• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has This Ever Happened to Anyone?

In summary, a friend's show last night was interrupted by someone stealing her Quikut Knives, her Cranberry i-slice, her Citrus Peeler, and her Clock/Timer. The host is going to be e-mailing all of the guests and mentioning that the consultant from the PC party is missing the following items. There is no indication yet as to who stole the items.
amya
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is a fellow consultant. She was telling me about her show last night and I couldn't believe what happened to her.

After her demo, she went into a different room to finish everyone's order and finish the check-out process. When she returned to the main room to pack up her stuff, one of her Quikut Knives (from the set of 3), her Cranberry i-slice, her Citrus Peeler and her Clock/Timer were missing. She looked through all of her stuff and double-checked her dirty dish pan and could not find them anywhere. She talked to the host, who also helped her look, and still nothing. Her host is mortified because one of her friends must have taken the things home with her. The host will be e-mailing all of the guests and mentioning that the consultant from the PC party is missing the following items, does anyone know.....

The party is at $931 with 3 bookings, so the evening wasn't a total loss for her, but still - it seems someone stole some products from her. The host has not offered to replace the items for my friend so when the show closes, she is going to put the Clock/Timer on the host's order to replace that. The rest of the missing products are not that expensive to replace, but she definitely wants the timer back.

What would all of you do?

That's terrible! The nerve of some people! :mad:

That said, it's an unfortunate fact of life that theft happens. Your friend can write off the replacement cost as a business expense, but that's about it.

I wouldn't try to approach any of the guests about it - accusations won't endear her to any of her new customers. However, if the host should happen to mention, say when she is delivering the products, that "The strangest thing happened. Carrie Consultant couldn't find a couple of items when she packed up at my house. You didn't happen to see where she put them?" maybe someone will get a guilty conscience and 'fess up.

I would say to the host, "I'm so forgetful at times...I didn't happen to leave XXX at your house did I?" That will get her looking.
This actually happened to me this summer. After a show I couldn't find my utility AND my paring knife. I had the sharpeners, but no knives! I asked the host, and she said she couldn't find them. So I was happy when we came out with new knives, cause I really needed them!

What a bummer! Maybe check back with the host in a few days? At my show Friday, the guests were all her family and were on a cleaning frenzy. They threw my zester in the sink not paying attention to the fact it was mine!

Fortunately, the host was my friend/coworker's MIL, so she went up there yesterday and my zester is back safe and sound.

so sorry to hear it!

The opposite happened to meWhen I first started selling almost 8 years ago I had a good family friend tell me I took her Salt and Pepper Mill home. I did not. She insisted on me buying her another one. I grudgingly bought her a new one just to save my reputation. At her mother's funeral last year she laughingly told me they found it in her son's toy box a few years ago. Haha... She didn't offer to pay me back. I was irritatated but killed her with kindness. Out of the blue she called last month and booked a show! She also asked me about becoming a consultant. She loves the products, has determination and can get what she wants. She will probably be a great consultant if she actually signs the agreement!

I always joke that "if you have a show, you too could wind up with the extra products I forget at your house, just like I did at Carol's."

It stinks. One time I lost my utility knife at a hosts home... still have the sharpener though. Anyway, I didn't push the issue with the host and I am glad I didn't because she has become my BEST consultant!

Luckily this has not happend to me, but I do get a little worried now that I have the expensive knives!

I do know a consultant who had $40 stolen from her purse! I never take my purse w/me now (of course w/3 kids I never have much money in it anyway)!

I left items at a friends show--don't always notice til the next show!!

she called me and said that was nice of me to leave my self sharpening knife and 1 other item (I forget now) as gifts-----yea right!!!!

I said NO --I actually did just forget and leave them there---luckily it was my friend!!:D

But she really did think I left them for her:D

That reminds me I left my small spatula at a host's house and she was suppose to send it to me and I have not gotten it. I need to call her.

1. Has anyone ever had a product break during a cooking demonstration?

Yes, it is possible for a product to break during a cooking demonstration. However, Pampered Chef products are designed to be durable and withstand regular use. If a product does happen to break during a demonstration, our consultants are trained to handle the situation and provide a replacement or refund if necessary.

2. What happens if I accidentally order the wrong product?

If you accidentally order the wrong product, you can contact our customer service team to make changes to your order. If the product has already been shipped, you can return it for a refund or exchange within 30 days. Please refer to our return policy for more information.

3. Is it possible to customize a product with my name or logo?

Yes, some of our products can be customized with your name or logo. However, this service is only available for bulk orders and may require an additional fee. Please contact our customer service team for more information and to place a custom order.

4. What is the warranty for Pampered Chef products?

Most of our products come with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. This means if a product breaks or becomes damaged due to normal use, we will replace it at no cost to you. Please refer to the specific product's warranty information for more details.

5. Can I return a product bought from a Pampered Chef consultant to a retail store?

No, our products are only sold through independent Pampered Chef consultants and cannot be returned to retail stores. However, you can contact our customer service team to arrange for a return or exchange if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chefheidi2003