• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Difference Between WW Momentum and WW +PLUS

you don't need to go to meetings.I started by going to meetings. I try to do it online now. I recommend starting with the meetings. I do better by listening and learning from what other people say. I esp. like the food ideas that people give. The weigh in is completely private. Well, not behind a screen or anything but the number is between you and the staff member. You get recognition for your successes, much like PC does :) It's also a resource if you have roadblocks.
heat123
Silver Member
I ended my subscription in July with WW momentum, I think its called. Does anyone know how the new +PLUS program is different or works compared to the last one? TIA! I got email announcing the new launch ;)

It counts calories, fat, protein, carbs and fiber to figure points totals. All fruit is free and most veggies are free (not starchy beans, corn or potatoes). Will take some getting used to, but I love the swing away from processed foods.

Smartest thing WW ever did.

Make fruit and veggies free - and assign points to non-foods. "...makes a 100 calorie apple free, but a 100 calorie bag of chips still has points."

It doesn't calculate calories, just the fat, fiber, carbs and protein with a proprietary formula. I'm glad they're giving more consideration to protein but obviously not going Atkins. The focus is on foods that will keep you full longer. Anyone going to meetings? I have the old Points finder and wonder if they're giving out something new at the meetings or how people who aren't online are figuring Points. I was about to end my online subscription b/c I have not been tracking. The new program has got me thinking that this is the fresh start I need. All of the Points values have changed, mostly going up. Points allowances went up, too. I'm sitting here with a few food labels I need to put into the planner and see where I am for the day. It's going to take a little getting used to with budgeting points for the day.

Any packaged foods - frozen meals, Progresso soup, WW cakes, etc. - their Points values are not the same in the new system.

At the meeting last Saturday, our leader told us that they will be selling the new point calculator at cost to everyone. They couldn't develop a paper slider that would work with the new method, so the electronic calculator is the way to go. I think she said it would be $6 for the first one and then $11 if you wanted another.

I am considering joining this program. How have the results been? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

DebinIA said:
At the meeting last Saturday, our leader told us that they will be selling the new point calculator at cost to everyone. They couldn't develop a paper slider that would work with the new method, so the electronic calculator is the way to go. I think she said it would be $6 for the first one and then $11 if you wanted another.

Thanks for the info! Wonder if they'll make them available online.

Oooo...I almost forgot tonight is my meeting night! I need a new boost.

Thanks for all the Input-411, I guess I need to resubscribe to re evaluate my pts allowance and food pts variences. :p

I lost 60 pounds in about 5 months on Weight Watchers from March to July-- although I didn't officially join, I know how to calculate points and follow the program.

I love it! I have been in maintenance for a few months now and it's the easiest weight loss and maintenance I have ever done -- highly recommend it!!

Going to my meeting tomorrow where they are launching the new program. We were told if we are there the first meeting with the new program we would get our calculators free! The week after that $10 and after that maybe $20? I track online and got a message saying it would not be available for a few days after the launch. Hopefully it's not too long, cause I am lost without it! I use my iphone and track and look up points no matter where I am and I love it! I guess doing it by hand will help me to learn faster. Bummed that all my cookbooks the points won't be right now...but it sounds like a healthier plan. I like that it's rewarding healthier choices and discouraging poor ones - regardless of calories/fat/etc.

For those that do it do you reccomend the meeting way or online version?

I started by going to meetings. I try to do it online now. I recommend starting with the meetings. I do better by listening and learning from what other people say. I esp. like the food ideas that people give. The weigh in is completely private. Well, not behind a screen or anything but the number is between you and the staff member. You get recognition for your successes, much like PC does :) It's also a resource if you have roadblocks. I never had great leaders, but I've heard other people who have. There is a lot of info online and group forums. If you do well with online stuff, you could be fine that way. I haven't taken the time to really explore the online resources. I just do my tracking online. When you go to meetings, each week you get a new brochure to cover the first 10 or so weeks on the program. In the old days, they didn't introduce exercise/activity until at least the 3rd week.

