• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Do for Newsletters?

In summary, everyone uses a different newsletter service. Some use Tasty Tidbits, others Constant Contact, and still others use another service not listed.
Chef_2_Four
Do you make your own?

Do you use Tasty Tidbits?

Do you use Constant Contact?

Or do you use another not listed?

I'm am just curious what everyone does or uses for their newsletters. I am not creative enough to use my own. Do the newsletters pay for themselves? I know Tasty Tidbits is $15 for 6 months, but Constant Contact is $15 per month. I don't think I could handle $15 a month. Just curious as what every does! Thanks!

I just used Constant contact for the first time today, and totally loved it. I especially love how it monitors who is actually reading/clicking etc... Im in the 60 day free trial right now, If it drums up business for my PWS I may consider paying for it?

I do cookie a day newsletter.

i use constant contact and won't stop! I use it for my weekly TEAM e-mails, my twice monthly e-mails and any other news I send out! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!

I use a service called PCNews4U. I love the layout and personalization. I has a really professional look and it's not too long of a read.

The website is http://www.newslettersbyemailinc.com/pcnews4u/

I just started using www.myemaildesigns.com. I use it with Constant Contact. I copy his newsletter into Constant Contact & it's ready to go. It's amazing. Mike has it all ready to send with our contact info. All links to products & specials go directly to our personal website. He has a special going on until the end of the month that if you sign up you get a free month. If you use my name we get a month free too. (Jim & Bev Snabl)

Service Contract Options
$18 / Year
($1.50 / Month) Basic Service Contract 12 Months Newsletter Design
$20 / 3 Months
($6.67 / Month) Trial Service Contract 3 Months Newsletter Design and Mailing List Delivery
$60 / Year
($5.00 / Month) Full Service Contract 12 Months Newsletter Design and Mailing List Delivery

Last edited:
I have done TastyTidbitsFor the past year, but decided to give 123ByRequest a try for a year. I received a sample email and really liked it. It was really really nice. I hope I don't end up dissapointed with the change but I just felt it was time for one.

I use 123ByRequest also. I really like it. I think it looks very professional.

sfdavis918 said:
I use 123ByRequest also. I really like it. I think it looks very professional.
How much is it?

Christ Follower said:
How much is it?

It was $19.95 for one year. Just another plus!!

what is the information on constant contact. I have never heard of it.

Isn't there a service....That Make up your newsletter and also email it to your customer base for you???:confused:

I've been doing my own and I really do enjoy it, but I find that I am much more busy now and I just don't have the time that it takes to do it every month. I am considered subscribing. I'm planning to get samples from those mentioned here and then decide who I want to go with.

kristio said:
That Make up your newsletter and also email it to your customer base for you???:confused:

The service I mentioned earlier has that option available. You can either have him send it to you, already personalized with your information & links to your website (if you have one) or you can provide him with your contacts & he will send it for you. I quoted his prices above. If you send it yourself it's only $18 per year and if you sign up by the end of July you get a free month as well.

I used to use Tasty Tidbits, but got annoyed with having to use a YahooGroup to send all of my emails out. It was getting flagged as "spam" and no one was getting it anymore. Ever since we got the Customer Connection emails on our PWS, I've been using that. It was great when we could export our customer information from PP to Cust. Connection to add new people, and I'm anxiously awaiting P3's ability to do this, too. For now, I'm just adding them by hand. I put all of my customers with email addresses in as "Preferred Customers" and then I pick a nice pre-formatted email from the list of emails they list for us. I add my own personal message (whatever is going on at the moment - in Aug. I'll mention the retiring products) and then direct them to my website "News" section to see everything else. I pay $72 a year already for the website, so I figured, I might as well put all of the features to good use and use the emails they make for us. I have been having a lot more success with it, and have had a lot more PWS orders than before. I also got a lot of great feedback from past hosts and customers that they like the new "format" of my newsletter, since they always "forgot" to go to my website. It's a shorter message, too, and since most people don't have time to read through a huge email newsletter, they can just read different sections of my website that interest them. I have all 10 "News" sections dedicated to the same things that were always in my newsletter, so it turns out the same to me. HTH and let me know if you have any questions about using Customer Connection! :)

Last edited:
tastefullyyours said:
I use a service called PCNews4U. I love the layout and personalization. I has a really professional look and it's not too long of a read.

The website is http://www.newslettersbyemailinc.com/pcnews4u/
This looks like a fairly new service.....how long have you been using them? Are you affiliated with them? I looked at the site and the newsletter is very nice, but I think it's a bit pricey, what kind of feedback are you getting from your customers? thanks.

cathyskitchen said:
I used to use Tasty Tidbits, but got annoyed with having to use a YahooGroup to send all of my emails out. It was getting flagged as "spam" and no one was getting it anymore. Ever since we got the Customer Connection emails on our PWS, I've been using that. It was great when we could export our customer information from PP to Cust. Connection to add new people, and I'm anxiously awaiting P3's ability to do this, too. For now, I'm just adding them by hand. I put all of my customers with email addresses in as "Preferred Customers" and then I pick a nice pre-formatted email from the list of emails they list for us. I add my own personal message (whatever is going on at the moment - in Aug. I'll mention the retiring products) and then direct them to my website "News" section to see everything else. I pay $72 a year already for the website, so I figured, I might as well put all of the features to good use and use the emails they make for us. I have been having a lot more success with it, and have had a lot more PWS orders than before. I also got a lot of great feedback from past hosts and customers that they like the new "format" of my newsletter, since they always "forgot" to go to my website. It's a shorter message, too, and since most people don't have time to read through a huge email newsletter, they can just read different sections of my website that interest them. I have all 10 "News" sections dedicated to the same things that were always in my newsletter, so it turns out the same to me. HTH and let me know if you have any questions about using Customer Connection! :)
There is an export option in P3. I haven't tried to use it, but it was added a couple of updates ago.

