• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Using Supplies From Ebay a Good Idea for New Consultants on a Budget?

Independent Consultant Agreement/3-(6) Cooking Show Invitation/40-Drawing Slip/100-New Consultants Rewards Brochure/20-Opportunity Brochure/20-Show Planner/15-Season’s Best Recipe Collection/6-Tabletop Flip Chart Binder + 3 Inserts-Executive Cookware Display Cards-Cutlery Techniques Display CardsCath
Denarella
Does anyone recommend, either way, using supplies from Ebay if you can get them cheap such as order forms, invites and such from consultants who are scaling down or closing up shop. Since Im JUST starting and paying for my kit and stationary, cards and other supplies, I'm trying to cut corners so I can have more things at my shows to show (i.e. cookbooks).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what supplies I should get first?

Thanks everyone!

D

Best advice is to get the Booster kit - that will give you what you need for quite awhile. That, what comes in your regular kit and getting business cards from Vista Print will tie you over for awhile.

Oh, if you don't know what the booster kit is, when you get your kit to start there is a flyer in it showing what is in it. It is a MUCH better deal than you'll ever find on E-bay.

Most stuff on E-bay is older items...or paperwork from kitnappers. I prefer not to shop E-bay for any consultant supplies...

EbayI would imagine that supply wise it could be cheaper depending on what you're getting. However, product wise, I would advise against it. The main reason is because a product's warranty becomes void. There have been a few products that I have had to exchange out and with my receipts, I'm able to do so.

Be sure, if you haven't already, to check the marketplace on this board. Good luck!Cath
/kitchenCPR

Booster Kit?what comes with that?

I was checking out the cards on Vista...nothing bit me....are self inking stamps okay? When I get my stuff and get online is there a way to order pampered chef cards?

I did order from Ebaybut I told my recruiter I would have her look through it and make sure everything was legit otherwise I will have learned my first lesson and bought some pretty expensive scrap paper!

Im sooooo anxious to get started and organized....for most people, its chocolate that does it for them. For me, its office supplies and organizing my business (I currently do Avon now and I HATE it!)

THANKS LADIES

Denarella said:
what comes with that?

I was checking out the cards on Vista...nothing bit me....are self inking stamps okay? When I get my stuff and get online is there a way to order pampered chef cards?

Item Descriptions:
• Write-in Sales Receipt/100
• Your Life-Your Way DVD Bulk/5
• (2) Product Catalog/25 (Total: 50)
• PamperedPartner® Sales Receipt/100
• Independent Consultant Agreement/3
• (6) Cooking Show Invitation/40
• Drawing Slip/100
• New Consultants Rewards Brochure/20
• Opportunity Brochure/20
• Show Planner/15
• Season’s Best® Recipe Collection/6
• Tabletop Flip Chart Binder + 3 Inserts
• Executive Cookware Display Cards
• Cutlery Techniques Display Cards

On Vista - you really have to search the designs...
You can order nice cards through Merill after you have access to CC...they are more pricey but nice.

Denarella said:
but I told my recruiter I would have her look through it and make sure everything was legit otherwise I will have learned my first lesson and bought some pretty expensive scrap paper!

Im sooooo anxious to get started and organized....for most people, its chocolate that does it for them. For me, its office supplies and organizing my business (I currently do Avon now and I HATE it!)

THANKS LADIES

Ooh - we have quite a few office supply junkies here!!!!

Can you addthe PC logo on those, the Merrill ones?

Since I'm going to besuch a mess at my first show and not very professional because I dont know what I'm doing, I have to rely on pretty stuff and cue cards. I'm trying to get it together. Organization is KEY! :D

You can order anything you want from anywhere you want... as long as you don't give anyone else PC's logo or tag line to use on the products. So, you can order business cards (or labels, stamps, letterhead, etc.) from Vista and use PC's name ONLY (provided you use the ® with the name). However, You CAN NOT use "discover the chef in you" or have them print the cards with the logo. Only authorized vendors can print materials with the logo and tag line. If you search in files, there should be examples of business cards that people have done not using an authorized vendor.

And I second (or third... whatever) the motion about NOT getting supplies for ebay. Most of the stuff is either out dated or has another consultant's information on it. If you really need something and can't afford to order from PC, check the Marketplace here, start an "ISO..." thread or check with your director/cluster to see if anyone is willing to give/sell you what you need.

