• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Shows From the Same Workplace?

In summary, the first hostess booked the first show in October. The first show had lots of orders from her office mates who could not attend the Saturday brunch. She had 15 guests at her home. One officemate booked a party without having even seen me. She collected $300 in orders at the office in January. When she could not get guests to come to her home, I did the show just for her. The second hostess is scheduled to book the second show in September. The second show will have different guests because the first show was for the first hostess's first show.
mhrivera
First, I just wanted to say that this is my first post, but I have loved reading all your ideas, and know it's going to help me so much!

I just had a show, and two guests wanted to have a show - one catalog for July, and one cooking for August. Turns out, they work together, and didn't want to have two shows so close together for a lot of the same people. I told them about how they would have different host specials, and there are a lot of other people out there besides co-workers, but they ultimately decided to co-host in August.

Any suggestions for something like this?

Thanks!
Melissa

Be sure they know that if they co-host only one can get the host special.

I think you handled it right but they just didn't get it - stress again that they know different people. If one is mid July and the other end August that's two different paychecks and like you said two different set of specials.

If they still don't want to make it that close one could take July or August and can promote the discontinuing items and the other September and the new catalog.

Something else I have found out in this kind of situation, most guests will purchase based on the products you demo and the ones you talk about. So, even if the same guests come to both shows, if one show you demo a dessert, and the other show you demo a savory dish, chances are they will find something different to buy.

Not that it's entirely the same thing, but I had 2 women book off of me who lived NEXT DOOR to one another on consecutive nights. I think there were maybe 2 doubles and they both had like $800 shows. Maybe that story will entice them? Also, everyone mentioned different host specials, but they will have different guest specials, too!

My mom works at a chiropractor's office and I have a how with them almost every month. People like the fact that they can buy less each time knowing that they get get something from their next paycheck too. They ultimately buy more over a longer period of time because they can spread it out over different paychecks.

One idea to get them to host different shows and not feel bad about having the same guests is to change the months. Since we have a new catalog coming out in September maybe one can do it in July or August and the other in September. This way they can let everyone know they need to come back to see all the new products that are coming out. Just be careful during your demo about building it up too much otherwise the first show may not have as great of sales for people holding off to buy in September. This way they will both also be able to get host specials!

I had a similar situation. First hostess came via Curves display. She had my
first $1,000 show, in Oct. She had lots of outside orders from her office mates who could not attend the Sat. Brunch. She had 15 guests at her home. One officemate booked a party without having even seen me. She collected $300 in orders at the office in Jan., and when she could not get guests to come to her home, I did the show just for her. We had a wonderful time, and her personal order was for all the items I demo'd. It's time for me to check back with her and do an actual party now that the weather is nice and her garden will be in its glory.

I had a similar situation. First hostess came via Curves display. She had my
first $1,000 show, in Oct. She had lots of outside orders from her office mates who could not attend the Sat. Brunch. She had 15 guests at her home. One officemate booked a party without having even seen me. She collected $300 in orders at the office in Jan., and when she could not get guests to come to her home, I did the show just for her. We had a wonderful time, and her personal order was for all the items I demo'd. It's time for me to check back with her and do an actual party now that the weather is nice and her garden will be in its glory.

I'd just leave things the way they are---someone else may book for Sept. from the office-you can entice them at the show to book with a new catalog coming out and all----you tried to explain---I wouldn't want to lose the current :D show or make them not want to do it at all

Here's my two cents.Let them co-host. I would set up a show for each of them. But explain to them that if they have to get over $300 in orders so that you CAN/WILL make it two shows. One for each host rather than a co-host situation. But if each has under $150, you can't make them seperate shows. It's alittle more work for you but guess what? It will actually benefit you in the long run as you will have two happy full fledged hosts who will order from you again and hoepfully host for you again. And time is free when it comes to preping this way. Best part, only one demo, one night and many benefits.
I had a mother and daughter-in-law do a combined show last September. I purposely set up each with their own host packets. There were 5 catalogs, 25 OOF with their name on them so I could seperate the orders that way, in each packet. At the show, I asked each guest who invited them and placed that order on the individuals shows. They had about $400 combined in orders from that demo. I split those order based on who inited them. It turned out to be almost half and half. They both wanted a roaster. Not one to share! (Would have been to hard to get 40 pounds of turkey in that puppy even though it is big! they both have very big families!)
So they continued to get outside orders after the show and each ended up with about $550 in orders. Here's the kicker, I would call each about every two days to get more orders. Then I would tell the other how much the other was up too. It sort of set up a competition! Each got a roaster and each has a PHD and each got freebies. They were very happy campers!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice. I'll try some of them next time. I wanted to bump up my July sales (SS3), but for now, I think I'll let them co-host, and maybe get a few bookings from that show. I was going to split it into two shows, but the hosts get more free if you do it all as one. (They don't mind sharing the host special - and one can order the Sep. host special off a booking).

Thanks again,
Melissa

Wow, you just taught me something I thought I knewYou listened to your host(s) and gave them what THEY wanted. Sometimes I forget to do that. I am so worried about what I want or need that I loose track of the fact that this is my Host(s) gig and not mine. I provide the service but they should be able to choose how to do it without a lot of input from me.
So here it is in a nut shell: I need to shut up when something does not go the way I want it too during the planning and do their bidding. Maybe I would have even higher sales and higher booking rates.
My Bad!

Does anyone know what the discon items are for this season?

Discontinued itemsI know that the line of Generation II cookware is going to be gone in the fall catalog.
And then of course all of our spring colored items usually are replaced with new fall/winter colors.
As far as anything else, I don't know that yet. I hope they bring the funnels out in white and I love those microfiber towels but I am not too crazy about those colors.
My kitchen is red and black.
We are also going to get some new stoneware molds for the Round up from the Heart campaign. So the heart mold on page 33 will be gone.

Oh yeah and I think the patriotic red, white and blue tablecloth, and basket liner are probably going to be discontinued.

Debbie

1. Can I host two shows at my workplace on the same day?

No, according to our policies, only one show can be hosted per day at the same workplace. This allows for each show to have its own exclusive audience and for the host to fully focus on one show at a time.

2. Can I combine orders from both shows to reach the host rewards?

Yes, as long as the shows are held within the same month, you can combine the orders from both shows to reach the host rewards. However, the individual show sales and guest count will still be considered separate for the purpose of determining the host benefits.

3. Can I have the same guest attend both shows at my workplace?

Yes, guests are welcome to attend both shows at your workplace. However, keep in mind that the host rewards and incentives are based on unique guests, so having the same guest attend both shows will not count as two separate guests.

4. Do I need to have a different host for each show at my workplace?

No, the same host can host both shows at your workplace. This can be a great opportunity for the host to earn even more rewards and for guests to have multiple chances to learn about our products and shop.

5. Are there any special discounts or promotions for hosting two shows at my workplace?

Yes, we offer a special discount for hosts who book two shows at their workplace. This discount can vary, so please reach out to your consultant for more information about this promotion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kris Renee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kris Renee
  • pkd09