I get the ones off here and tweak them to my info and sales and stuff and use them.

I usually tweek Linda's :D

krzymomof4 said:
I usually tweek Linda's :D
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as much as I love doing my newsletter it just takes too much time :( . I'm really thinking about subscribing then just adding my own stuff into it....I think it will be a much wiser use of my time....I hope.

pamperedlinda said:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as much as I love doing my newsletter it just takes too much time :( . I'm really thinking about subscribing then just adding my own stuff into it....I think it will be a much wiser use of my time....I hope.

I am thinking about subscribing to one to...But I dont' know which one to do yet!!!

pamperedlinda said:
This looks like a fairly new service.....how long have you been using them? Are you affiliated with them? I looked at the site and the newsletter is very nice, but I think it's a bit pricey, what kind of feedback are you getting from your customers? thanks.

The service was started in October 06. I started using it when it first launched. It was recommended to me by a friend that sells Longaberger Baskets. This same company does her newsletter for Longaberger and she sends it to me. The company is Newsletters by Email, Inc. They do other newsletters too. This is their website: www.newslettersbyemailinc.com

My friend has been using the BasketEmail newsletter for like 6 or 7 years. I'm not affiliated with them, I've just been using PCNews4U since it started, so I have gotten to know the lady that writes the newsletters. I know it's a little pricier than others, but I really like it. She runs specials sometimes. I can ask her if there is a special or if she can post something here.

Can she do that though? Is that allowed? Do you have to be a consultant to use this board?

Sandy

Oh, my customers enjoy the newsletter and I do get orders and bookings. I still make phone calls after I send out the newsletter. I can always ask if they received it which is a good "reason" to call.

It okay Linda:(
I keep a master copy of a previous month and have been adjusting it.
Right now I can't justify the expense. Maybe if my business picks up I might shop around also.

krzymomof4 said:
It okay Linda:(
I keep a master copy of a previous month and have been adjusting it.
Right now I can't justify the expense. Maybe if my business picks up I might shop around also.
Thanks for the forgiveness Leslie! I too couldn't justify the extra expense in the past (plus I really loved doing it). I'm trying to work harder and more efficiently on the things that will grow my business. And while I believe that the newsletter is EXTREMELY important for keeping your name in front of your customers, I have also accepted the fact that I don't have to be the one who writes it every month :eek: . Once I get my biz where I want it and have worked-out an office system that works best for me, my family, and my biz I may go back to it.

chefann said:
There is an export option in P3. I haven't tried to use it, but it was added a couple of updates ago.

I know - I tried it, but it's only to export into MS Outlook or other databases like that. I couldn't get it to import into Cust. Connection. Every update I try it again, just in case! :)

I'm learning new things all the time. How often do you send newsletters out to host and guest? I like the idea of having someone else do it since I'm not that creative.

baigaj said:
I'm learning new things all the time. How often do you send newsletters out to host and guest? I like the idea of having someone else do it since I'm not that creative.
I do it once a month.

Colleen does hers twice a month, but for right now I have been doing them once a month.

I talked to the Tech Support guys at conference and they are working on the P3 glitch. Right now you can't export the data in P# to Custoner Connection on the PWS. Hopefully it will be part of the update mentioned for August 1st.

Kathytnt said:
I talked to the Tech Support guys at conference and they are working on the P3 glitch. Right now you can't export the data in P# to Custoner Connection on the PWS. Hopefully it will be part of the update mentioned for August 1st.

Woohoo! Thanks, Kathy - that's great news! I knew they were working on it, just wasn't sure when it was happening. Can't wait! :)

What Do You Do for Newsletters? Do you make your own?

As a scientist, I often use newsletters to communicate my research findings and updates to my colleagues and peers. I typically make my own newsletters using various design software and templates. This allows me to customize the content, layout, and branding of the newsletter to fit my needs and target audience.

Do you use Tasty Tidbits?

I have not personally used Tasty Tidbits for my newsletters, but I am aware that it is a popular newsletter creation and distribution platform. It offers a variety of templates and tools to help users create professional-looking newsletters. However, it is important to note that this platform may not be suitable for all types of newsletters and may require a subscription fee.

Do you use Constant Contact?

I have used Constant Contact in the past for my newsletters. It is a user-friendly platform that offers a wide range of features such as customizable templates, email automation, and analytics. However, it does come with a monthly subscription fee, so it may not be suitable for all budgets.

Or do you use another not listed?

There are many other newsletter creation and distribution platforms available, such as Mailchimp, Aweber, and ConvertKit. These platforms offer similar features and pricing options to Tasty Tidbits and Constant Contact. It ultimately depends on the individual's needs and preferences in choosing a platform.

Do the newsletters pay for themselves?

This question can have a subjective answer as it depends on the purpose and goals of the newsletter. For some, newsletters may generate revenue through advertisements or subscriptions, covering the cost of creating and distributing the newsletter. For others, the newsletter may serve as a communication tool and may not have a direct financial return. However, newsletters can be a valuable asset for building a network and promoting one's work, which can indirectly contribute to financial gains.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies