• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

December Constant Contact Newsletter

S
sfdavis918
I was just wondering what template Constant Contact users are using for their December newsletter. I am really unhappy with the choices! I want one that has a Holiday theme to it, but not specific to Christmas. I have found a couple that I like but they are for promotions, not newsletters.

So what are you using?

I'll send you mine if you send my your email. I don't remember which template I used. I always change them around.

Cool, thanks. It's [email protected].

I'm using Holiday - December Holiday Newsletter, with the Candy Cane as the top photo. I took out a couple of promo blocks and added a couple more article blocks. :)

Ok, so speaking of constant contact, for those of you who use it, how hard is it to use, and how hard is it to set up? What does it cost you? I need to change how I am doing this newsletter.

I find it very easy to use. They have lots of different templates, and once you get a newsletter the way you want it, you can just copy it for the next month and change things. That way the colors and fonts are already set. :)

Their prices vary depending on the number of contacts in your list. I have around 220, and it's $15 a month for newsletter only (save some when you pre-pay for a year). Then I have the image hosting add-on, that's $5 a month (and it allows me to have more than 5 images in my library at once).

People have pointed out that it's silly to pay for something extra when PWS has a customer contact function. But I haven't had good luck with that. And I LOVE that I can see who opened things, and what they clicked on.

thanks, Ann!

Nancy

Nanisu said:
Ok, so speaking of constant contact, for those of you who use it, how hard is it to use, and how hard is it to set up? What does it cost you? I need to change how I am doing this newsletter.

I LOVE IT!! I can send newsletters, specials, etc. to any or all of my contacts. I have about 250 right now. It even tracks when the emails are sent & opened and if any clicked on the pic/link or forwarded it to someone else.

chefann said:
I find it very easy to use. They have lots of different templates, and once you get a newsletter the way you want it, you can just copy it for the next month and change things. That way the colors and fonts are already set. :)

Their prices vary depending on the number of contacts in your list. I have around 220, and it's $15 a month for newsletter only (save some when you pre-pay for a year). Then I have the image hosting add-on, that's $5 a month (and it allows me to have more than 5 images in my library at once).

People have pointed out that it's silly to pay for something extra when PWS has a customer contact function. But I haven't had good luck with that. And I LOVE that I can see who opened things, and what they clicked on.

So what your saying Ann, is that you would love for HO to announce at leadership that they will give us these capabilities, right?!!:rolleyes: :D

<Just wishing out loud here!>

KellyTheChef said:
So what your saying Ann, is that you would love for HO to announce at leadership that they will give us these capabilities, right?!!:rolleyes: :D

<Just wishing out loud here!>
Exactly. And that they had somehow modified the emails so that they aren't filtered as spam by the ISPs. And that there were actual useable newsletter templates.

But I'm paid for a little over a year with Constant Contact, and have a couple of referrals in my account with them, too. So even if HO announces major improvements to the PWS system, I'm still going to be sending my newsletter through Constant Contact.

Can someone tell me more about Constant Contact? How do you use it. I signed up but not sure how to use it.

It is simple. Go to create email. Choose your template. Then fill in the info. You can change fonts, formats, etc. You can add/delete pics. They offer a tutorial.

When you log in, there's a link on the first page to create an email. When you click that, you can select a template to use (there are thumbnails so you can see what they look like). After modifying the message, you select the email list you want to send it to, and schedule it. If you're just getting started, the easiest way to add contacts is to import them. There is a link on the home page to import a list. And right below it, there are 2 links for "getting started" that have useful information.I have many, many different lists set up right now: PC customers, PC past hosts, my team, my Director's team, my customers by birthday month (so that's 12 lists right there), and my Etsy customers (although that one has nobody on it). It's really handy to do email and schedule it for delivery at a later date. I work on my team weekly newsletters throughout the week, and then schedule them to go out on Mondays at 5:30 am. And my December birthday offer has been set up and scheduled to send on 12/1 since October.

I use the newsletter from My Email Designs. Would I be able to cut and paste that whole email... photos and all.. .into Constant Contact and have the links be in working order? I can "select all" and it works in my regular email account but I am very interested in this avenue for emailing.

quiverfull7 said:
I use the newsletter from My Email Designs. Would I be able to cut and paste that whole email... photos and all.. .into Constant Contact and have the links be in working order? I can "select all" and it works in my regular email account but I am very interested in this avenue for emailing.
I don't think so. You have to use their templates.

But they can be changed somewhat to fit your needs. You can add/delete message blocks. I like that you can have direct clicks to your PWS. I just sent out an email this afternoon to all contacts (about 240) about the outlet. So far, 70 opened emails & 28 direct clicks to PWS. I got 2 outlet orders totalling $117. Not bad!

Stacy... do you mean you put in the direct links or are you talking about the links in the newsletter that I mentioned? I'm getting confused. :(

How do you sign up for this or check it out? Is there a website?

They have a great referral program. If someone else here who uses them would like to post their referral link, you can use that to sign up and get a $30 credit (both the new person and the one who got the referral) when you becme a paying member. You can sign up for a 60 day trial, but still need to go through a referral link to set that up if you want someone to get credit eventually. (Does that make sense, or did I just confuse you more?)I've got a referral credit link in my signature, but have gotten several already, so please use someone else's. ;)

Thanks, Diane & Ann! I bookmarked it & will look through it later. I need something easier to send my newsletters & I'd LOVE to be able to see what everyone is reading/linking. See what is really worth it!

anyone use anything different?

Check this one out too... it's very nice as well:
Subscription information is available at http://www.123byrequest.com

that last one has more white space - easier on the eyes. thanks

1. What are the most popular templates used for December newsletters on Constant Contact?

Some of the most popular templates used for December newsletters on Constant Contact include "Holiday Newsletter," "Winter Wonderland," "Season's Greetings," and "Festive December."

2. Are there any templates with a holiday theme that are not specific to Christmas?

Yes, there are several templates with a holiday theme that are not specific to Christmas. Some examples include "Happy Holidays," "December Celebrations," and "Winter Holiday Cheer."

3. Can I customize a promotional template to use for my December newsletter?

Yes, you can customize a promotional template to use for your December newsletter. Simply select the template you like and make changes to the text and images to fit your newsletter's content.

4. How can I find templates specifically for newsletters, not promotions?

You can find templates specifically for newsletters by using the filter option on the Constant Contact template gallery. Under "Type," select "Newsletter" to view all available options.

5. Do I have to use a holiday-themed template for my December newsletter?

No, you do not have to use a holiday-themed template for your December newsletter. You can choose from a variety of templates that are not holiday-specific, such as "End of Year Recap," "December Updates," or "Winter Activities."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pcheframsey