• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unreachable Host - Won't Close!

In summary, the hostess hasn't responded to multiple messages and emails, and it's possible that she has already closed the show.
braveslady
Hi all,

I had a show on March 30th (yes.. over 2 weeks ago) that I still haven't closed out. The host was supposed to close out that Thursday after her show. I called, left message. I have called and emailed at least 6 times since then - nothing. I've left the "your friends are waiting for their stuff" message... nothing. I emailed the hostess where I met her ("Have you heard from Susia? I'm worried about her...") but haven't heard back from her either.

She had a very small show, but still, I have checks from her friends (not enough to make $150, but she did have some outside orders that didn't pay yet).

On top of all this, she is a former consultant (!!) who may want to get back into it, so I don't want to turn her off or be mean. I thought about leaving the message, "It's been over 2 weeks, and your guests are wondering about their products. If I don't hear back from you by tomorrow night, I'll need to go ahead and place their orders. I will have to add ___ & ___'s orders to another show since they don't total $150 and I have no payment for your outside orders."

What would you do?? Thanks in advance!

The message that you are thinking about leaving is exactly what I would do. Get it taken care of, if you are close enough have the orders shipped to you and deliver them yourself.

I'd do the same thing. This is exactly why I have the guests make their checks out to me.

I had the same thing happen to me at the beginning of March and added orders to her show b/c I wanted the apron, but it left me soo bitter about everything that now I have a new policy. We close on X date and I'll call you at this time. I give you 48 hrs to respond and then I submitt. Take care of the clients and even if she decides to join people like her do not last. What a headache working with her would be.

almondfarm said:
The message that you are thinking about leaving is exactly what I would do. Get it taken care of, if you are close enough have the orders shipped to you and deliver them yourself.
My advise exactly!!!!:) Good luck! I had this happen once, it took her almost a month to close, she had a $700 show, so I couldn't figure out what her problem was! I talk to a few people a few months later and found out that a few of them still hadn't got their products!!! She lived about 40 minutes from me, in another state! That is why I didn't ship the show to me.
I will never make that mistake again!:rolleyes:

I'd add the outside orders that she gave you, but have the show delivered to your house so you can collect payment before you give away the products.

I'd leave a message that says, "Unfortunately, we're on a deadline here, so I'm going to choose your host benefits for you and submit your show by tomorrow night at 5. If you'd like to choose your items yourself, please contact me before than.

I'd think twice about encouraging her to re-sign. She didn't make it the first time and she's obviously still a flake. It could end up costing you alot of wasted time.

I've never tried this -- but what my upline Director says works every time is to leave a message saying "I have tried to reach you several times, I am going to go ahead and submit the order, I'll just pick what I think you would like for your free product." She says she ALWAYS gets a call back when she leaves that message.

I just closed a show with a catalog host. She was going to do March but then liked the April specials better. We were to close April 1. I called and emailed until I thought I would win pest of the year. She did respond once with an email with 2 orders and I had gotten one on-line order (in MARCH). We were at about $200 with those orders. She tried to call me once but I had stepped out for ONE HALF HOUR and she didn't call back or answer her phone.

Yesterday I email and called all 3 numbers I have for her and gave the message that I was closing another show this morning and that I had an order that I was planning on putting on her show but needed to get it in and would move it to the other show if I didn't hear from her (this was true). She called last night and closed her show and paid everything with everyone's credit card numbers. The show ended up being over $450.

This host is just very busy and very unconscious of time. She is a sweet person but... Anyway, she booked again for 6 months from now (does this to me every 6 months. :rolleyes: )

Thanks, all. I heard back from the previous host, and she said she saw this girl the other day and the girl didn't say anything about it. So I guess I'll try her again tonight and leave the "I have to send the orders in.." messagte. Unfortunately, I have no numbers for the outside orders she gave me, so I'm not going to risk ordering those products. Also, since she didnt reach $150, there is no free items for her to pick out. She did spend the money for the ingredients, so I feel bad about her not getting anything out of it.. when we did her show, she was so nice and easy to get along with. I even told my hubby that I could see us being friends! Go figure.

Can we buy Gift Certificates with the host benefits?

Related to Unreachable Host - Won't Close!

What causes an "Unreachable Host" error for Pampered Chef parties?

The most common cause of an "Unreachable Host" error is an unstable internet connection. This can be due to a weak Wi-Fi signal or intermittent outages.

How can I fix the "Unreachable Host" error for my party?

If you are experiencing an "Unreachable Host" error, try refreshing your internet connection or switching to a different network. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

Can I still place orders during an "Unreachable Host" error?

In most cases, you will still be able to place orders during an "Unreachable Host" error. However, it is recommended to wait until the issue is resolved to ensure a smooth and successful transaction.

Does Pampered Chef offer any troubleshooting tips for "Unreachable Host" errors?

Yes, we have a dedicated customer support team that can assist with troubleshooting "Unreachable Host" errors. You can also check our website for any known system issues or maintenance updates.

Is there a way to prevent "Unreachable Host" errors from happening in the future?

While we cannot guarantee that "Unreachable Host" errors will never occur, you can take steps to minimize the chances. This includes having a strong and stable internet connection, using a supported browser, and regularly clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
Replies