• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Turtle Skillet Cake ~ Can It Be Done in the 10" Skillet?

In summary, there is a possibility of making the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in a 10" skillet instead of a 12". Some people have tried it and it has turned out well, but it may need a longer cooking time. It is also possible to make it in a stir fry skillet, but it may require a longer baking time due to its thickness.
ChefLauraW
Wasn't sure if this was possible or not -- but can you make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in the 10" skillet, as opposed to the 12"?

Theoretically, I guess it very well could be done, just cut down some ingredients. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done it that way.

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

~*~Laura~*~

I would think that it would be ok. The cake would just bake high? Anyone try it?

The cake bakes to about 1 or 1 1/2 inches high in the 12"skillet. You could easily do it in the 10" skillet...you may need to cook it a bit longer, and I would place something under the 10" skillet - just in case.

I've done it in the 10" skillet before. It takes quite a bit longer.

I bought my daughter the 7 pc Exec set and she made one in the 10" and it came out great! It is a good size, too. Fits on a regular size dinner plate instead of having to lug around a giant platter to the show!

By the way, I recruited her, too!:D

I made it in the 10" at my show today -- worked GREAT and everyone loved it!

Just to be on the safe side, I mixed the batter in the batter bowl, and poured all but 1/4 into the skillet. I thought "better safe than sorry!" It still was super yummy and I sold a piece of open stock professional cookware from it! And someone else booked a party from it too so they could get some cookware!

Whoo hoo!!!

I'll be making that again for sure at my next party!

Thanks for all your help ladies!!!:)

~*~Laura~*~

ChefLauraW said:
Wasn't sure if this was possible or not -- but can you make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake in the 10" skillet, as opposed to the 12"?

Theoretically, I guess it very well could be done, just cut down some ingredients. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done it that way.

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

~*~Laura~*~
Has anyone ever made the Turtle Skillet cake in the stir fry skillet? I'd like to try it. Thanks, Debbie

Stir Fry Skillet answerAbsolutely! The Gen II Stir-Fry Skillet was the only skillet I owned when I started. You will need to bake the cake about 10 minutes longer because of it's thickness. I use a cake tester to make sure it's done. I think it makes a much prettier presentation too since the cake is dome shaped :)

1. Can I use a 10" skillet to make the Turtle Skillet Cake?

Yes, the Turtle Skillet Cake can be made in a 10" skillet. However, it is recommended to use a non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron skillet for best results.

2. Do I need to preheat the skillet before making the Turtle Skillet Cake?

Yes, it is important to preheat the skillet before adding the cake batter. This will help ensure even cooking and prevent the cake from sticking to the skillet.

3. Can I use a boxed cake mix for the Turtle Skillet Cake?

Yes, a boxed cake mix can be used for the Turtle Skillet Cake. Follow the instructions on the box, and be sure to adjust the baking time according to the size of the skillet.

4. How long does the Turtle Skillet Cake need to cool before serving?

The Turtle Skillet Cake should cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. This will allow the cake to set and prevent it from falling apart when removing it from the skillet.

5. Can I make a gluten-free version of the Turtle Skillet Cake?

Yes, a gluten-free version of the Turtle Skillet Cake can be made by using a gluten-free cake mix and ensuring all other ingredients are also gluten-free. Be sure to check the labels of all ingredients to avoid cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
  • rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
Replies