StacieB said:
For those that do it do you reccomend the meeting way or online version?
I had started with "At Home"...lost a few pounds. Then switched to "Online"...a couple more pounds...then I lost motivation. I started attending meetings 5 years ago, and have gone every since. When I miss meetings, I start gaining the weight back. But I had lost 35 lbs and kept it off for a LONG time. When things got crazy and I missed more and more meetings, I found that weight again (almost all of it). SO the new program has me pumped to restart fresh.I like that I get more points per day and for the weekly allowance points. But I really like the meetings for accountability (no one sees your weight loss/gains except the lady at the computer, and they've ALL been on the scale and still do it). I also like the fresh ideas, and frankly- the HOUR ME TIME~ :D It's MY time to get out. I typically run an errand or two after the meetings...all by myself. love it! ;) I've also been lucky to have fantastic leaders. I am lucky enough to live in an area that had meetings often, so each night had different leaders so it took a few nights till I found the one I clicked best with.

Yes you get more points, but food is more points. A subway 6 inch Sweet onion is 8 points now. A veggie is 6. I am starting tomorrow, which means I am giving up my Starbucks frappachinos :(. But I need to get my motivation back.

Lisa

lcucinella said:
Yes you get more points, but food is more points. A subway 6 inch Sweet onion is 8 points now. A veggie is 6. I am starting tomorrow, which means I am giving up my Starbucks frappachinos :(. But I need to get my motivation back.

Lisa

Yes...I realize that. I was surprised they didn't stress that more at the meeting. She just kept saying how you get more points?! Well, yeah, but what was 2, is now 3, or what was 3 is now 6 (foods vary).

I am glad they got rid of that "set point" thing. Uggh...that confused me. And "Power Foods" is more like what the Core Plan used to be - or so it seemed when I first read it.

I've really been thinking about doing WW as well...in the last 6 yrs since I've been home w/ my daughter, I've put on about 40 lbs (yuck!) and I just feel overall- FAT.

How are the frozen meals you find in a store? Do you think you can start with those before doing your own stuff at home? I have a LOW self discipline problem (my husband loves sweets and snacks!) and if it's here I will eat it. (which I think is what got me in this position)

How much is the program if you actually go the meetings and sign up?

In my area, Not sure if it varies by location much, but I pay $39.95 for the monthly pass (auto renews each month). It covers meetings and E-Tools (online). That is the cheapest option. If you pay weekly, or for a set number of weeks, it usually costs more. Go online to www.weightwatchers.com and search for a location near you. You can click on "Prices" for the meeting location of your choice, and it should give you the plan options for that area. It shows it based on the "per week average". The frozen meals aren't bad actually...but they aren't MUCH in quantity either. They are good for quick meals probably, but I find myself hungry later. And for snacks, I'm the same way- but fortunately, MOST of my DH's snacks aren't appealing to me too much. I keep the fruit and snacks that I like in the house and most people don't bother them. meetings definitely can help you with brainstorming those ideas too.I'm in the same boat with finding that 35 lbs this year. I was 8 lbs from goal, and now I"m 4 lbs from my starting weight! :eek: I just have to get back on program and do what worked.

Started yesterday!! Cant wait to see what the results will be!

I got this in my email today from "Hungry Girl" and thought it summed it up nicely, especially when people are thrown by the "increase in daily/weekly points". We started it last week, but I didn't start doing anything last week. This week, i am trying.

Dear Hungry Girl,

I follow Weight Watchers and am a little concerned about the new PointsPlus™ plan. It seems that many of my favorite foods with a POINTS® value of 1 -- like VitaTops and Sandwich Thins -- now have a PointsPlus™ value of 3. I am confused and feel like I might need to give up my favorites. HELP ME!

Worried 'Bout the New WW

Dear Worried,

I am here to put your mind at ease... I, too, was worried about the new Weight Watchers plan before I gave it a try. But I've jumped into it, and I'm more than pleasantly surprised with how it's going. There are TWO key things to keep in mind...

