• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Constant Contact - 26.3% Opens - Worth the Time and Money?

In summary, Constant Contact seems to be a helpful tool for those who use it, but it may be time-consuming and expensive to use.
ChefJeniLobdell
I started using Constant Contact last month. So far I have 26.3% opens from the emails I sent in January and February.

How are your percentages using Constant Contact or other newsletter organizations?

If you use Constant Contact, what template do you use? It seems very time consuming to use this service, and I'm trying to decide if it is work the time and money.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :balloon:

I use Constant Contact and get a range...26-55% probably depending on timing and subject. I had 55% when I titled it Clearance sale and put the outlet info in it.January was my lowest percent...probably b/c of the holidays since December was really good...people thinking gifts. I use newsletter templates (whatever looks pretty) or specialty ones. I do spend too much time on it too, but I wouldn't HAVE to! I really love it though since I can see if people open it and what they click on. They always want to check out the outlet!Is it worth the time? I spent a lot of time doing me normal email newsletter and this is SO much nicer and a much smaller email size (so loads for recipients better) even with pics. Cost...it's not really that much for the knowledge that people ARE getting my emails and clicking on things. I have gotten orders by listing out Outlet items for them and I get bookings based on the specials. Not sure if I'd get that as easily without the ability to change fonts and colors and add pictures.

My team email is usually about 60% open rate (I've got a couple more people than just my team on it, though).My customer email is about 20%. I did find that when I use a different subject than my usual "Ann's Kitchen Connection - month" I get more opens. Mini rant- I wish HO would update the outlet on the last day of the month so that we could include the newest additions in newsletters on the first. There have been several months I've sent mine out and 2 days later there are some awesome things in the outlet. I don't like sending more than 2 customer emails a month.

HIJACK!!!

I totally agree Ann - I would love to add the new items to my newsletter as well!!! I am going to send them an email...

chefann said:
Mini rant- I wish HO would update the outlet on the last day of the month so that we could include the newest additions in newsletters on the first. There have been several months I've sent mine out and 2 days later there are some awesome things in the outlet. I don't like sending more than 2 customer emails a month.

I send my emails a little later in the month to catch that. The best open I've had though was when I send a special clearance email a week later b/c there were GREAT outlet specials and I actually received over $200 in orders on my outlet! SO...two emails isn't always bad! I agree that they should be more regular about it. I don't think my customers check without me telling them too. Plus, I'd like to know if today (Feb 4th) the products on there now will be there next week. I sometimes have people that want to share s/h.

I used to use constant contact. I only had a open rate of 23-31%. I agree that it seems to take a long time to set up the emails, etc. I also felt like I got a better response when I would send the email myself. Then I got to thinking about it, what do I really use the info that I get from CC for anyway? I didn't. It seemed to be a bit expensive to use every month just to see who opened the email and who didn't. I have under 500 contacts so I just set aside a chunck of time to send it out one evening. Doesn't really take me that long and I save that money.

:angel: Thanks for all your responses ladies. I think I'll stick with it another few months and then make a decision on keeping with it. Have a great day!

chefann said:
My team email is usually about 60% open rate (I've got a couple more people than just my team on it, though).

My customer email is about 20%. I did find that when I use a different subject than my usual "Ann's Kitchen Connection - month" I get more opens.

Mini rant- I wish HO would update the outlet on the last day of the month so that we could include the newest additions in newsletters on the first. There have been several months I've sent mine out and 2 days later there are some awesome things in the outlet. I don't like sending more than 2 customer emails a month.

I agree but this month I put a little thing saying "Bookmark my website, the outlet changes often and without notice. Keep up to date on the current outlet products!"

Ooh-- I like that. I may, um.... "borrow" it. :)

Help!Ok, You all have talked me into it.
I joined this constant contact thing. Now I am totally over my head.:cry:
What do I do with this???
Can I take the newsletter I subscribe to and get it in there? :confused:
Please tell me I do not have to write one from scratch.
Also, how to I get images of things such as the heart dish?
Why do I get myself into these things!

