• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upside Down Caramel Apple Pie Completely Failed Help!

In summary, there are a few potential reasons why your upside down caramel apple pie failed. One possibility is not using enough butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking. Another reason could be a too-thin pie crust unable to support the filling. Overbaking can also cause issues with burnt caramel and mushy apples. To prevent sticking, generously grease the pan or use parchment paper. Any type of apple can be used for the recipe, but Granny Smith is a popular choice for their ability to hold their shape. To prevent burnt caramel, cover the pie with foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking. This pie can also be made ahead of time by preparing and refrigerating until ready to bake, with a few extra minutes added to
britishchef
What did I do wrong? I followed the recipe EXCEPT I added 1-2 more apples. Well the caramel bubbled up and out of the pan and the *entire* crust stuck to the pan. Luckily it wasn't at a show! Did the extra apples really make the difference?

I made this last night and mine bubbled over slightly.
I had very large apples and am thinking the pie was over-filled. I would bet that is the problem, but would love to hear what other cheffers think! :)

I have made this recipeNumerous times, and honestly, I do not think you could possibly get this to look like the picture in the book. My mother-n-law said that it looks like they made an apple pie, inverted it and then just put carmel over the top of it. I would tend to agree with him.

1. Why did my upside down caramel apple pie completely fail?

There are a few reasons why your pie may have failed. One possible reason is that you did not use enough butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking. Another reason could be that the pie crust was not thick enough to support the weight of the filling. Additionally, overbaking the pie can cause the caramel to burn and the apples to become mushy.

2. How can I prevent my pie from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease the pan with butter or cooking spray before adding the pie crust. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for added protection.

3. Is it necessary to use a specific type of apple for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, some apples may hold up better during baking than others. Granny Smith apples are a popular choice because they have a tart flavor and hold their shape well when baked.

4. How can I make sure the caramel doesn't burn?

To prevent the caramel from burning, you can cover the pie with aluminum foil during the last 10-15 minutes of baking. This will help prevent the caramel from becoming too dark while still allowing the apples to cook through.

5. Can I make this pie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this pie ahead of time. Simply prepare the pie as instructed, cover it tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the pie is cold from the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • aried
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • wadesgirl