• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Using a Cold Bowl for Cooking: Ask the Host!

In summary, a cold bowl can be used for cooking by simply placing ingredients in the bowl and mixing or preparing them. However, it is not recommended to use a cold bowl in the oven or microwave due to the risk of cracking or shattering. The recommended time to chill the bowl before using it is 30 minutes, but this may vary depending on the recipe. While not necessary, a cold bowl can be helpful for maintaining the temperature of certain ingredients. To clean and care for a cold bowl, wash it with warm soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners or steel wool.
DebPC
Staff member
Have a host asking about this...I don't have this. How well does it work in other bowls? How well does it work period, since the cold is only on the bottom?
Thanks!

I think it works great. The key though is to have the food cold already, then use the cooling insert once it's out of the frig to keep it cool. And, tossing the salad or whatever every so often will help too.

It fits in both the medium and large collapsible bowls (not quite down all the way in the medium if I remember right). I'll check and get back on that.ETA: yeah, about half way down on the medium but depending on what you put in it... It nicely matches the color of e bowl too.

Related to Using a Cold Bowl for Cooking: Ask the Host!

1. How do I use a cold bowl for cooking?

To use a cold bowl for cooking, simply place your ingredients in the bowl and mix or prepare them as desired. The cold temperature of the bowl will help keep your ingredients fresh and prevent them from overheating during the cooking process.

2. Can I use a cold bowl in the oven or microwave?

No, it is not recommended to use a cold bowl in the oven or microwave. The extreme temperatures of these appliances can cause the cold bowl to crack or shatter, resulting in a safety hazard. Stick to using the cold bowl for mixing or preparing ingredients only.

3. How long should I chill the bowl before using it for cooking?

The length of time you should chill the bowl will depend on the specific recipe you are making. In general, it is recommended to chill the bowl for at least 30 minutes before adding ingredients. However, be sure to follow the instructions of your recipe for the best results.

4. Is it necessary to use a cold bowl for cooking?

No, using a cold bowl for cooking is not always necessary, but it can be helpful in certain situations. For example, if you are working with ingredients that need to be kept cold, such as dough or pastry, a cold bowl can help maintain their temperature and prevent them from becoming too warm.

5. How do I clean and care for a cold bowl?

To clean a cold bowl, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly. It is not recommended to use abrasive cleaners or steel wool, as this can damage the bowl. When storing the bowl, be sure to keep it in a cool, dry place to prevent any damage or warping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rochelle Miller
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Genia Roman
  • Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • Sheila