• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Using Supplies From Ebay a Good Idea for New Consultants on a Budget?

Independent Consultant Agreement/3-(6) Cooking Show Invitation/40-Drawing Slip/100-New Consultants Rewards Brochure/20-Opportunity Brochure/20-Show Planner/15-Season’s Best Recipe Collection/6-Tabletop Flip Chart Binder + 3 Inserts-Executive Cookware Display Cards-Cutlery Techniques Display CardsCath
No- you're just not really a full member of CS until a thread you started has been hijacked - taken completely off topic. Well, this one sure has been!

Yes it has........I feel violated....

Not violated...

<chanting>one of us... one of us... one of us... one of us...

You have officially joined our club!

Be frightened, be very, very frightened!

BethCooks4U said:
You have officially joined our club!

Be frightened, be very, very frightened!

Yes, whether you like it or not, you are in!!!

Oh wait... am I allowed to jump in on what has turned into the "Beth and Ann" show today?

katie0128 said:
Oh wait... am I allowed to jump in on what has turned into the "Beth and Ann" show today?
Oh.... I don't know, Katie... What are your qualifications?:p

chefann said:
(BTW- I am known as the know-it-all around here. LOL)

Between Ann and KG (The Kitchen Guy), they know just about everything there is to know about many useful and even more useless things! But, I will say that there is never a dull thread when they are on it.

BethCooks4U said:
Oh.... I don't know, Katie... What are your qualifications?:p

Ummmm... I'm an OS junkie and a NERD - just like Ann.

katie0128 said:
Ummmm... I'm an OS junkie and a NERD - just like Ann.
Not another ANN!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Isn't one enough??

Oh, I would never even pretent to be just like Ann. She is an *cough*original*cough* and never shou... I mean could... be duplicated!

LOVE YA, ANN!!!

it IS a CULT!!!

Denarella said:
it IS a CULT!!!

Yep... uh huh... we got ourselves a really smart one this time!

Okay, Katie, you can join in!

And Denarella, you are finally getting the picture. :cool: :rolleyes:

katie0128 said:
HEY!! Be nice!

I never said I was smart........but the ride to looneyville is pretty fun....

Denarella said:
....but the ride to looneyville is pretty fun....
Well then hop right on - we'll get you there in no time!

katie0128 said:

I was being SARCASTIC...

Really, I'm thrilled that Dena has found us and is sooooo hooked on CS already!

Dena - with your enthusiasm, you are going to have a really great business.

BethCooks4U said:
Well then hop right on - we'll get you there in no time!

We're not there yet?

Hmmmmmmm
katie0128 said:

REALLLLL nice....pick on the new girl b/c she plays dumb.....:cool:

katie0128 said:
I was being SARCASTIC...
Ohhhh! Sarcasm - I remember that from when we lived in WI. Humor with an edge. Yes, I remember...:p

<giggle>
Plays dumb, or.... well, you know....or maybe you don't

Its ALLLLL good........Im the Queen of Sarcasm....I've learned from the best....found my evil twin, eh?

Ann jumping on the band wagon!This gets better. Initiation or pity? Tolerating me? LOL...that's fine. I'm the rookie. I can take it.

Denarella said:
....Im the Queen of Sarcasm....I've learned from the best....found my evil twin, eh?

Nah... I've found MY evil twin... I'm of course the angelic twin!

Im an "ex wife"I've been called worse...I'll take it

I've got a DUMB question, Ann!What's with all of the Stripper and Slut awards?

Gotta Run.......going to my neighbor's PC party and hopefully my recruiter's got something for me to READ.............Im Jones-ing!!!!!!!!!!:eek: I'll be back. Hold your breath, Ann....:D

I asked the same thing when I started in this zoo...

Post Slut is a term to describe someone who posts a lot (not to be confused with "former" slut or "not currently a" slut)

After you hit 800 posts, you get the outline of a star under your screen name
<--------- see example
There are various "levels" you can reach and your star changes colors. At one time, the number of posts to get your first star was increased and some people that didn't meet the new minimum post level were "stripped" of their stars... and thus was born the stripper star. Personally, I thought it was called that because the star is just the outline... like it was naked or something. And my version goes better with the whole post slut thing anyway.