The booster kit (now called the Business Building Package) is a GREAT deal!! This is the list of what it includes... got it from CC, Downloads
Business Building Package - $36.00 + $4 s/h + tax
Item Descriptions:
• Write-in Sales Receipt/100
• Your Life-Your Way DVD Bulk/5
• (2) Product Catalog/25 (Total: 50)
• PamperedPartner® Sales Receipt/100
• Independent Consultant Agreement/3
• (6) Cooking Show Invitation/40
• Drawing Slip/100
• New Consultants Rewards Brochure/20
• Opportunity Brochure/20
• Show Planner/15
• Season’s Best® Recipe Collection/6
• Tabletop Flip Chart Binder + 3 Inserts
• Executive Cookware Display Cards
• Cutlery Techniques Display Cards

The PC logo is on the Merrill ones as they are the only licenced company. For another few days/weeks you can also get supplies from http://www.nancyweb.com/pc/bin/shop.cgi?page=products.htm who is going out of business so she is having some great sales on what is left.

The stuff I gotwas mainly invites, lapboards, receipts, postcards and such....Like I said earlier...either I hit the jackpot for 15 bucks or I paid 15 bucks for a big box of scrap paper. Either way, lesson learned. Never again. Bad Dena, BAD!:mad: :p

Denarella said:
such a mess at my first show and not very professional because I dont know what I'm doing, I have to rely on pretty stuff and cue cards. I'm trying to get it together. Organization is KEY! :D

If it makes you feel any better, we were ALL a mess at our first show (heck, some of us still are a mess many shows later!!!) I've been doing PC for a little over a year and I still use an outline at each show. I put it in the flip-top display stand and no one ever notices!!! But even if they do, just say that you use notes because there is so much great information you have for them, you don't want to forget any of it.

Denarella said:
was mainly invites, lapboards, receipts, postcards and such....Like I said earlier...either I hit the jackpot for 15 bucks or I paid 15 bucks for a big box of scrap paper. Either way, lesson learned. Never again. Bad Dena, BAD!:mad: :p

Cheap lapboards...
buy really cheap 3 ring binders with pockets inside and cut the spine off. Slap a PC sticker or your business card on the pocket and TA-DA... two REALLY CHEAP lapboards for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than you'll find anywhere else!:D

I won a few items on EBAY and they were old..old..old... I will never do it again! Get the booster kit, and then wait a while then place a supply order.

And don't forget that you'll be earning PC$ in your first 90 days that you can use for supplies from PC. Gotta love free stuff!

Check with your recruiter or director. Sometimes they have extra supplies they can loan you until you can afford your own.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I went on Nancy's site......and although she has a limited selection (I've done my homework, I see she's closing shop and not by choice) I cannot purchase anything from her site because you need your PC # to order. I will make labels though. What do you put on them? (for the catalogs and such) Name with PCC, Address, phone number? Since I don't have my number I dont have my website yet so if I just stick with labels until I have access to everything, I figured this would be the least cheesiest way.

How do you cut of the spine on a three ring binder?! You guys are all Martha Stewart McGuiver's aren't you!? I LOVE IT!!! ;) :cool:

~Dena

Another thing that no one has pointed out (I don't think) is that you get killed on shipping when you buy from ebay.

Pampered Chef provides all that we need to look very professional at very reasonable prices for very low shipping. Merrill fills in with a few extras (their prices aren't as reasonable but their quality is high). You don't need to spend extra.

I have (do) purchase things from Sticking to Business and a few other companies (Nancy's:( ), the Booster... and have not been disappointed but it is not necessary to spend that money. I discourage my team from over ordering until they are established. A lot of what I buy from the different vendors is divided up and given to my team.

Business cards: Make some yourself (I make a set for each new consultant) and look at getting some from VistaPrint for now. In a few months get some from Merrill (much higher price but high quality) or if you are happy with your own do that - I see lots of different creative cards out there that are just fine to get the contact info in people's hands.

When you order such things from ebay you are getting someone else's left overs and throwaways. Sure, sometimes you get a deal on exactly what you want but most of the time it's a disappointment. Don't waste your money.

Denarella said:
...and although she has a limited selection (I've done my homework, I see she's closing shop and not by choice) I cannot purchase anything from her site because you need your PC # to order. I will make labels though. What do you put on them? (for the catalogs and such) Name with PCC, Address, phone number? Since I don't have my number I dont have my website yet so if I just stick with labels until I have access to everything, I figured this would be the least cheesiest way.