1. The amount of PointsPlus™ you get with the new plan is greater than the amount of POINTS® you got with the old plan. (That goes for daily and weekly totals.) So even though some of your favorite packaged foods have higher values, you also have a bigger "budget" to play with.

2. On the new plan, there are more "freebies" -- those foods with a PointsPlus™ value of 0. (ALL fruits and most veggies.) Bananas! Grapes! Butternut squash! YAY!!!!

So here's the deal. On the old plan, A LOT of people I know would overindulge in packaged snacks with a POINTS® value of 1 or 2. In all honesty, that's not a great idea; cramming too many packaged snacks into your daily diet isn't the best strategy. Most people know this, but they did it anyway. (It happens.) Now that many of those carby snacks have PointsPlus™ values of 3 or 4, you just need to make your choices wisely. Instead of eating three or four of those packaged snacks per day, have just one or two. Then have more BETTER-FOR-YOU snacks, like fruits and veggies, throughout the day. And mixing and matching these types of foods works GREAT with the new plan. I used to eat a banana and a VitaTop together -- that added up to a POINTS® value of 3*. That same banana and VitaTop combo now has a PointsPlus™ value of 3*. Same value. So there's definitely room in your life for Vitas, Sandwich Thins, and your other low-calorie, high-fiber favorites -- you just have to figure out how they fit into your overall plan. The super-great news is that you will likely find yourself eating more fruits and veggies than ever before -- more lean protein too. So hang in there! And good luck with the new WW plan. I think it ROCKS!

Haven't been on here for awhile and saw this thread. I join weight watchers 3 weeks ago. I have lost 10 pounds. Last week was the first week on points plus program and I lost 3.5 pounds. I need to measure myself because I know I've lost many inches. All my pants and jeans are so big they fall off the waist. I plan on being down 50 pounds by NC and looking like a new person.

If you only attend meetings and choose not to do online/etools do they give you the info on how to figure out your points or tell you what your new daily points after losing?

lockhartkitchen said:
Haven't been on here for awhile and saw this thread. I join weight watchers 3 weeks ago. I have lost 10 pounds. Last week was the first week on points plus program and I lost 3.5 pounds. I need to measure myself because I know I've lost many inches. All my pants and jeans are so big they fall off the waist. I plan on being down 50 pounds by NC and looking like a new person.

Good job! I "re" joined last week with Pts Plus and lost 1.5lbs! :):thumbup: And I was totally scared going from 19-29pts :eek: lol

Kncmurray, I don't do online or etools and yes, they will give you all the information you need at your meetings.

What is the difference between WW Momentum and WW +PLUS?

WW Momentum and WW +PLUS are both weight loss programs offered by WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers). The main difference between the two is that WW Momentum focuses on tracking points for food and activity, while WW +PLUS includes a personalized SmartPoints budget that takes into account your age, gender, height, and weight.

Which program is better for someone looking to lose weight?

Both WW Momentum and WW +PLUS are designed to help individuals lose weight, so the best program for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs. If you prefer a more flexible approach to tracking food and activity, WW Momentum may be a better fit. If you want a more personalized plan based on your specific factors, WW +PLUS may be a better option.

Do I have to pay extra for WW +PLUS?

Yes, there is an additional fee for WW +PLUS as it includes the personalized SmartPoints budget and access to the WW +PLUS community. However, many members find that the added cost is worth it for the personalized support and resources.

Can I switch from WW Momentum to WW +PLUS or vice versa?

Yes, you can switch between the two programs at any time. If you are currently a member of WW Momentum and want to switch to WW +PLUS, you will need to upgrade your membership and pay the additional fee. If you are a WW +PLUS member and want to switch to WW Momentum, you can do so and will not be charged any additional fees.

Are there any specific foods or activities that are encouraged or discouraged in WW Momentum and WW +PLUS?

Both programs encourage a balanced and healthy diet, including a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. As for activities, both programs encourage regular physical activity, but there are no specific foods or activities that are strictly prohibited. It is all about finding a balance and making sustainable lifestyle changes that work for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenni
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jenni
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
rebeccastt