Thanks for clarifying that for the noob, Katie. :)I'm busy importing Lyn Conway MP3s, so I got distracted.

chefann said:
Do you want me to mail you some of my Triple Caramel Chunk?
The Lemon Meringue Pie flavor is all gone already.

OK, I love chocolate, but this Lemon Meringue flavor sounds delish!!
Do they sell it in their little containers?
I don't think there's a B&J around here!

I don't know if that flavor is available in pints in stores, or if it's a Scoop Shop only flavor. It was lemon flavored with little bits of crust. mmm....

katie0128 said:
There are various "levels" you can reach and your star changes colors. At one time, the number of posts to get your first star was increased and some people that didn't meet the new minimum post level were "stripped" of their stars... and thus was born the stripper star. Personally, I thought it was called that because the star is just the outline... like it was naked or something. And my version goes better with the whole post slut thing anyway.

Oh! I still thought the stripper star was called that 'cos it was naked. :eek:

It does go better with the "post slut" title, so I'm just going to go right along thinking that.

chefann said:
I don't know if that flavor is available in pints in stores, or if it's a Scoop Shop only flavor. It was lemon flavored with little bits of crust. mmm....

Ugh! I will have to look at the store...the closest one to me is THIRTY MILES away!!

The Scoop Shop in my building is a Partner Shop, which is cool. It's a venture of Goodwill Industries. They use the shop to train previously unemployable people how to hold a job. The profits go to Goodwill, and B&J has reduced or waived franchise fees for Partner shops. Plus, they give employees of my company a discount. :) Is the lemon meringue available mail order? Ben&Jerry's has a mail order program.

KellyTheChef said:
Ugh! I will have to look at the store...the closest one to me is THIRTY MILES away!!

The closest one to me is MORE THAN 100 miles away!!!

I'll be more than happy to eat a scoop for you. :D

chefann said:
Thanks for clarifying that for the noob, Katie. :)

I'm busy importing Lyn Conway MP3s, so I got distracted.

Of course, as I'm typing my wonderful clarification... she heads out to a party. How rude!

Beth - again that would be sarcasm in my typing. I don't really thing Dena was rude or anything... just wanted to clarify for you! <giggle>

chefann said:
I'll be more than happy to eat a scoop for you. :D

Eat 2 for me...you can have the lbs. to go with it too. :p

janetupnorth said:
Eat 2 for me...you can have the lbs. to go with it too. :p
No, I think that because I'm eating it for you, you get the pounds. That's only fair - I'm doing you the favor. :D

chefann said:
No, I think that because I'm eating it for you, you get the pounds. That's only fair - I'm doing you the favor. :D

Yes, exactly, doing me the favor of TAKING the pounds! :)

katie0128 said:
Of course, as I'm typing my wonderful clarification... she heads out to a party. How rude!

Beth - again that would be sarcasm in my typing. I don't really thing Dena was rude or anything... just wanted to clarify for you! <giggle>
Thanks for explaining that. I would have repremanded you for no reason. And what kind of impression would we have given our newbie here!

She's out partying and then will have all that reading... who knows when she will return?!

I just closed a show and talked to 3 prospects while you all were playing here, btw.

If I hadn't already ate my Ben&Jerry's for dinner I would be pulling my favorite - chubby hubby - out the freezer right now... but darn it, I finished it off! (Hey it did take me 4 days to eat that little baby, too bad it only taked 4 minutes to put on the pounds from it!) :D

I just realized there's a Ben & Jerry's just 30 minutes away! DS and I will have to go there for (after) lunch tomorrow!

THANKS ANN!:eek:

mmm.... have one for Janet while you're there. :)

chefann said:
mmm.... have one for Janet while you're there. :)
Sorry - you get to have those calories - I have enough to deal with my own.

Hey! As I scrolled I could have sworn your eyes (Ann) rolled.

Guess I need to get off this computer.

Hey ANN! Are you "working" tomorrow??

Guess what I'm doing while you're posting up your numbers here... ah, I mean working...

I'm going to see the Simpsons Movie!! Ah, the flexibility of our business does it again!