You don't have to recreate your newsletter exactly, but you do have to copy and paste it in. If you use the same format each time, that helps. Getting pictures...I get them from my personal website (where I can choose them to use there). Otherwise, you can get them from the PC website. You have to save them to your computer and then upload them. I love being able to use pictures without making the email huge.

I use Benchmark Email to send out my newsletters. It's like Constant Contact except the reviews on the internet give it higher marks and it costs about a third the cost. I find it easy to use.The first time I used it I needed to take time to learn the system, but now I can take the template I get from MyEmailDesigns.com and quickly upload it and send it out. I think the entire process only takes me about 10 minutes. As soon as I've sent it out I start seeing the results of who's opening it and who's clicking on which links. Every product in the newsletter is a link to that specific product on my website. I can track each click on each product. However, the best part is I can see who clicked on the links for host and opportunity information.Benchmark Email starts at $9.95 a month for 600 emails. If you pay for a year at a time you get a 10% discount and a 13th month free. So it's about $8.30 per month. It offers a free month to try it out.I can have Benchmark send out a special link to people. If you sign up and pay for 3 months (or more) you get another free month of service and I get one too. Just PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you. You can also read more about it on the link I gave for the newsletter service.Rose Francis

creating messagecan anyone help me figure out how to create a message with pictures? i have just been typing up a word doc and then cutting and pasting it into constant contact (which i love by the way!!). but i'd like to add some images. do i just go to my webpage and right click copy and paste? or is it more detailed than that? also - i do not care for their pre-made messages - do any of you make yours in another program other than word like publisher and then copy and paste? thanks for any ideas!!!
jen

jcwarr said:
can anyone help me figure out how to create a message with pictures? i have just been typing up a word doc and then cutting and pasting it into constant contact (which i love by the way!!). but i'd like to add some images. do i just go to my webpage and right click copy and paste? or is it more detailed than that? also - i do not care for their pre-made messages - do any of you make yours in another program other than word like publisher and then copy and paste? thanks for any ideas!!!
jen
You upload images to constant contact and they host them for you. With a basic account you can have 5 images at one time. You have to upgrade to have more than that. I love Constant Contact....It makes such professional looking newsletters!

1. What is Constant Contact and how does it benefit my business?

Constant Contact is an email marketing platform that allows businesses to easily create and send professional-looking email campaigns to their subscribers. It also provides tools for managing contacts, tracking results, and integrating with other marketing platforms. Using Constant Contact can help businesses increase their reach and engagement with their audience, ultimately leading to more sales and brand recognition.

2. How much does Constant Contact cost?

The cost of Constant Contact varies depending on the plan you choose and the number of subscribers you have. Plans start at $20 per month for up to 500 contacts and go up from there. There are also discounts available for prepaying for a longer term. Additionally, Constant Contact offers a free 60-day trial for new users to test out the platform before committing to a paid plan.

3. Is Constant Contact easy to use for someone with limited technical skills?

Yes, Constant Contact is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive, even for those with limited technical skills. The platform offers drag-and-drop editors for creating email campaigns, and there are plenty of templates and customization options to make the process even easier. Additionally, Constant Contact provides tutorials and resources to help users get started and troubleshoot any issues they may encounter.

4. Can I track the success of my email campaigns with Constant Contact?

Yes, Constant Contact provides robust analytics and reporting tools to track the success of your email campaigns. You can see metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions to help you understand how your audience is engaging with your emails. This data can then be used to make informed decisions about future campaigns and improve your overall marketing strategy.

5. Can Constant Contact integrate with other tools and platforms?

Yes, Constant Contact offers integrations with a variety of popular tools and platforms, such as social media, e-commerce, and CRM systems. This allows you to easily connect your email marketing efforts with your other marketing and business strategies, creating a more cohesive and effective approach. Additionally, Constant Contact offers an API for more advanced integrations and customization options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
jenniferp417
  • Jules711
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tastefullyyours
  • PampChefJoy