How do you cut of the spine on a three ring binder?! You guys are all Martha Stewart McGuiver's aren't you!? I LOVE IT!!! ;) :cool:

~Dena

Open the binder up all the way so the rings are sticking up. Then, use either sharp scissors or a straight edge blade, and cut on the OUTSIDE of the seam, closest to the spine. That way, the lapboard you are left with is COMPLETELY sealed. If you cut too close to the lapboard side, you can end up with the seam coming open and you see the cardboard inside of it. (Hope that makes sense...I learned it the hard way after ruining a few of them in the process!) Also- sometimes there are sharp edges left on them....just take a nail file and file them down! TaDa! Done!

Thanks BethI've learned from my erroneous ways! I also (as I bow my head in shame) ordered some cookbooks from Amazon that were listed in the Spring/Summer catalog. The were in LIKE NEW condition or GENTLY USED. I should be getting them within a day or two and only ordered two but I figured for 3 bucks and free shipping I was okay. But I certainly will not do this again. I haven't talked to my recruiter in a few days but I will see her tonight at a party and Im sure she will NOT like what I did and I will be scolded.

Quick question, has anyone ever read any books written by Christie Nortrup such as Hanging Up on Your Phone Phobias or Presentation for Profit? They got really high reviews on Amazon and like I said, I need to get my hands on SOMETHING because I need to learn how to do something I've never done and Im nervous as heck! Yes, I have read The Pampered Chef book by Doris. It was amazing and when I was pondering this idea last year, I bought it and read it from cover to cover twice. Great book...very inspirational...

Kelly.......See? McGyver!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH! Glad I'm joining now with all of the school sales in progress!:D

D

Christie Northrup (The Lemon-aid Lady) has some excellent material! If you have an opportunity to get some of her materials - I would say do it!

I'm rushing home everyday......to check the mail...I cannot wait! My next door neighbor is having a party and when I got her invite I immediately contacted the woman hosting. It ended up being the room mom from my son's second grade class. I had never actually met her but spoke to her frequently. She told me to come to her cluster meeting this past Monday and Im SOOOO glad I did. Any anxiety I had about joining quickly went out the window. Her kitchen was beautiful! Instead of taking the trip to Cali with her hubby, she traded it in for Home Depot GCs. That was a enough for me! Although I will not be able to quit my full time job (For Now), I will take what I can get! Im a single mom and my son and I have lived with my boyfriend for two years. I support myself and my son and supply the benefits. So hopefully, once we're married (Been dating for almost 4 years) I can share his awesome policeman benefits and swing to this full time. I also work for the government (prosecutor's office paralegal) and I dont want to leave there until I'm vested in my pension (3) more years.

Denarella said:
...to check the mail...I cannot wait! My next door neighbor is having a party and when I got her invite I immediately contacted the woman hosting. It ended up being the room mom from my son's second grade class. I had never actually met her but spoke to her frequently. She told me to come to her cluster meeting this past Monday and Im SOOOO glad I did. Any anxiety I had about joining quickly went out the window. Her kitchen was beautiful! Instead of taking the trip to Cali with her hubby, she traded it in for Home Depot GCs. That was a enough for me! Although I will not be able to quit my full time job (For Now), I will take what I can get! Im a single mom and my son and I have lived with my boyfriend for two years. I support myself and my son and supply the benefits. So hopefully, once we're married (Been dating for almost 4 years) I can share his awesome policeman benefits and swing to this full time. I also work for the government (prosecutor's office paralegal) and I dont want to leave there until I'm vested in my pension (3) more years.
Congratulations! I know you won't be sorry you joined our happy family!!

PS: The Lemonade Lady (Christie Northrup) is awesome! I second getting her books.

KellyTheChef said:
Open the binder up all the way so the rings are sticking up. Then, use either sharp scissors or a straight edge blade, and cut on the OUTSIDE of the seam, closest to the spine. That way, the lapboard you are left with is COMPLETELY sealed. If you cut too close to the lapboard side, you can end up with the seam coming open and you see the cardboard inside of it. (Hope that makes sense...I learned it the hard way after ruining a few of them in the process!) Also- sometimes there are sharp edges left on them....just take a nail file and file them down! TaDa! Done!
I've done this and they were okay but didn't look very professional (at least mine didn't). I invested in the Merrill lapboards and feel it was so worth it. JMHO

(I used to be so "crafty" but somehow I lost my talent in that area...)