Uh! UH! I wanna gooooooo!!!!! Yes, I'll be "working." DH and I will probably go this weekend. But I'll be wearing my donut earrings tomorrow. :D

chefann said:
I, too, have an addiction to office supplies that I'm working on overcoming. :D

Get the Avery 5160 or equivalent labels - they're the 30 to a page address labels. They're the most convenient for all sorts of things. You can then print your own info on them as you need more (so you can add your web address as soon as you get it). They also allow you to use a larger font than ordering pre-printed return address labels. On my catalogs, I have a label with:
Ann S.
Independent Consultant
home phone • cell phone
email address
web address

I also order labels from www.superfastprinting.com. They have rolls of 300 address labels FREE(!). We love free around here. They're the perfect size to put on the recipe cards we can order from HO to distribute to customers.

Many people don't put their street address on their cards, because you never know what weirdo will end up with it. Hosts and customers can get it from you if they need it. My next set of business cards will NOT have my street address on them.
Thanks Ann! I just ordered my free labels! :D I decided from the beginning NOT to put my address on anything, and I'm glad I did.

<h2>1. Is it a good idea for new consultants on a budget to use supplies from Ebay?</h2><p>It can be a good idea for new consultants to use supplies from Ebay, as long as they are purchasing from reputable sellers and the items are in good condition. This can be a cost-effective way to acquire supplies for your business. However, it is important to make sure that the supplies you purchase are in line with the quality and branding of Pampered Chef products.</p><h2>2. Are there any recommendations for or against using supplies from Ebay?</h2><p>Some consultants may recommend using supplies from Ebay, as it can be a budget-friendly option. However, others may suggest purchasing directly from Pampered Chef to ensure the quality and consistency of your supplies. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what works best for your business.</p><h2>3. What supplies should I prioritize purchasing first?</h2><p>As a new consultant, it is important to prioritize purchasing supplies that will help you showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products at your shows. This may include order forms, invitations, business cards, and other marketing materials. Additionally, investing in a few cookbooks can also be beneficial for showcasing recipes and product uses to potential customers.</p><h2>4. Are there any other ways to cut corners and save money as a new consultant?</h2><p>Aside from purchasing supplies from Ebay, you can also consider hosting virtual parties or partnering with other consultants to split the cost of supplies. Utilizing social media and other free marketing platforms can also help save on advertising costs. Additionally, setting a budget and sticking to it can help you make smart purchasing decisions and avoid overspending.</p><h2>5. Any other tips for new consultants starting out on a budget?</h2><p>Don't be afraid to reach out to more experienced consultants for advice and tips on how to save money while building your business. Also, consider taking advantage of any promotions or discounts offered by Pampered Chef. Lastly, remember to prioritize your purchases and only invest in supplies that will truly benefit your business and help you achieve your goals.</p>

1. Is it a good idea for new consultants on a budget to use supplies from Ebay?

It can be a good idea for new consultants to use supplies from Ebay, as long as they are purchasing from reputable sellers and the items are in good condition. This can be a cost-effective way to acquire supplies for your business. However, it is important to make sure that the supplies you purchase are in line with the quality and branding of Pampered Chef products.

2. Are there any recommendations for or against using supplies from Ebay?

Some consultants may recommend using supplies from Ebay, as it can be a budget-friendly option. However, others may suggest purchasing directly from Pampered Chef to ensure the quality and consistency of your supplies. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what works best for your business.

3. What supplies should I prioritize purchasing first?

As a new consultant, it is important to prioritize purchasing supplies that will help you showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products at your shows. This may include order forms, invitations, business cards, and other marketing materials. Additionally, investing in a few cookbooks can also be beneficial for showcasing recipes and product uses to potential customers.

4. Are there any other ways to cut corners and save money as a new consultant?

Aside from purchasing supplies from Ebay, you can also consider hosting virtual parties or partnering with other consultants to split the cost of supplies. Utilizing social media and other free marketing platforms can also help save on advertising costs. Additionally, setting a budget and sticking to it can help you make smart purchasing decisions and avoid overspending.

5. Any other tips for new consultants starting out on a budget?

Don't be afraid to reach out to more experienced consultants for advice and tips on how to save money while building your business. Also, consider taking advantage of any promotions or discounts offered by Pampered Chef. Lastly, remember to prioritize your purchases and only invest in supplies that will truly benefit your business and help you achieve your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• niccibyrd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefallison53
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies