• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Host Snatched Away: How Has This Happened to You?

In summary, the speaker received a message from a past host requesting to do another catalog show. The host had trouble finding the speaker's contact information and finally received it from contacting PC. The speaker contacted the host and found out that another consultant had been pushy and already dropped off a packet. The speaker apologized for not staying in touch and offered to contact the other consultant for the host. The speaker was shocked that another consultant would try to steal a host and wonders if this has happened to anyone else. They are unsure of how to approach the other consultant and want to make sure they have all the facts before taking any action.
pampchefrhondab
When I arrived home from conference yesterday, I had a message from a past host requesting to do another catalog show. She had a hard time locating my contact information (even though I had given her a Season’s Best w/my sticker on it), but finally received it from contacting PC. The message was at 10:30 a.m. I retrieved it about 9 p.m. She stated she wanted to get the catalogs and order forms right away.

Needless to say I called her immediately. She said she was busy and would call me back. I told her I would be up until 11 p.m. – she never called. I phoned her again this morning around 10:30 a.m. She explained she had an awkward situation. Another consultant had contacted her and was very pushy and already dropped off a packet to her. I apologized to her for not keeping in contact with her more. I told her I actually was going to send her a catalog a while back and hadn’t gotten to it. I asked her if she had started collecting orders yet – she stated, “I haven’t even opened the packet yet.” I explained to her she still had a choice of who she would like to do the show with. She seemed a little afraid to contact the other consultant and said again how “pushy” she was. I explained I would contact the consultant for her. She was really happy about that and said how she would like that and appreciate it. I told her I would drop off my packet today and asked her for the other one so I could mail it back to the other consultant.

I may not have even suggested to the host she had a choice, but I have known her for over 10 years from my previous job. We have a mutual close friend.

I am in such “shock” that another consultant would steal a host from me! I work very hard in my business – as I’m sure all of you do. I could maybe understand if the host had been trying to reach me for several days or even a week without a returned phone call. I just would never do this to someone else knowing how hard we all work for our shows!

Has this ever happened to any of you? What are your thoughts? What should I say to this other consultant when I contact her? I don’t want to call her until I calm down about it. I know she won’t be calling the host for a few days because she is at NC right now.

If she contacted PC, then she most likely got sent through the Director's Lead system and that is where the other consultant/director comes into play.

The other constultant did not steal a show from you.

I'll end it there. I'm in a bad mood today.

I would find out if she filled anything out ro request a consultant when she contacted PC about you. They may have sent the other consultant the lead and she may not know that she is doing this. I would find out the whole story before doing anything at all. Personally, I think the host show be doing the contacted, but if you are comfortable doing so then I so go ahead but make sure you have all the facts first. You do now want to accuse someone of something they do not know they are doing.

DebbieJ said:
If she contacted PC, then she most likely got sent through the Director's Lead system and that is where the other consultant/director comes into play.

The other constultant did not steal a show from you.

I'll end it there. I'm in a bad mood today.

I would say you are correct if she didn't specifically contact PC to find me, but she did ask for me. I don't think any of the rest of you would be happy if you had a past host looking for you and then another consultant stepped in. I have talked to other conultants that know her and they said, "She is really pushy."

jrstephens said:
I would find out if she filled anything out ro request a consultant when she contacted PC about you. They may have sent the other consultant the lead and she may not know that she is doing this. I would find out the whole story before doing anything at all. Personally, I think the host show be doing the contacted, but if you are comfortable doing so then I so go ahead but make sure you have all the facts first. You do now want to accuse someone of something they do not know they are doing.

From what the host told me she knew the host was looking for me (I can't post the entire conversation). Maybe this is okay for some of you, but I don't take other consultants customers. When I work fairs or booths I always ask people if they have a consultant already. As you can see from my first post if she would have already started taking orders or passing out catalogs I would not have told her she could have the show with me.

Just to let everyone know, I don't plan on attacking this consultant because of it. I just wanted some advice and to know if it has ever happend to any of you. I'm just very saddend and dissapointed by it more then angry. I don't want all of you to read my post thinking I have an angry disposition.

Last edited:
I know you said the other consultant knew she was looking for you. If you're going to call the consultant anyway, I would definitely talk to her about it. As you had mentioned, you're not going to attack her, so when you do talk to her, I would ask her to explain what happened. Remember that there are always 2 (at least) sides to every story, and maybe your host isn't being entirely truthful (not accusing her, but maybe she's afraid to tell you the truth and is pushing the blame on the other consultant).

I had a situation not all that long ago where I was on the opposite end. I had gone to a few Relay For Life captain meetings and presented PC fundraisers. I had a lady book a fundraiser show. Got to her church, and I found out during the course of the conversation that she HAS a consultant. She opted to go with me because I presented the fundraising idea, the other consultant never did. The host (team captain) has ovarian cancer and said that the other consultant knew the host had cancer and that she was a team captain looking to raise money, but the consultant never said a single word to her. Do I feel bad? Of course (it was a $2100 show!!!!!!!!). But, was it my fault? NO!!!

Take this as a lesson learned - Keep in contact with your customers. I'll be honest - I am NOT good at my CC calls (something I'm working on), but everyone is invited to be on my newsletter list, and that at least keeps my name in front of them (I always invite them to contact me with questions, etc).

I can understand that you're upset with the situation. I would be, too, but learn from the situation and grow from it.

Good luck!

dianevill said:
I know you said the other consultant knew she was looking for you. If you're going to call the consultant anyway, I would definitely talk to her about it. As you had mentioned, you're not going to attack her, so when you do talk to her, I would ask her to explain what happened. Remember that there are always 2 (at least) sides to every story, and maybe your host isn't being entirely truthful (not accusing her, but maybe she's afraid to tell you the truth and is pushing the blame on the other consultant).

I had a situation not all that long ago where I was on the opposite end. I had gone to a few Relay For Life captain meetings and presented PC fundraisers. I had a lady book a fundraiser show. Got to her church, and I found out during the course of the conversation that she HAS a consultant. She opted to go with me because I presented the fundraising idea, the other consultant never did. The host (team captain) has ovarian cancer and said that the other consultant knew the host had cancer and that she was a team captain looking to raise money, but the consultant never said a single word to her. Do I feel bad? Of course (it was a $2100 show!!!!!!!!). But, was it my fault? NO!!!

Take this as a lesson learned - Keep in contact with your customers. I'll be honest - I am NOT good at my CC calls (something I'm working on), but everyone is invited to be on my newsletter list, and that at least keeps my name in front of them (I always invite them to contact me with questions, etc).

I can understand that you're upset with the situation. I would be, too, but learn from the situation and grow from it.

Good luck!

Thank you so much Diane - this is great advice.

Yes, I'm still learning. That is why I appoligized to the host about not keeping in touch with her and explained the choice was hers of who she wanted to go with. It's actually on my "to do" list to contact all of my past hosts before Sept. 1st. My goal is to do a few each night.

Thanks again,

pampchefrhondab said:
From what the host told me she knew the host was looking for me (I can't post the entire conversation). Maybe this is okay for some of you, but I don't take other consultants customers. When I work fairs or booths I always ask people if they have a consultant already. As you can see from my first post if she would have already started taking orders or passing out catalogs I would not have told her she could have the show with me.

Just to let everyone know, I don't plan on attacking this consultant because of it. I just wanted some advice and to know if it has ever happend to any of you. I'm just very saddend and dissapointed by it more then angry. I don't want all of you to read my post thinking I have an angry disposition.

I was not finding fault in YOU at all for being upset. I would be too. I had obvious stealing done to me when I first signed up from someone that is my neighbor and I thought was a great friend, so, I know all about hurt feeling from that. I just wanted you to make sure you had the whole story b/c I did not want you to have problems when you called the consultant like if she told you it was a HO lead.

I am sorry and apoligize if you felt I was attacking you b/c I did not mean it to sound that way in any shape or form. Again, I apologize.

jrstephens said:
I was not finding fault in YOU at all for being upset. I would be too. I had obvious stealing done to me when I first signed up from someone that is my neighbor and I thought was a great friend, so, I know all about hurt feeling from that. I just wanted you to make sure you had the whole story b/c I did not want you to have problems when you called the consultant like if she told you it was a HO lead.

I am sorry and apoligize if you felt I was attacking you b/c I did not mean it to sound that way in any shape or form. Again, I apologize.

Oh Jennifer I didn't think you were attacking me - I just wanted to clarify myself a little more. Sometimes things come across wrong when they are typed.

My guess is it probably was a HO lead, if so I feel bad for her (because now she will be put at the bottom of the lead list). There really isn't a good way for a past host to search for a paticular consultant w/o going through the lead system that I know of. I wish there was a way they could search for all consultants by city/state or name. I know I have a Tastefully Simple rep. and I can search for her on their website by name/city or state if I lose her info. I probably wouldn't even know her name until I see it - I've done it before to find her.

Last edited:
pampchefrhondab said:
Oh Jennifer I didn't think you were attacking me - I just wanted to clarify myself a little more. Sometimes things come across wrong when they are typed.

Just wanted to make sure b/c I did not in anyway want to hurt your feelings.

Keep us updated on what happens. I am curious to know....

I just have to ask, how did the other consultant get this hosts contact info if the host did not give it out?

The host most likely didn't understand how to look for you and filled out the HO lead form online - I have had this happen before. Now, I would let the director know that she was trying to contact you and wants you to do the show. Tell her your customer was confused. There is a way for the director to let HO know it wasn't a lead and possibly to be put back at the top of the system. Just realize that the director probably didn't ask if the host had a consultant - I usually don't because it isn't something that comes to mind with a HO lead.

Okay I found out some more info. I dropped my packet off at the host's door so I called to confirm she received it. She said yes and thank you. She asked if I contacted the other consultant yet. I told her I would call her tonight. I asked her before I do did she give you my contact info. My host said, "No, I got it from calling the 800 number for PC on line." She said she had to call two times to get someone from HO to call her. Because she didn't hear back from HO she said she also filled out a form on-line because she just wants to have a party. When this consultant called her she told her, "I already found the consultant I was looking for and left her a message." This consultant said, "That's okay, I'll go ahead and drop off a packet to you." I said to my host, "Okay, I just wanted to know if this consultant was aware of me before I call her." "I don't want her to be confused where I came from."

So it's not the consultants fault for contacting her; however, I feel she should have told her, "If your regular consultant doesn't contact you, please call me I would love to help you - Here is my number." Then she should have followed-up w/her.

Last edited:

1. How common is it for a host to unexpectedly cancel their party?

Unfortunately, it does happen occasionally that a host has to cancel their party for unexpected reasons. However, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and will do our best to reschedule or find a new host for your party.

2. What happens to my order if the host cancels?

If the host cancels their party, we will work with you to either find a new host or place your order through our website. Your order will still be eligible for any discounts or specials that were offered at the original party.

3. Can I still earn host rewards if the host cancels?

If you were planning on hosting a party and the host cancels, we will work with you to find a new host or place your order through our website. You will still be eligible for any host rewards based on the total sales from your party.

4. How far in advance should I book a party to avoid unexpected cancellations?

We recommend booking your party at least a month in advance to give both you and your host enough time to prepare. This also allows for any unexpected events that may come up.

5. What if I'm unable to attend a party that I've been invited to?

If you are unable to attend a party that you've been invited to, you can still place an order through our website or contact us to see if there are any other parties in your area that you can attend. Your consultant will also be happy to help you with any questions or orders you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Bren706