Denarella said:

THANKS LADIES

OMG Janet - looooook!!!
Another Office Supplies junkie!!!!
Shall we initiate her into our demonic cult?

dannyzmom said:
OMG Janet - looooook!!!
Another Office Supplies junkie!!!!
Shall we initiate her into our demonic cult?

Caught that and told her there were other OS junkies here!

However, if it turns into a demonic cult, I'll have to pack up my supplies and leave. :cool:

We'll just have to do more office supply swaps next year at Meet N Greets!!!!

I can see you are going to be a great consultant!!! You have so much energy about the business!

"...Quick question, has anyone ever read any books written by Christie Nortrup such as Hanging Up on Your Phone Phobias or Presentation for Profit? They got really high reviews on Amazon and like I said, I need to get my hands on SOMETHING because I need to learn how to do something I've never done and Im nervous as heck! Yes, I have read The Pampered Chef book by Doris. It was amazing and when I was pondering this idea last year, I bought it and read it from cover to cover twice. Great book...very inspirational..."

Denarella,

Don't forget about the online classes on Consultant's Corner. They are very inspirational, and TPC has CD's for order ($2) you can listen to in the car- talk about motivation on the way to your show!!!

Good luck!
Rhonda

I'm going to join all answers on this one....:D ....this working full time stuff is for the birds! LOL...

As for the binders, if I put a blade to something, someone's getting hurt (that's me). Martha Stewart I am not. That's why I have all of you. Hopefully, someday soon, I can repay with some helpful hints of my own!

As for the training on CC, I sooooo look forward to that. After putting my son to bed, plugging my Bose headphones into my laptop and being sponge-like and absorbing more. (Don't know if any of you watch Spongebob the episode where all he knows is breathing and fine dining....)

I cant wait to get the two books so atleast I have something to start with. My recruiter promies to come with reading material to the PC party tonight at my neighbor's.

Guess where I'm spending my lunch hour today, Ladies? STAPLES!!! LOL! Pathetic....Im so Pathetic.....

My sister has her house up for sale but she said she would definitely have a catalog show at her school (she's a kindergarten teacher) and teacher friend and her sister always throw a big PC party at one of their houses and they're disgusted with their Consultant. WHOO HOO!!!! I love my sister!
:D

DenarellaGuess where I'm spending my lunch hour today said:

You are NOT pathetic... if I was close, I'd come join you for lunch hour... Staples sounds MUCH more interesting than our cafeteria!!! Yep, it's official... I'm a OS junkie as well.
Don't know if I should tell you this, but if you don't have time to get out to get your OS fix, you can order ONLINE with Office Depot and have everything delivered TO YOUR DOOR FREE!!!!! In the first few months with PC, I think I had more Office Depot boxes delivered to my house than PC stuff!! After all, a new business required a COMPLETE overhaul of my desk, right????
I know the prices are a bit higher, but since I don't get to Staples very often without my three kids, I enjoy getting my fix this way... the extra cost is SOOOOOO worth not having to drag my kids out.

You're soooo bad......but soo good...I LOVE overhauls! Especially desk ones! I'm thinking Im going to need my OWN Desk in my home. Perhaps an early bday present?! LOL....(Oct 2)

I'm going to check out Office Max now while Im sitting here! Hey! I read a list of supplies on here....something like electric stapler, red pens, calculator, zipper bag for change at shows....anything else recommended?:D

You all are so funny!

Okay, I admit it. I am an OS junkie too.:rolleyes:

Rumor has it........the first step is admitting you HAVE a problem

Hello. My name is Dena. And Im an office supply junkie.....
;)

Sorry....Hit the size button by accident....Yikes! :eek:

Speaking of OS junkies... I just talked with Valerie at Sticking to Business and she is coming out with new magnets (aprons!) in the next few weeks! Her stuff is SO professional and nice - check her out!

...did you know that she is a one person operation?? You would never guess when you see her site/stuff!

Check her out: www.stickingtobusiness.com

Tell her I sent you!

You're like my.........Dealer! LOL!!! LOVE IT!!! Hey, what was the last issue of Empowering Women? I have one from last August....how often do they come out?

Does anybody have a promotional code for Nancy's Artwork?

--Jenny L

Denarella said:
....Dealer! LOL!!! LOVE IT!!! Hey, what was the last issue of Empowering Women? I have one from last August....how often do they come out?
I think they are a specialty magazine that covers one DS co. per issue. You'll never see them on a newsstand. That Aug. 2006 issue was "our" issue. It's available on supply order, and the price will be going down (10 copies for $13.00).

When I was thinking about....doing this last summer, I got the August book and then when I got a package to reel me in, I got the same one THIS summer....just wondered if there are newer ones out there. They are very inspiring!

Barnes and Noble carries Empowering Women. I think they come out every month...but don't quote me on that.

Really? I can't imagine that they'd sell too many of them of a newsstand.

chefann said:
Really? I can't imagine that they'd sell too many of them of a newsstand.
They are in the business/home based business area.

Several bookstores in my area carry them, many of the the DS companies have been in them lately I think PC was the first though.

Teresa Lynn said:
Several bookstores in my area carry them, many of the the DS companies have been in them lately I think PC was the first though.
PC was the second. I think SLAT was 1st.

I was pretty surprised, too. Our Staples carries them at the checkout stand as well. Some jewelry company I've never heard of is feastured this month. The DS company my mom works with was featured a few months back.

"Empowering Women was created to support the unique demands of direct selling companies and independent business-builders worldwide."

Full website coming soon.

<h2>1. Is it a good idea for new consultants on a budget to use supplies from Ebay?</h2><p>It can be a good idea for new consultants to use supplies from Ebay, as long as they are purchasing from reputable sellers and the items are in good condition. This can be a cost-effective way to acquire supplies for your business. However, it is important to make sure that the supplies you purchase are in line with the quality and branding of Pampered Chef products.</p><h2>2. Are there any recommendations for or against using supplies from Ebay?</h2><p>Some consultants may recommend using supplies from Ebay, as it can be a budget-friendly option. However, others may suggest purchasing directly from Pampered Chef to ensure the quality and consistency of your supplies. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what works best for your business.</p><h2>3. What supplies should I prioritize purchasing first?</h2><p>As a new consultant, it is important to prioritize purchasing supplies that will help you showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products at your shows. This may include order forms, invitations, business cards, and other marketing materials. Additionally, investing in a few cookbooks can also be beneficial for showcasing recipes and product uses to potential customers.</p><h2>4. Are there any other ways to cut corners and save money as a new consultant?</h2><p>Aside from purchasing supplies from Ebay, you can also consider hosting virtual parties or partnering with other consultants to split the cost of supplies. Utilizing social media and other free marketing platforms can also help save on advertising costs. Additionally, setting a budget and sticking to it can help you make smart purchasing decisions and avoid overspending.</p><h2>5. Any other tips for new consultants starting out on a budget?</h2><p>Don't be afraid to reach out to more experienced consultants for advice and tips on how to save money while building your business. Also, consider taking advantage of any promotions or discounts offered by Pampered Chef. Lastly, remember to prioritize your purchases and only invest in supplies that will truly benefit your business and help you achieve your goals.</p>

1. Is it a good idea for new consultants on a budget to use supplies from Ebay?

It can be a good idea for new consultants to use supplies from Ebay, as long as they are purchasing from reputable sellers and the items are in good condition. This can be a cost-effective way to acquire supplies for your business. However, it is important to make sure that the supplies you purchase are in line with the quality and branding of Pampered Chef products.

2. Are there any recommendations for or against using supplies from Ebay?

Some consultants may recommend using supplies from Ebay, as it can be a budget-friendly option. However, others may suggest purchasing directly from Pampered Chef to ensure the quality and consistency of your supplies. Ultimately, it is up to personal preference and what works best for your business.

3. What supplies should I prioritize purchasing first?

As a new consultant, it is important to prioritize purchasing supplies that will help you showcase and demonstrate Pampered Chef products at your shows. This may include order forms, invitations, business cards, and other marketing materials. Additionally, investing in a few cookbooks can also be beneficial for showcasing recipes and product uses to potential customers.

4. Are there any other ways to cut corners and save money as a new consultant?

Aside from purchasing supplies from Ebay, you can also consider hosting virtual parties or partnering with other consultants to split the cost of supplies. Utilizing social media and other free marketing platforms can also help save on advertising costs. Additionally, setting a budget and sticking to it can help you make smart purchasing decisions and avoid overspending.

5. Any other tips for new consultants starting out on a budget?

Don't be afraid to reach out to more experienced consultants for advice and tips on how to save money while building your business. Also, consider taking advantage of any promotions or discounts offered by Pampered Chef. Lastly, remember to prioritize your purchases and only invest in supplies that will truly benefit your business and help you achieve your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• niccibyrd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefallison53
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
Replies