAT opportunities right under my nose.

I have my flip binder available to look at, but what you say will be just as important.

See what samples, etc. you can get from Cooking Show Live CDs on the show, recruiting and cross-selling products!

Denarella said:
....do you have to sell so much before you can have your "own" website? Or is it available off the get go?

Do you know what bag I reallllllyyyyy loved that the consultant had last night? The black PC bag for the Trifle Bowl or the Utensil Holder. Awesome!

You should be able to get it on the supply form...I think - will have to look. Otherwise, I have an older style one to sell (I now have 3 and only use 2).

The TTA (tool turn about) tote is on supply order. It's $15. You'll be able to order one after you get your contract in.

The TTA tote is VERY handy! It keeps me from getting my new consultant tote too full and heavy.

janetupnorth said:
The TTA tote is VERY handy! It keeps me from getting my new consultant tote too full and heavy.
...and corralls (spelled wrong I know) all those small tools. It's also a great place to carry your food chopper.

You should've seen my face whenI saw that bag! She was packing up and she threw it over her shoulder and I stared at her in disbelief. She looked at me and said "Whats the matter!?" I said "What does that hold? I LOVE it"

And its not even an office supply!

tlennhoff said:
You can get a PWS (personal website) as soon as you get your Pampered Chef debit card number (or they might have changed things and let new consultants use their personal credit card, I'm not sure).

Until you qualify (4 shows or $1250 in sales) your website will only work for getting orders for shows. After you qualify people will be able to place individual orders and bridal registries.
You still need the PC debit card for the PWS.

My advice? As soon as you get your Consultant number, sign up for the debit card and direct deposit (if applicable). After a few days, you can call and get your debit card number and sign up for your PWS (that's what I did).

Wow......I need to start keeping a notebook on this site! I've been cutting and pasting everything into Word... My brain is going to explode...

Thanks so much for that tip!

D

Marketplace
PC_CPR said:
Be sure, if you haven't already, to check the marketplace on this board.

Good luck!

Cath
/kitchenCPR

How do you get to this "Marketplace"?? (Sorry, I've not ever been on here much!)

Linda Aiken

On the main page, scroll down toward the bottom. Under the "Community" heading, there's a link to "Marketplace." There are rules about what can be listed there, so be sure to read the top couple of threads in there (the ones with the little push pins on them).

<h2>1. Is it a good idea for new consultants on a budget to use supplies from Ebay?</h2><p>It can be a good idea for new consultants to use supplies from Ebay, as long as they are purchasing from reputable sellers and the items are in good condition. This can be a cost-effective way to acquire supplies for your business. However, it is important to make sure that the supplies you purchase are in line with the quality and branding of Pampered Chef products.</p><h2>2. Are there any recommendations for or against using supplies from Ebay?</h2><p>Some consultants may recommend using supplies from Ebay, as it can be a budget-friendly option. However, others may suggest purchasing directly from Pampered Chef to ensure the quality and consistency of your supplies. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what works best for your business.</p><h2>3. What supplies should I prioritize purchasing first?</h2><p>As a new consultant, it is important to prioritize purchasing supplies that will help you showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products at your shows. This may include order forms, invitations, business cards, and other marketing materials. Additionally, investing in a few cookbooks can also be beneficial for showcasing recipes and product uses to potential customers.</p><h2>4. Are there any other ways to cut corners and save money as a new consultant?</h2><p>Aside from purchasing supplies from Ebay, you can also consider hosting virtual parties or partnering with other consultants to split the cost of supplies. Utilizing social media and other free marketing platforms can also help save on advertising costs. Additionally, setting a budget and sticking to it can help you make smart purchasing decisions and avoid overspending.</p><h2>5. Any other tips for new consultants starting out on a budget?</h2><p>Don't be afraid to reach out to more experienced consultants for advice and tips on how to save money while building your business. Also, consider taking advantage of any promotions or discounts offered by Pampered Chef. Lastly, remember to prioritize your purchases and only invest in supplies that will truly benefit your business and help you achieve your goals.</p>

1. Is it a good idea for new consultants on a budget to use supplies from Ebay?

It can be a good idea for new consultants to use supplies from Ebay, as long as they are purchasing from reputable sellers and the items are in good condition. This can be a cost-effective way to acquire supplies for your business. However, it is important to make sure that the supplies you purchase are in line with the quality and branding of Pampered Chef products.

2. Are there any recommendations for or against using supplies from Ebay?

Some consultants may recommend using supplies from Ebay, as it can be a budget-friendly option. However, others may suggest purchasing directly from Pampered Chef to ensure the quality and consistency of your supplies. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what works best for your business.

3. What supplies should I prioritize purchasing first?

As a new consultant, it is important to prioritize purchasing supplies that will help you showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products at your shows. This may include order forms, invitations, business cards, and other marketing materials. Additionally, investing in a few cookbooks can also be beneficial for showcasing recipes and product uses to potential customers.

4. Are there any other ways to cut corners and save money as a new consultant?

Aside from purchasing supplies from Ebay, you can also consider hosting virtual parties or partnering with other consultants to split the cost of supplies. Utilizing social media and other free marketing platforms can also help save on advertising costs. Additionally, setting a budget and sticking to it can help you make smart purchasing decisions and avoid overspending.

5. Any other tips for new consultants starting out on a budget?

Don't be afraid to reach out to more experienced consultants for advice and tips on how to save money while building your business. Also, consider taking advantage of any promotions or discounts offered by Pampered Chef. Lastly, remember to prioritize your purchases and only invest in supplies that will truly benefit your business and help you achieve your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• niccibyrd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefallison53
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies